//Chapter XI

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i: CAPITULO O N S E]

| Confusions. |

 

— Seoul, South Korea

— Present Time

 

It was the ringing of the bell that signals Wyji that the classes for the day were already done. He haven't seen Auie after what happened that morning and he was quite worried; worried that what if Auie will ignore him-- forever. A reason for him to heaved for a very deep sigh.

After packing his things, a familiar figure caught his attention that made him glanced at the window. What the heck is he doing here?

The reaper chased after the figure he just saw. Panting, he found himself standing at the roof top where a man garmented with an ash-like coat and an all-black suit, facing the blushing sky opposite to him.

Huos? tired yet Wyji managed to utter the co-reaper's name. What are you doing here?

It's been a while. Hmm— 200 years ago I think? with a smile drawn on his lips, the reaper named Huos greeted Wyji. It's just so happen that I'll be staying here for good. And oh— as a greeting let me give you this. Huos handed an envelope, an envelope that Wyji's so tired to see.

A mission?

Yes— His Majesty wants me to deliver that to you personally.

I see.

So cold— anyways, let's just do the catch up later at your manor. You have lots of things to tell me. after saying those words, Huos dissolves in the thin air, leaving Wyji there while looking at the mission card in his hands.

Should I tell you about her?
 

——————————

 

— Seoul Medical Center

 

Wyji personally hates the hospital; its smell, the number of missing souls wondering and of course, those ghosts that mortals were so afraid of. Every time a reaper pays a visit at a hospital, all those spirits seems like wants to hide and play hide and seek as if they're facing the death for the second time around. They gave way to Wyji as he walks through the hallway, wearing his famous cold face again, that scared all those entities more.

Emergency room? he said almost inaudible; this is the place he hates the most. He really hates the emergency room. Without opening the door, Wyji passed through the wall and a familiar situation welcomed him where a girl is currently fighting for her life; whilst her lover's soul is encouraging her to fight and don't give up.

Bea. Please— don't give up. Fight for your life, love. the reaper was caught off-guard. This is the same thing that happened to him— him and Alluca.

Clear!!! Check the pulse. Bea's back arched as the doctors where all trying their best to revived her
 

Still not stable, Doc.

Baby, you can do it. I can't make it so at least you should live. the lad's soul keeps on cheering for his lover; tears almost can be seen on his eyes.

Nathanael Kim. 23 years of age. Cause of death: Car accident. the lad looked at Wyji's direction, making him aware of his presence.

Are you here to take her? Take the both of us? Nathanael runs toward him; grabbing his collar. Please, Mr Reaper. You can take me instead; but just not her. Are you waiting for her to die so that you can take us both at the same time?

No. the reaper answered coldly.

Then what? Please, tell me. Spare her life.

I'm here for your soul; not hers.

A smile appeared on his face yet full of sadness. That's a relief! That's good then. She had to get married and make a family of her own. She has to. He laid his eyes once more on his lover, still facing the gallows of death.

But why she's still not stable? Nathanael questioned the reaper in front of him.

Because you're still here. See that red string on your little finger? I have to cut that off. That's the connection between the two of you. It's a symbol that you are her soul mate.

But if I'm her soul mate, does that mean she'll be alone?

You're just her soul mate not the one who's destined for her. If that red string is in your ring finger then you'll grow old with her and this thing won't happen.

The lad coughs, clearing his throat; trying to calm his self and prevent those tears from falling that is now forming in his eyes. Then please do—

Leo! then his death scythe appeared; grabbing it tightly in his hand. With his full strength, he cut off the string that connects him and that girl Bea.

Doc! The patient is starting to get better.

That's good! Continue giving her a CPR. Check for the supply of blood. The patient loss too much of it.

A beam on his lips appears as the girl he loves was now getting stable. He shut his eyes for a minute then glance at the reaper. You know, Mr Reaper, I don't believe that death can stop the love Bea and I have. I'll wait for her. And in heaven, I'll be his man again.

She'll forget about you eventually. Wyji added.

If that's what it takes to make her live, I'm fine with it. I'm ready to go.

Without further ado, the reaper penetrates the pointed-part of his scythe on Nathanael's chest. In his chest, a series of his memories showed up in a cinematographic film form. Starting from the day he was born up to this day that he was dying--- the day he died. And that's what reapers called— cinematic memories. However, this is what mortals called the flashbacks of memories when they're on the verge of dying; a quick glimpse of mortal's short life.

Goodbye, Bea. See you in afterlife, love.

His last words left a strong pang on Wyji's chest. He's just like him from before. He sees himself on Nathanael's shoes. It's like watching what happened to him in a different body.

May what you have said come true. Rest in peace.

 

———————

 

What just happened leaves a great impact on the soul-taker's thought. He is now in the mood to walk on his way home; trying to make himself feel better. He was out of his mind; his brain is so blank that he cannot hear what's happening around him. But all those worries wash away when a sweet voice called her name. It was her.

Wyji!! Hey— Auie is running to him, smiling yet awkwardly. The reaper is just looking at her; emotionless.

About what happ— the lass just felt Wyji's arms surrounding her when she's finally facing him; hugging her tight. Something happened? Are you okay? Auie asked, her worries can be felt on her voice.

No— I'm not. I'm never okay. Wyji's embrace get even more tightly. Let's stay like this. Just five minutes. the reaper buried his face on Auie's neck; and Auie just hug her back tighter than Wyji's.

Shhh— you'll be fine. I'm here