//Chapter V

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i]

❝— to see her die again triggered my deepest fear;
I want you to stay close, please stay near.
If I could just be with you all this time;
Why is it loving you seems like a crime?❞

[† W y j i: Alluca]

|ALLUCA: When light and darkness collide.|

— London, England
— 18th century

After using the forbidden chant, Wyji was summoned by the Death Royalties. It was a chant that extends the life of a mortal who is about to die. Death Gods are allowed to use it to a mortal for only once but because it was abused, especially to those reapers who fell in love with a human, it is now forbidden. This chant is effective, if and only if, that reaper is the one who is assigned to take that human's soul.

❝You must now know why we summoned you here, Wyji.❞ His majesty, Xic, questioned the reaper with full of authority. He is the King of all the Death Gods who is serving under the shadow of all the Superior Gods and Goddesses. ❝—do you know the consequences of using that chant?❞

The lad bow down his head before answering his King. ❝Yes, your majesty.❞

❝Very well. Then why? By any chance, did you fell in love with this human girl?❞

❝I did not, your majesty. I just saw something in her and I thought that she can still do something worthy in her life.❞ Wyji exclaimed, explaining why he saved that girl named Alluca. ❝You told us to do and choose what we think is right. And by saving her, I think I made the right choice.❞

Silence filled the whole room.

❝Hmm—❞ Xic nods his head, satisfied with his answer. ❝If that's so, then you're free to go.❞

❝Thank you, your majesty.❞ Wyji bow his head again before turning back. But before he could finally leave, his majesty said something again, which made him paused for a while.

❝Destiny is testing you, my child. And I, myself can't do nothing to change it.❞

❝Goodbye, your majesty.❞ And then he disappeared, confused by what his King told him.

-------------

❝Eh?❞ After teleporting, Wyji finds his self in a park. ❝Why am I here?❞ That's when he realized that it is the effect of using the forbidden chant. He cannot use his powers properly, that he doesn't know until when.

Children playing tags and people chit-chatting surround him, birds chirping and the breeze of the air that calms him for a while.

And there she goes— that girl, Alluca. Shining brighter than the sun, with her long wavy hair, smile that can melt his heart while holding a flower with a girl, who looks like a nurse, accompanying her walking towards him.

"What to do?" He mentally asked himself. "Ah yeah-- she can't see me."

Wyji moved aside as the young Alluca is now in front of her. Alluca is confused for she can clearly see him, everyone can see him. A weird expression plastered on Wyji's face. A what-the-heck-she-can-see-me expression.

❝Y-You're that guy right? You're the one who saved me. I can never forget that face.❞ Alluca said as she smiles from ear to ear.

❝H-Huh? I'm not----❞ Before Wyji can finish talking, Alluca grabbed his right hand and run fast as she could. The girl who's with Alluca shouted her name and tries to chase them.

❝Miss Allucaaaaa! Don't go!❞

Wyji and Alluca hides behind the bush, trying to escape her maid, Alluca giggles. ❝That was fun.❞ She said.

The reaper could not believe on what is happening. It was so sudden; his heart is beating so fast. He doesn't know if he is just nervous or if he is just tired because of the long run he did with this girl. And what bothers him is he can't take her eyes away from her face. He can't get tired looking at this face.

And then Alluca reaches for his face, caressing his cheeks, making him shocked, but could not complain about it. He loved the warmth he's now having. He loves the warmth of her hands. It was like--- what they called, happiness.

❝Thank you. Thank you forcoming to my life.❞ said Alluca, who gives himthe brightest smile he could ever have.