//Chapter IV

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i]

❝—so that's how he find his self in the middle of the dark;
walking alone, taking the path he shouldn't have taken.

his already dead soul is like facing the death for the second time;
why? the same question he's been asking to himself.

I'm begging you, please---
this time, don't do this.❞

[† W y j i: Payback]

DEATH ROYALTIES— the hierarchies of the underworld, they're the ones who sets the rules which all the Death God should obey— a rule that once you disregard, there's a punishment you should pay back. And that's the reason why, Wyji, was here having a counselling with them, cause the news about him helping and meddling with humans' lives reached their ears.

❝So tell us young man, why did you do it? This is not the first time.❞ A voice coming from behind the curtain echoed around the room. This large room is surrounded with golds and diamonds, lots of paintings and detailed furniture, not that creepy dark room you're thinking, with only candles as their lights, well, that's wrong.

❝I-I honestly don't know.❞ The reaper is now looking down on his feet, clenching his fist. He was standing inside a magic circle, cautiously thinking of everything that he will and should do.

❝We can understand the very first time you did it but this is no good. You should know this better because this is one of the rules. We, shouldn't meddle with mortal lives.❞

❝Your majesty, no one sees me.❞ Wyji took the courage to speak. ❝I just want to save few lives.❞ The reaper said softly.

❝Enough! You're a reaper. And reaper's job is to take souls and accompany them to their rightful places. And besides, you once used the forbidden chant, Wyji. You're one of the most promising reapers over the past centuries but I'm really disappointed. Forgive me, my child, for doing this but you have to pay the price of disobeying us.❞ And with just a single word, the magic circle that surround Wyji illuminate more.

❝Pain.❞

His knees cannot take the pain; Wyji fell down on his knees while groaning with so much pain. It was like tearing his whole body. He wants it to stop.

❝Arggggh-----❞ After a few minutes of pain, it did stop. Leaving him lying on the floor, coughing.

❝You should stop this; I don't want to see you suffering again.❞

Wyji did not answer; he remained silent while trying to stand up. ❝I shall go now, your majesty.❞

Taking a few steps, Wyji disappeared, using teleportation, he went home to his manor. ❝Please do forgive me as well, for I will not stop and search for that girl named, Auie. She holds something that I should know.❞