//Chapter X

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i: CAPITULO D I E S]

— Seoul, South Korea

— Present time

Cold was the night; the reaper is now comfortably sitting on his favorite chair facing the window; enjoying the breeze of the air that gently caressing his face.

Leo. said Wyji as his necklace turns into a death scythe.

Master--- Master--- Master! The skull at the top of the scythe excitedly called his owner. It's been a while since the last time you called me.

How many times do I have to tell you that calling me once is enough.

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. the scythe has this habit of repeating itself for three times that irritates Wyji a lot; one of the reasons why he doesn't call him that much.

The Death God just leaned his back on his chair; looking at his scythe seriously. Locate where Huos at.

After what he said, Leo was now surrounded by a white fire, emitting a light that envelopes the reaper's room. Master Huos is currently on his mission-- mission-- mission.

Where is he? Is he still in— England?

No master. Master Huos is now currently assigned somewhere near this country. Do you want Leo to call him?

Wyji just shook his head, thinking if he should tell Huos about Auie. No. Thank you, Leo. You can now rest.

And by that, Leo returned into a necklace; and the reaper doesn't know what to do. He wants to clear his mind; clear his mind with the thought of Auie.

————————————————

Ahhhhh! I have classes again! I'm so lazy! Auie kicked the stone on the ground as she walks on her way to school. She was looking down until she saw a pair of shoes in front of her way.

Ehem---- upon raising her head, a man wearing a poker face is waiting for her at the same spot where she saw him. You're late.

Wow! Wyji! Are you sure you're not my stalker?

You're not worth stalking. Excuse me.

Hah! Ah! I see. Since I'm a pretty girl, you find me so attractive. said Auie while pointing herself.

The soul-taker did not response; he left her and starts to walk away. The lass rolled her eyes heavenwards but still follows him; trying to catch him up.

You're such a killjoy! I am just kidding.

Wyji didn't reply. He's just walking as if Auie is nothing but an air; an invisible living creature.

Hmm-- why are you standing there alone? the lass blurted out.

Nothing.

Do you love to watch horror movies?

No.

Are you afraid of ghosts?

No.

Are you waiting for someone?

The reaper hates it when someone asks him a lot. It annoys him but then he still answered Auie. No.

Then perhaps, are you waiting for me? Auie questioned him jokingly but then Wyji stops; grabbing her shoulders to make her face him.

Damn! Yes! I am waiting for you. And what the heck is wrong with me? I've been thinking about you. I can't get you out of my head.

Auie blinks her eyes; glancing at the reaper who is now astonished as well because of what he just said. They're both shocked; both don’t know what to say or what to do. Especially Wyji who said one of the most embarrassing things he had ever done.

Uhmmm--- Bye! See you at school. In just a blink of an eye, Auie disappears in front of Wyji. Her right hand is on her chest as she ran away as fast as she could. "Oh my god! What was that?"

Wyji almost wish for the ground to swallow him whole. Argh! Wyji! You're such an idiot!