//Chapter XII

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i: CAPITULO D O S E]

 

— Seoul, South Korea

— Present time

Uhm— Wyji? Auie taps Wyji's back gently they've been hugging each for a while now; making them the center of attraction whenever there are people crossing the street.

Snapping him out back to reality; the reaper moved a step back away from the lass. I'm sorry. I was too reckless to do that.

Oh no- I don't mind it. Care to share what's wrong?

I just- remembered someone. I thought you were her. he said in monotone.

Someone so special to you? the lass coughs, asking as if it doesn't mind her at all; like she wasn't curious and dying to know who was that.

Yeah- my sister. You really looked like her; except for the hair. he lied. That's the best excuse he could ever think of to escape any further questions Auie might ask to him.

I see. a fainted smile appeared on her lips. I won't ask anymore 'cause it seems too private. she uttered while playing with her finger; too nervous to look at Wyji's eyes. And about what happened this morning, I think I have an idea now why you said that. I understand.

The reaper wants to say something but he can't think of any words; he just blankly looked at her and then nod afterward.

So yeah- I think I better go now, Wyji. Bye. disappointment can be seen on her eyes; she doesn't know why but she's quite sure that Wyji's not saying the truth. He's hiding something and she know, she'll be hurt to know the truth.

———————————————

Finally- welcome back to your humble abode. a familiar annoying voice welcomed Wyji as he enters the door and walks directly to the living room; sitting on the couch as he intertwines his both hands while resting his elbows on his legs; leaning his chin over. Huos- what happened to Alluca after that day? he asked without looking at his co-reaper's direction.

That I can't tell you my friend.

When did she died? How old is she when she died?

She was 85 years old when she died. Huos then sits beside him, That's all I can say.

These days, I've been thinking about her. And it feels like I'm falling down again in the pit of darkness together with its overwhelming sadness. Wyji's voice cracked; he can clearly tell that any time soon he will cry; and he's trying so hard not to.

Why? Something must have triggered you. It has been centuries, let go of her.

It's easier to say but more difficult to do. Huos-- I won't tell much just like what you did. You're still hiding something from me. You shall discover it by yourself.

Forgive me. But I've been ordered not to tell you everything; especially when it's about Alluca. I can just assure you that she lived with prosperity.

Then beside of that, what's the other reason you're here? I supposed you can tell that to me?

Indeed. I've been searching for a cursed nymph around this area. It is really hard to look for her. Really. She's just too amazing when it comes on hiding. Huos brushes his hair using his fingers; it was so obvious that this mission is so difficult for him.

What with her? Wyji fixed himself as he properly sits on the couch; waiting for his friend's response.

That cursed nymph stoles human eyes thinking that she will gain the golden eyes she once have. Once that nymph shows interest to a mortal's eyes; she will get it no matter what; regardless if the method is fatal or not.

I see. Then let me help you. We better find this nymph before he victimize more mortal.