//Chapter III

Wyji: Death's Kiss

|It was like the same light but different warmth.|

— April, 20xx |Present time|
— Seoul, South Korea

The Death God is now on his way to meet this girl who looks like Alluca. He was nervous, so anxious that he feels like dying even though he cannot die. He was laughing mentally because of this thought. I wish I could die, he said in his mind.

❝Come on, Wyji. Don't be such a scaredy-cat. She's not Alluca.❞ He softly slaps his cheeks, cheering for himself while still walking, slowly closing the distance between that so called girl.

❝Auie! Wait for us!❞ A group of high school students was about to approach his way. Then that's where he saw her. That girl whose name is Auie. He was so caught up for a moment that he can't take off of his eyes on her. His world suddenly stops and all he sees is this girl shining so bright like the sun, wearing those wide smiles and those shimmering eyes that he felt like drowning inside. For a moment he forgot that this girl is going to die.

It was like everything was in a slow motion when he and that girl Auie crossed each other's path. He was left dumbfounded while still standing at the same spot, lips slightly apart.

❝Impossible.❞ He whispered. She really looks like her except for she has a very straight dark hair and a healthy body but in all she has the same pale-white skin, same pair of crimson blood red lips, and those eyes that captures him, she really looks like Alluca.

Reincarnation? He asked himself. Is it really possible that she is Alluca's reincarnation? It may be.

Wyji turns around and looks where that girl Auie is, and then reality hits him. That girl was about to die. He looks for the card and read what's in it.

❝Auie Park. 19. Cause of death: Car accident.❞ He gave his watch a quick look as the time of her death was closely approaching.

———————————

Auie, a happy-go-lucky girl, currently in her senior year was now walking down the street on her way home. While walking, she saw a man walking towards them. He was so tall, with his hair fixed well; looking like a model because of the clothes he was wearing caught her attention. She was really thinking on where she saw this guy but nothing came up on her mind. She ignored the thought and passed through him.

❝Oh—❞ Auie saw an old lady crossing the street. Being a kind girl she is, she helped her. ❝Excuse me?❞ She smiled at the lady. ❝Mind if I help you?❞

❝Thank you, young girl.❞ The old lady gave her hand while Auie is now accompanying her to get on the other side of the street.

❝BEEEEP! BEEEEEP!!❞ A truck that seems to lost its control is now on his way to hit Auie and the old lady. Auie pushes the old lady, sacrificing herself, she aggressively closes her eyes; all the moments with his family and friends slips through her mind.

❝AUIIEEEEEE!❞ Her friends shouted for her name, everyone's so shocked that most of them screamed.

❝Is this the part where I'm going to die?❞ The young girl was waiting for the truck to hit her- but none.

Little did she know, Wyji swiftly runs towards her, wrapping her with both of his arms; she slowly opened her eyes, and a face of a man breathing so fast is now holding her back from falling. She can't see it clearly because of the sun light striking on the man's face but with the right angle, it was the man she saw earlier.

She doesn't know what to say. How did he do that? Magic? How?

❝The old lady?❞ She asked worriedly. Auie did not think of herself first, she was more worried about the old lady she was holding a while ago.

❝She was fine. You saved her.❞ The man is looking at her eyes, intensely. It was like his gaze is devouring her whole soul but she can't look away. ❝Please, be more careful.❞

Upon hearing this, she fell asleep. She woke up in the hospital still wondering what really happened. The old lady was fine and is very thankful for saving her. She asked her friends about this tall man who saved her from the cliff of death but they say no one saw him or knew him.

Who could he be? The lass thought to herself.

Is he human?