Panicked Suspicions

Keepers

What the hell was with that wind?” The owner of the house said. One of the best abilities of keepers, is that they cannot be seen by regular people without their consent. Usually a person would feel a cold wind or if they were gifted, possibly sense something. However, keepers can never be seen by the eyes of humans.

 

Although this ability is important and powerful to the keepers, it is one of the reasons why they were so feared. The ability to be invisible to humans, meant that if used wrong, they could easily cause trouble. Due to the enormous power difference between a keeper and human, they began to be hunted by the humans in an attempt to wipe out the keepers. Children and adults were raised to not only fear keepers, but also to hate and hunt them as if they were beasts. Many children grew up learning special methods on how to protect themselves and fight against different types of keepers. Becoming a well known hunter came with many benefits and was a way to make their families proud.

 

There was no real reason for the keepers to be hunted. Sure, there were keepers in the past that abused their powers, however, it was no different from what the hunters were currently doing. Many innocent lives had been taken just for the sake of it.

 

The owner of the house shivered before quickly closing the door. As he turned, the others scrambled out of the way. Even though they can’t be seen, they can still be felt. Meaning it was very likely that they could be found out if they were not careful. He passed the group with no reaction and headed back in the direction of the lounge room. He quietly sat down and continued to watch his favourite program, completely unaware of the current situation.

 

After making sure the owner had settled, the group picked shownu up off the floor and dragged him into the lounge room out of the way. Shownu had passed out the moment they had entered the house due to the blood lose. Within seconds of laying him down in the lounge room, Wonho grabbed his shirt and ripped it open in order to get a clear look at the wound.

 

“Jooheon, It’s too deep! He's gonna die!” Minhyuk panicked, with tears streaming down his cheeks. Minhyuk wasn’t one to cry often, In fact, he was usually the most playful and loudest one in the group. He always goofed around and didn’t really take anything too seriously. However, Shownu and him shared a special relationship. Anytime shownu was injured, sick or got angry with minhyuk, Minhyuk would always sulk or get quiet and upset.

 

“Shut up and stop sobbing would you? It’s not pretty! Plus, I won’t let him” Jooheon snapped after shoving wonho out of the way. Before joining the group. Jooheon was a medical student. He didn’t get too far into his studies, but he knew his way around a wound. After all, he had tons of experience treating fellow keepers.

 

“Are you ok here? I’m going to take a look” Wonho whispered, seeking insurance from jooheon. Jooheon responded with a slight nod as he focused on stopping Shownu’s bleeding.  Wonho nodded his head to Hyungwon, signalling for him to come along  and investigate the house.

 

For once Wonho was curious as to where he was. The wave of aura he had felt when opening the door was new. Although it disappeared as soon as they entered the house, it was as if it was pure and fresh, something wonho had never came across before. Not only that, there were also no seals or prevention items activated in the house at the current moment.

 

After a quick, but thorough investigation of the house, Hyungwon and Wonho returned back to the group.

 

“Did you find anything?” Kihyun asked while focusing on on assisting Jooheon.

 

“Not really, the only thing suspicious is that huge bow in the lounge room.”

 

Everyone stopped for the moment and stared at the bow. It was indeed big, but it was strangely unique. It was displayed in a way that it could be grabbed and used at any moment if needed, however, there were no arrows anywhere in the house.

 

The bow was large and made of a blue crystal. It looked magical… But that wasn't a good thing. Usually weapons like those were only possessed by two types of people. Either a Keeper...or a hunter.

 

“I’m not a 100% sure, but he could possibly be a hunter” Wonho whispered. The groups eyes once again locked onto the owner, watching him silently. He was currently watching a show on TV while lying on the couch, literally a meter away from them.

 

“Wonho, I need some patches and Disinfectant” Jooheon asked. He was still treating shownu. They had gotten the bullet out, but still needed to patch the actual wound.

 

“God, How am i suppose to find that?” Wonho groaned before standing up and heading to the kitchen. He started to look through all the cupboards frustratingly.

 

“Where the hell does this kid keep his first aid box?” Wonho snapped. Suddenly, the owner stood up. The groups eyes filled with panic, thinking that wonho had caused too much noise. They all watched as the owner stumbled into the kitchen. He walked straight up to Wonho, who was both panicked and ready to attack if needed. The owner stopped inches away from his face, to the point where wonho could feel his breath on his cheek.