Knock Back

Keepers

Wonho and Kihyun spent the next ten minutes explaining the situation to Shownu and what had happened. They explained everything up until the current point in time. They explained how Changkyun had been pretending to not be able to see him and even how the hunters had come and the wisp branch died. Shownu was starting to understand the situation slowly.

“So…Why do we need to leave then?” Shownu asked curiously. Wonho
paused and everyone shared glances before staring at Hyungwon. As if it was a
common occurrence Shownu knew straight away that Hyungwon had caused some sort
of scene. He nodded as if to say that he understood. Throughout his explanation
Minhyuk had been attached to Shownu’s side. He was both relieved that shownu
was awake and moving, but he was also still sorry for causing the injury in the
first place.

“why don’t you sit down and rest a bit more while we pack?”
Minhyuk said, nudging him in the direction of the couch. Shownu didn’t say
anything and simply smirked at the boy. He reached out and patted the top of
his head.

“I’m completely fine now. Don’t you worry anymore, it wasn’t your
fault” he said softly, relieving some of the guilt from Minhyuk. Now that they
thought about it, it was weird how Shownu suddenly woke up. Shownu was quite
strong and could heal rather fast, after all he was a wolf. But he was still
shot by a hunters bullet. Regardless of what sort of keeper it was, it
should’ve taken him a lot longer to heal. Yet shownu showed no sign of pain.

“How is your wound holding up?”

Shownu smirked. “I’m fine”. He lifted up his shirt to reveal a
faint marking from where he had been shot. It looked as though the wound had
already healed and scarred. Minhyuks was suspicious at shownu. He did have a
fast healing rate, but it would’ve at least taken a few more days to heal fully.

Shownu didn’t say anything and instead walked towards. Changkyun.

“You guys know he's a keeper right?” Shownu asked. Minhyuk
raised an eyebrow at shownu’s question. As it was obvious that they knew, after
all they did literally just explained it to the main.

“yeah?” Minhyuk said confused.

“Well I think he had something to do with it” Shownu said, placing his hand against Changkyuns forehead to wipe away some of the sweat. Changkyun moved slightly as he began to wake up. He was still completely covered in sweat and was white as a ghost. It had been about an hour since he had passed out. Everyone watched the frail boy as he looked around the room. Although he was awake, he was definitely still zoned out. Even if they tried to hide it, it was clear that everyone was concerned about the boy. Even Hyungwon who had caused the incident in the first place.

“You feeling alright?” Jooheon asked? Changkyun tried to sit himself up weakly and nodded slightly. Although he had nodded, everyone could clearly tell that he was in a bad shape. Although keepers were superior to humans in every way. It didn’t come without it’s disadvantages. Keepers also had a lot of weaknesses. One of them being a knock back. Knock backs happen when a keeper uses either too much of their power, or lose control of their power. Know backs typically affected the health of the keeper and could cause all sorts of issues such as fainting, a temporary loss of power and much more.

Judging from Changkyuns condition it was quite clear that he was experiencing some sort of knock back from his power surge earlier. Changkyun was extremely weak and although he was awake and sitting up, he was hunched over and not really aware of what was going on.

Kihyun went over and sat down beside him on the bed. Although Changkyun wasn’t really in any shape to make serious decisions, they still needed to explain that they were leaving and that he probably should too. His sudden surge of power would definitely attract the hunters and it would only be a matter of time before they found him. After all the hunters were still relatively close from their inspections earlier. They would for sure have someone in the area monitoring the place.

“Changkyun, we need to tell you something” he whispered softly, placing his hand on the boys back. “We have decided that we need to leave, it’s not safe here and we think we should go before it is too late…” Kihyun tried to explain the situation. As he continued to talk he noticed that Changkyun was simply not paying any attention.

“Hey Changkyun? Are you alright? He asked. Changkyun didn’t respond to him at all and instead just laid back down onto the bed. He didn’t say a word and just crawled into a ball. Kihyun lent over Changkyun so he could see the boys face. He placed his hand on his forehead and he knew instantly that something was wrong. He was cold. And not like just a little cold, it was like his whole body was freezing, yet he was still sweating. Kihyun brushed the boys hair out of his face and noticed his blue lips.

“HEY!” Kihyun gasped. His hands began to shake as he touched the boys cheeks, gently slapping them to try and get a reaction from the boy. “What the hell is going on?”. He was confused at the sudden change in the boys temperature. He knew that Changkyun was definitely experiencing some sort of Knock Back, but ever for one he had never seen something so severe. Something just wasn’t right, there had to be more to it. He was literally just having a high fever and then suddenly he is ice cold? It just didn’t make any sense. During Kihyun’s fit of panic, Jooheon had noticed something on Changkyun’s shirt. It stood out due to it’s bright red colour of his pastel shirt. He snuck closer while Kihyun was causing a commotion. He reached out and lightly touched the red area. He pulled back his hand and rubbed his fingers together, revealing a red liquid on his fingers. A light bulb went off in his head, he quickly reached for the boys shirt before roughly pulling it up, gaining attention of everyone in the room.

 

------------------------------------Author Note-------------------------------------------------

So life really got in the way of this story. But I have decided to continue it. I Started University and I am currently studying a bachelor in web design. It's a lot of work. I also had some life stuff happened. But welp, I'm back! Thanks for checking back in with this story :)