Madness

Keepers

“Now start explaining” Hyungwon threatened. His hands gripped the boys collar even tighter, almost enough to be considered “choking”. Changkyun attempted to break from Hyungwons death grip. He gripped tightly around the others wrists and tried to shake him off. Hyungwons grip wouldn’t budge, if anything, it didn’t seem to bother him one bit. His strength came from being a vampire, so it wasn’t really a surprise to Changkyun that it didn’t work, but it was worth a shot. Hyungwon was irritated in his useless escape attempt and gripped him even tighter before locking his eyes onto Changkyun. His eyes were cold and piercing like daggers.

Hyungwon had pretty much been annoyed ever since he found out that Changkyun had been able to seem them the whole time, but it was the first time that he had used his abilities as a vampire on Changkyun. As a result, his eyes hard turned a deep bright red for the first time. A vampires eyes are normally a deep red, the deeper the colour, the high class the vampire. Vampires usually disguised there eye colour with their power or contact lenses in order to hide themselves amongst humans to avoid hunters. However, when they experience strong emotions, in this case anger, their eyes typically reverted back to the original deep red. In other words…Hyungwons change in eye colour was a clear indicator that he was in fact really annoyed.

“WHAT THE HELL? LET HIM GO YOU DUMB , YOU’LL KILL HIM!” Jooheon growled, he genuinely feared for Changkyuns life. He had experienced Hyungwons wrath first hand one too many times. So he understood well that this was not going to end well. Jooheon wasted no time. He quickly got up off the floor and ran over to Hyungwon and grabbed him from behind. He too tried to force the boys hands down. Although he knew he couldn’t make Hyungwon let go by force, he could at least manage to lower the boys arms slightly so that Changkyun was no longer standing on his toes. His main aim was to stop Hyungwon from choking the poor kid to death.

“LET ME GO YOU BASTARD” Hungwon hissed. Hyungwon wasted no time in getting rid of Jooheons interruption. He turned quickly to face the boy, with one hand still gripping tightly around Changkyuns collar, he grabbed Jooheon by the shirt and flung him across the room. Jooheon crashed hardly against the wooden bookshelf on the other side of the room, causing everything to fall on top of him. Jooheon let out a pained gasp, followed by a series of coughs and wheezes. Kihyun raced over to assist jooheon who was struggling to get up off the floor. Both panic and anger flooded Kihyuns mind in regards to Hyungwons actions. Although he wanted to fight back and argue, he knew all to well that as a human, there was simply nothing he could do.

For a slight moment, Hyungwon startled himself. He didn’t mean to send Jooheon flying, he simply didn’t want him interrupting. He was sorry for what he did, but he wanted…needed answers. He returned his focus onto Changkyun, once again gripping at his collar with both hands.

Kihyun glanced over to Wonho and Minhyuk to see what they were planning to do. If anyone had the ability to stop Hyungwon, it was those two. Although Minhyuk was weaker than Hyungwon, when Wonho was with him, the could easily come out of any fight. The two of them were propped up and looked like they were ready to jump in if anything serious happened. = Although it was rare for Hyungwon to get this angry, it wasn’t the first time. And from previous experience, whenever he did, it usually didn’t stop until either someone died or Hyungwon was knocked out.

Minhyuks face was clearly plagued with concern for both Jooheon and Changkyun. On the other hand, Wonho was still staring blankly. It was if he was waiting. Waiting for Changkyuns response. Waiting for some sort of reaction. Ever since they had arrived, it had just been strange. Why would Changkyun hide the fact that he was a keeper and pretend that he can’t see him? How exactly did he stop them from getting found out from the Hunters? It just didn’t seem to add up. They were all keepers, so why hide? Although Changkyun didn’t seem to be dangerous to be around, there were simply too many questions that needed answers…something Changkyun seemed to avoid. If threatening was the only way they were going to get any answers, so be it.

Hyungwons grip never got any looser. As time went by, he was growing more and more impatient at Changkyuns never ending silence. He had, had enough. Irritated, he lifted Changkyun even further in the air, his feet just barely touching the ground.

“let go!” Changkyun gasped as he struggled against Hyungwon. Changkyun could only just breath. He gripped helplessly at hyungwons wrists with pleading eyes, hoping that he would let him go or at least lower him once again.

Changkyun still refused to speak causing Hyungwon to finally snap. Hyungwons Eyes turned bright and his fangs began to show. He gripped changkyun tighter, using almost all his strength and jerked him forward, stepping him just centimetres away from his face. He shook him harshly, before threatening him one final time. “THEN ANSWER ME!” He growled.

Silence filled the room. The only thing to be heard were Changkyuns hard breaths as he gasped for air. To avoid from being strangled to death, Changkyun had been looking up to the ceiling which provided him with enough air to breath. As if he had suddenly passed out due to lack of oxygen, Changkyuns’ head dropped down. Hyungwon flinched as he was startled by the boys sudden reaction, causing Hyungwon to release his grip a bit. Allowing the boy to finally have both feet flat on the floor. Changkyun’s legs didn’t collapse, instead, he just stood there silently with his head down, not saying a word.

“He…Hey?” Hyungwon stuttered. His voice had a trace of panic in it. The sudden change of attitude in Changkyun had frightened him, thinking he had just choked the poor kid to death. Hyungwons face slowly grew less angry and started to fill with concern as time went on. He quickly looked over to Wonho who was also shocked. Hyungwons hands started to shake as he slowly released changkyuns collar. He instead reached out and placed his shaking hands onto the boys shoulder, trying to get a reaction. He bent down slightly and looked up, trying to catch a glimpse of the boys face. Out of nowhere, Changkyun reached for Hyungwons hands on his shoulder. He grabbed Hyungwons wrists and in an instant threw him over his shoulder.

Hyungwon slammed against the floor, smacking his head against the floorboards and winded by the force. He gripped his stomach in pain, gasping for air. Minhyuk and Wonho both rushed over to his aid. The whole group was shocked at how easily Changkyun had thrown him over his shoulder. A rush over cold air suddenly filled the room. It was if someone had opened the window on a winters night. Along with it the lights began to flicker furiously before one by one shattering. Showering the group with fragments of glass. A piece of glass slashed Changkyuns face and started to bleed.

Changkyun wiped away the blood from his wound and started at his hand. Before laughing to himself. Minhyuk shivered from his cold laugh. The group had no idea what was going on, but they sure as hell knew that changkyun was definitely not someone they should’ve provoked. Wonho picked Hyungwon up off the floor and quickly walked him over to the kitchen and dumped him on a chair at the kitchen table.

“Tell me something. Why…Why do I have to explain? Why do I have to be threatened. “ Changkyun smirked to himself before slowly reaching up and covering his face with his blood stained hand. As he covered his face, his markings slowly became visible once again. This time, they were more visible as if they were pure white. The Markings laced around his whole body. His hair also started to turn silver.

“You know something? You are all the same” Changkyun laughed as he suddenly dropped his hand away from his face. As he did, he revealed his eyes. They had changed. His brown eyes, had changed to the pure gold from before, but this time it was as if you were staring into the sun. A gold dust lined his eyelashes.

“Hunters…Keepers…They’re all the same. You are truly no different”. Changkyun had sounded different when he spoked. It was if he was above them all, as if he wasn’t one of them. Wonho instantly sensed that something was off. The sudden change of personality was werid and it was if Changkyun had suddenely lost control. Wonho gathered the attention of the others in the room before making a signal. The others quickly prepared themselves to rush in to stop Changkyun. Wonho and Minhyuk grabbed ahold of Changkyun, while Jooheon quickly grabbed Shownu and rushed Kihyun out of the room.

Wonho and Minhyuk easily succeeded in grabbing the boy. Changkyun didn’t react in the slightest, instead, he smirked. It wasn’t the same as the one earlier. This time it was cold.

Changkyuns smirk quickly disappeared, leaving the boy blank faced. He stared down at wonho who was gripping him around his waist. He smiled gently, but his eyes were cold. It sent a wave of shiver down Wonho’s spine. That look, was clearly not gentle. It was just pure scary

Changkyun then began to raise both of his arms, along with him, the shattered glass that had been scattered around the room from the bursting lights started to also rise. He suddenly let out a Hysterical laugh. The shards of glass started to surround the boy while spinning slightly.

“Umm….Wonho” Minhyuk stuttered, pointing out the glass. It was clear that changkyun didn’t really have any plans of stopping the glass gently. Minhyuk gulped with a bead of sweat running down his kneck.

“Minhyuk”

“Yeah?”

“Run” Wonho smiled. Before quickly letting go of changkyun. Minhyuk wasted no time in doing the same. The two of them quickly fled to the kitchen. On their way, they dragged the members one by one before pulling them down behind the kitchen counter. As they did, within a matter of seconds, Changkyun sent the glass flying in their direction with a flick of a finger. The glass pierced through the counter and shattered everything in its path.

The members all huddled together with Wonho shielding them in case any fragments dropped on them from above. After the rain of glass ceased, then room fell quiet. The members stayed huddled together before realising that there was no noise. Just as they were starting to think it was over, changkyun started walking in their direction. The sound of glass crunching under his feet with each step he took. Once he had reached the counter, he had finally stopped.

"How do you like it” Changkyun whispered. It was soft, but everyone head him loud and clear. There was a tinge of sadness in his voice as he said those words. Everyone sat in silece, unsure as to what changkyun was going to do next. They looked at eachother trying to figure out what they should do. Jooheon slowly peaked his head over the counter to sneak a look, checking what Changkyun was up to. As he did so, Changkyun fell to the floor with a loud crash, landing on the fragments of glass that he had thrown earlier.

“Changkyun?!” Jooheon yelled, startled. He quickly forgot about what had just happened and jumped over the counter to check on the boy who was suddenly laying motionless on the ground. Jooheon placed his hand on the boys back to check whether he was still breathing. The others crawled out from behind the counter curiously to see what was going on.

“What the hell was that?” Hyungwon questioned. Just like everyone else he too was shocked at the situation. He new Changkyun was a keeper, but really didn’t think that he would suddenly over power him like he did earlier. Everyone quickly turned to stare at him with a “are you frigging serious?!” face.

“Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you? His just a kid for gods sake!” Kihyun scolded. Hyungwon scoffed in amazement.

“Just a kid? Really? After all that you think this bastard is ‘just a kid?’”.

Kihyun was getting more and more angry with Hyungwon. He bit his tounge and simply glared at him, not wanting to waste any more time. He rolled his eyes before storming off to check on Changkyun himself. Changkyun had clearly passed out. He was breathing heavily and sweat drenched his face, it was clear that he was in some sort of pain. Kihyun squatted down beside him before gently rolling the boy over to reveal a ripped and blood stained shirt. Kihyun gasped in shock, which gained the attention of everyone.

He instantly started to look over Changkyuns body for more wounds.

“Wonho” Kihyun said. Kihyun didn’t even have to ask wonho before wonho quickly walked over and gently lifted the boy off the floor, carrying him to the bedroom. A parade of people followed him into the bedroom to watch. Wonho gently laid him down on the bed before Kihyun started to take of his shirt. He started to lift the boys shirt to see the wounds better before suddenly freezing. He stared at the boy, frozen with a blank face.

“Out” He mumbled?

"What?” Jooheon asked.

“Out. Everyone get out now!” He yelled. He let the boys shirt go and quickly rushed over to the group of gawking boys in the door way, before slamming it closed I ntheir faces, locking the door in the process. The group outside were left confused. Now there was only Wonho, Changkyun and

“What’s wrong?” Wonho asked, he too was confused at Kihyuns reaction.

Kihyun didn’t say a word. He quietly walked back over to Changkyun and continued to take off his shirt. He lifted the boys shirt off, revealing his bare chest. Wonhos eyes grew wide in disbelief.

His wound had disappeared.

No…Not fully, there were multiple slashes on his skin as if he had been cut, but there were no wounds deep enough to cause that much bleeding. His shirt was clearly torn all over from where the glass had slashed him and that amount of blood clearly indicated he had deep wounds. He had recovered. A similar way to a vampire, he had recovered.

“What, but his not one of us!? What the hell is he?” Wonho unknowingly asked. There were only 2 types of keepers with such high regeneration rates. One of them were the Vampires, the other was…

Kihyun then looked at Wonho with a serious face. “That’s not the problem” He said. Before turning the boy over onto his stomach to reveal his back.

Kihyun stared straight into wonhos eyes.

"His a Nymph”

 

 

 

Welp! Mega chapter as promised. I finally got this out of the way so i can move on! I'll go in more depth about Changkyuns abilities later. But the next chapters will still have a bit more action before somefluff. Also Shownu will come in soon ~~ His healing just fine!