Decisions

Keepers

Jooheon ripped up Changkyuns shirt revealing a bloodied torso. He was bleeding and bad, it was as if….as if he was shot.

“Wait, WHAT!” Jooheon yelled confused at how the boy had gotten such a bad wound. Sure he had released his powers before but he hadn’t been injured in any way. Jooheon rushed into action and grabbed part of the blanket and pushed down on the wound. Kihyun quickly shot up and raced to the kitchen to look for some first aid supplies. Luckily for them, he knew exactly where it was from when shownu was injured.

On his way he grabbed a couple of bottles of water. Kihyun rushed over to Changkyun before pouring the bottles of water over his torso. He needed to see what exactly was going on. Kihyun was also confused over the wound. Maybe he received it when all the glass shattered, but surely they would have noticed. During the rush everyone had somehow managed to end up in the boys room surrounding the bed. Kihyun started to work on the wound.

Once he had cleared away as much of the blood as he could, he started to get the tweezers and patches ready. Upon closer inspection he was shocked. It wasn’t from a cut, it was more like a bullet. Minhyuk managed to get a glimpse of the wound and was shocked at just how bad it actually was. He glanced over at Shownu while he thought and tried to recall everything that had happened. As if a light bulb went off in his head, Minhyuk rushed over to shownu and pulled up his shirt.

“You’re kidding me” Minhyuk uttered. Confusion and shock plastered his face. Shownu’s wound…it was healed. No…that wasn’t right. It was more like it never existed in the first place. No matter how fast the body could heal, there would always be a scar. But it was as if it never happened. There was no mark, no bruise…nothing. Minhyuk put his thoughts together and realised. Changkyun hadn’t just had a burst of power, but he had also healed Shownu. No to be more exact he had taken Shownu’s wound for himself.

Everyone was confused at why Minhyuk had just been staring at shownu’s abs. Well that’s what everyone had thought anyways. Kinhyun and Jooheon were too occupied with trying to fix Changkyuns wounds and the others were pretty much used to it, they just thought it was a weird time to be looking.

“Guys…I think I know what happened” Minhyuk stuttered still in disbelief.

“Yeah? And what’s that?” Kihyun asked while still focusing on Changkyun.

“I think he healed shownu...”

Everyone turned around to look at shownu. Minhyuk stepped out of the way, still holding up the others shirt. Wonho looked shownu up and down before looking back at Changkyun. Surely enough Changkyuns wound was in the exact same place.

“I guess it’s true” Wonho said.

“What’s true?” Minhyuk asked furrowing his brow, confused at Wonho. According to Wonho, there was a legend about Nymphs that had a rare ability. They had to the ability to heal or “Steal” wounds. Nymphs were extremely powerful, but their magic tier purely depended on the rank of the Nymph. Obviously the more pure blooded, the better the skill.

Everyone sort of got the gist of it from Wonho’s explanation. By the time everyone had figured out what was going on, Kihyun and Jooheon had managed to get Changkyun stitched up and controlled the bleeding.

“Now that that’s done, let’s start getting ready again” Hyungwon said from a distance. He hadn’t really been active in any part of the conversation, because surely enough he had still felt guilty from causing the incident in the first place. Changkyuns words seemed to have struck a nerve, causing Hyungwon to go practically silent on the others. He had watched in the distance and pretended that he didn’t care, but deep down he felt really bad.

Wonho stood still for a while deciding if leaving was truly the best idea. They needed to go, that was certain. But now knowing that Changkyun was in this state because he had healed one of their own, he couldn’t just carelessly leave him behind to fend for himself.

Shownu had been pretty quiet over the whole situation. Although he had woken up here and there he hadn’t actually spoken to Changkyun one on one. But he did know that it was due to Changkyun that his wound was healed. Shownu broke the silence.

“Let’s take him with us. Try waking him up”

Wonho looked Shownu straight in his eyes. The look in his eyes confirmed that he had already made a decision and wouldn’t back down. Out of anyone here, Shownu had the biggest say. Not only was he the oldest, but he was also the reason that Changkyun was wounded. Well…sort of anyways.

Wonho nodded before commanding Kihyun to try and wake him.

“Try and wake him up, if you can’t, we are just going to have to take him” Wonho said. Kihyun gently tried nudging the boy. Luckily for them Changkyun hadn’t gone into a deep sleep. The pain was too much and although he had lost a lot of blood, he hadn’t passed out.

Changkyun grunted before opening his eyes. Kihyun looked at the boy with sympathetic eyes while gently brushing the boys hair out of his face.

“Changkyun, we need to ask you something ok? We need to know now to make sure we don’t get caught” He explained while talking softly. Changkyun looked at Kihyun and then around the room to try and get an idea of what was going on.

“We need to leave. Because of the power burst it wont be long before the hunters find us. We were going to leave while you were passed out. But we don’t think we can do that now. We want to know if you want to come with us? If you stay here you will probably be found out and we don’t know if you can protect yourself in that state” Kihyun paused for second. He didn’t want to overload the boy. He took in a deep breath before explaining the rest.

“We actually need to tell you something. We are all part of a group called the Blue Rose. We usually go around and try to find keepers who have no where to go. We were in the middle of a mission last time when Shownu got injured. We had to abort because of his injury, then we ran into you while we were on the run.” Kihyun took another deep sigh. He found it extremely hard to explain themselves to Changkyun who was now practically shot because of them. If they had been honest from the start maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Kihyun began to choke up before Wonho decided to step in.

“Basically we are asking if you want to come with us. If you come with us we can protect you while you get better. You can even stay with us after that if you want. There are many other keepers that all live together in a safe place. We can’t stay much longer so we need to know now.” He explained. His tone was rough but it was simply because they were running out of time.

Changkyun took a deep breath before placing his hand over his eyes. He closed his eyes and thought over his choses. If he went with them he would be leaving the life he had created. His security would disappear and the hunters would surely catch on that he was in fact a keeper. On the other hand he would be in a safe place with other keepers. But could they really be trusted, they hadn’t exactly told Changkyun what they were doing up until this point, so there was obviously a lot more secrets being kept from him. After a while Changkyun had made a decision.

“I will go”