Nymphs

Keepers

"His a Nymph"

 

The words echoed in the now silent room. Wonho starred blankly at the Changkyun's back. Despite the evidence in front of him, he just couldn't believe it. He already knew that Changkyun was a keeper, but a Nymph? Yeah right. He just couldn't accept it, yet it made all too much sense. That and the evidence was clearly in front of him. He starred at the intricate pattern that laced the boys back. It was if he had an extremely realistic tattoo of wings. There was no way Wonho could continue to deny it.

 

Wonho's mind was going crazy as he started to connect all the dots. His mind went back to the time that the Hunters were searching for them. The wisp branch suddenly loosing power right at that precise moment was too much of a coincidence. Not only that, the barrier that Changkyun had refused to tell them about was also adding more evidence. It would also explain why he hid his identity to begin with.

 

Nymph's were incredibly powerful keepers. To be more precise, they are one of the most powerful and rare forms of keepers. Nymph's were thought to be almost extinct and there were only a hand full of Nymph sightings in the past 100 years. Although most of them were rumours, the ones that were confirmed had since been captured or killed by keepers or hunters. Nymphs were known for their beauty and beautiful detail wings. A Nymphs power was typically determined by the colour and size of their wings. The more intricate, the higher the status.

 

Despite being extremely powerful creatures, Nymphs were hunted to the point of near extinction. A Nymph is similar to a fairy, but also very different. Of the two, Nymphs are superior in their abilities. Fairies are known for their advance control and use of elements. However, A fairy can only control one element which was typically the elements of earth, water or fire. A nymph on the other hand, has the ability to control a wide range of elements and can control more then one, depending on their status.

 

Their elemental abilities were not what made them so desirable though. It was due to their ability to heal. Nymphs were the only Keepers that existed that has the ability to heal wounds of others. Sure there were keepers that could heal themselves, but none had the ability to heal others.

 

Wonho's face was starting to wrinkle as he thought of all the things Changkyun had done for them. He had risked so much by just having them stay in his home. If Changkyun was indeed a Nymph, he had literally just risked his life to protect them despite knowing a single thing about them. To have been so close to hunters and even using his abilities secretly in front of them was a major risk.

 

Wonho sat down on the bed beside the boy. He examined the pattern on Changkyun's back more closely. He noticed the boys heavy breathing and beads of sweat that covered his back. Changkyun looked like he was in pain ever since he passed out. Judging from the fight earlier, they had come to the conclusion that he was yet to learn how to properly control his powers.

 

"Now what do we do? We can't just stay here, but we can't leave him..." Kihyun asked, breaking the heavy silence. Kihyun knew that the situation has now changed due to discovering Changkyun's identity. If they stayed, they risked having him discovered. At the same time, if they left, they wouldn't be able to protect him if they needed to.

 

Wonho let out a massive sigh and put his hands up to his temples, rubbing them in frustration. Although Changkyun had offered them his hospitality due to Shownu's condition, they couldn't just stay there. It was just too much of a risk for both parties. If the hunters were to return again, Changkyun wouldn't be able to protect himself, let alone stand up for the remained of the group.

 

Changkyun's condition wasn't getting any worse, but it also wasn't getting any better. One of the down falls of being such a powerful keeper, is that the knock back effect was also a lot stronger. A knockback is when the user can't control the power they contain, thus the body or mind can be injured as a result of out of control abilities. Kihyun and Wonho both watched the boy. His chest going up and down with panting breaths, with beads of sweat rolling down his neck and back.

 

Wonho finally decided to answer Kihyun.

 

"We need to leave" He decided. Although the words came from his mouth, his face looked as though he was against the idea.

 

"WHAT?!" Kihyun yelled, genuinely surprised at the response. "We can't just leave him here?!" Concern was plastered across the boys face. Kihyun had originally thought that Wonho would stay for a few days until the boy had woken up. But to leave so suddenly and to leave him in such a condition was not what he had in mind.

 

"We can't stay here. If we stay and the hunters come back, it's too much of a risk" Wonho calmly explained. He too was worried. He had no idea whether Changkyun's condition would get any better and how long it would take. But if the hunters came back, there was no way in hell that they wouldn't be found. Kihyun also knew this, yet he just couldn't shake the feeling that it was wrong.


Kihyun bent over, reaching for the sheet. He covered the boys back to hide the markings and then nodded towards Wonho. He didn't want to leave, but he knew that there wasn't much of a choice.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...I'm alive.

Anyways, this chapter was mainly to clear up what exactly a Nymph was. Honestly, it's basically a really powerful fairy or pixie. They are more powerful and elegant, but also stronger. I haven't written a full blown information chapter about them and Changkyun, as it will be revealed throughout chapters. 

 

Honestly I had no idea how to continue this story, which was one of the reasons for such a long break. I've got ideas and direction, so it's all up to me writing it now. I also had some issues irl to deal with! So sorry to everyone who was waiting for an update

 

~ Thank you ~