Hide & Seek

Keepers

“” Wonho cursed while running. The group had been running for a good 10 minutes with no rest. Everyone was starting to get tired, but the gap between them and the hunters wasn’t getting any smaller.

 

“We need to find somewhere to hide, there is no way in hell we are going to out run them” Kihyun panicked.

 

“Guys, Shownu is bleeding way too much, we need to stop now!” Minhyuk cried as tears continued to well up in his eyes.  Shownu was definitely in no condition to keep running and his wounds were opening up. He was barely supporting himself as it was and his bleeding was getting much worse.

 

Just earlier, the group had been trying to get into a club which was being investigated by the keepers for the selling of less fortunate keepers. It wasn’t unusual for a keeper to be sold as a slave, experimental reasons or for ion in the red light districts. The information that they had received was incorrect, that led to a series of unfortunate events. Thanks to the information, the group was discovered just after they had just entered the club, causing an uproar.

 

During the commotion, shownu had shielded Minhyuk from revealing his face to the hunters, which had also caused shownu to be shot in his side. Only half of the group had shown their faces to the hunters before. Wonho and Hyungwon were well known to the hunters for being an absolute pain in the and Shownu had only just recently shown his face. Kihyun, Minhyuk and Jooheon, were the only ones whose identities hadn’t been leaked.

 

They continued to run before turning down an alleyway in an attempt to conceal themselves in the darkness. Jooheon joined Minhyuk in helping hold shownu up. The wound was taking a serious toll on his body and they were running out of time.

 

“Wonho” Hyungwon said faintly, while gently tapping wonho on the shoulder. Wonho turned around, fully aware that the current situation was not good.


“I know” Wonho whispered, the frustration slowly starting to spread across his face. He turned and glimpsed at the others. They were running out of breath and panting heavily. Sweat was running down their faces. Minhyuk and jooheon were covered with Shownus blood. Shownu was barely able to stand, let alone run and his whole body had gone pure white.

 

The group took countless twists and turns down several alleys in an attempt to loose the hunters. But no matter how far they ran, they just could not shake off the hunters.

 

“Change of plan, we are going to hide” Wonho said, He too was starting to become out of breathe, something that was a rare site in itself. As they ran wonho, closed his eyes and started to use one of his abilities. While running, he began scanning the auras and movement of each building as they passed.

“Since when did every have a ing seal?!” Wonho hissed.

 

A seal was a device that could be installed by hunters in order to stop keepers from entering their homes. Since seals were so expensive, many companies developed seals that were not as expensive or effective… Many people believed that the seals would kill a keeper, however, they only truly affected lower level keepers and kept stronger keepers from moving. Usually the group would be able to hide their presence and enter a home even with a seal. But due to shownus condition, it probably would kill him in his current state.

 

They were finally able to get some space between them and the hunters. It seemed that the long chase was starting to take its toll on both parties. Although the gap was widening, the hunters were still close enough to be able to capture the group if they had stopped.

 

Wonho continued to focus on finding a place to hide. Suddenly a wave came across him, his  eyes shot opened.

 

“IN THERE!” He shouted, grabbing the arms of both Hyungwon and Kihyun, pulling them into the room suddenly. Jooheon and Minhyuk practically threw shownu inside of the room. The group crashed to the floor to catch their breath.

 

“What the hell was with that wind?” The owner of the house said.