Married to the Mob - Chapter 4

Married to the Mob

"Your owner here was kind enough to offer me shelter from the rain," Woohyun added.

"No need to call me owner," said the man.  "Just Sunggyu is fine."

Woohyun's smile beamed with a smile.  Truth be told, he already knew the older man's name when he found out about this bookshop but he had to feign ignorance since he would not be able to explain how he knew.

Woohyun sat waiting at a small table at the back of the shop, staring at the rain as it splattered against the window.  When he heard footsteps approaching, he glanced away from the window and saw Sunggyu walking slowly towards him with a cup of tea in each hand.  Seeing Sunggyu struggling without his walking stick, Woohyun immediately jumped up and ran over to help him.  He grabbed the tea cups from the older man and placed them on the table before grabbing onto Sunggyu's arm as if to support him.

"You should be careful," Woohyun almost scolded.

Sunggyu smiled.  "It's okay" he assured Woohyun.  "I'm not that frail and my leg isn't totally useless.  I can walk short distances without my cane." 

There was a pause then Sunggyu looked down at Woohyun's leg and found him standing perfectly fine on his supposedly sprained ankle.

"Your ankle..." Sunggyu began with a puzzled look.

Woohyun gasped at the realisation and wanted to smack himself across the head.  He was too concerned with Sunggyu's well being that he had forgotten his lie.  "It's fine now.  Well, I think I should get going," he said as he quickly headed for the door, passing by the front desk where Sungjong was still sleeping.

The moment he opened the front door and stepped outside, he was greeted with the sight of the pouring rain.  He let out a deep sigh as he prepared himself to be drenched.  At that moment, he felt a hand pull him back from behind.

"It's raining heavily, you'll get drenched," said Sunggyu, almost pleadingly.

Woohyun looked at those pleading eyes and could not help himself.  He turned around to face Sunggyu and stepped closer, invading the older man's personal space.  Sunggyu was taken aback by Woohyun's action.  Startled, he took a step back to create some distance between them but that didn't stop Woohyun.  The younger man took a another step forward until Sunggyu was pushed back through the door, inching closer and closer.  Woohyun's persistent action was starting to worry Sunggyu who was at a lost at what to do.

"Woohyun, what are you doing?" Sunggyu asked with worry.

Woohyun stared into the Sunggyu's eyes.  "I have a problem," he said.

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked.

"You," Woohyun replied.  "I think I like you."

Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise at Woohyun's words but before he could even react, Woohyun closed the gap between them.  He felt Woohyun's lips pressed against his own.  He was dumbfounded.  His body froze and his mind was blank.

"Ahem!"

The voice jolted the pair back to reality.  Woohyun finally pulled away from the kiss much to Sunggyu's relief.  It was only then that they realised Sungjong was staring at them from his desk.

"You guys need a room?" Sungjong asked with a stoic expression.

Sunggyu was lost for words while Woohyun smirked before walking out the door in the pouring rain.  Sunggyu was still recovering from what had just happened that he did not try to stop Woohyun this time.  It seemed he was lost in his own world as he raised a hand to touch his lips.


In a parked car outside the bookshop, a man watched as Woohyun walked away in the rain before he turned his attention back to the shop.  He took out his phone and made a call.

"I found him," he reported.  "What would you like us to do?"

"Treat him well," came the reply.

"Understood."

The man ended the call and stepped out of the car along with three other men.  They armed themselves with weapons and headed towards the bookshop.