Married to the Mob - Final

Married to the Mob

When Sungyeol arrived at the secluded residence and saw that the front door was wide open, he feared the worst.  He stepped inside and was immediately greeted with the sight of the fallen bodies of the three men who were supposed to guard this place.  He glanced about the place and saw two more bodies on the floor.  His eyes widened in horror as he rushed over to them.  One body was that of the man who had been in a coma for 15 years and the other was the man who took care of him and was the former right hand man of the Gyoha clan.

"Dongwoo!" he called out but he was too late.


Woohyun was awoken by the sound of his phone buzzing in his pocket.  He stirred and slowly opened his eyes to discover that he had fallen asleep beside Sunggyu, despite the fact that he was determined to stay awake and watch over the older man.  He could not even remember when he had dozed off or for how long.  He stared at Sunggyu's serene sleeping face, hoping that the older man would wake up soon until he heard remembered that his phone was still buzzing.

He glanced at his phone and frowned at the unknown number.  Wondering who it was, he decided to answer it.

"Boss, it's me," said the voice on the other line.

Woohyun was surprised that he recognised the voice.  "Sungyeol?  Why are you calling me from an unknown number?"

"Where are you?" Sungyeol asked, ignoring Woohyun's question.

"I'm at the hospital," Woohyun replied.

"Are you alright?" Sungyeol asked with worry.

"I'm fine but Sunggyu was badly wounded when he tried to protect me," Woohyun explained.  "I was ambushed by some masked men.  Do you know who they might be?"

There was a brief pause.  "You don't remember them?" Sungyeol asked, a little hesitant.

Woohyun frowned.  "Should I?"

"They're the Dragon Army," Sungyeol replied.  "They're dangerous.  Just stay put.  I'll come get you now.  There's something I have to tell you."

"I'm not leaving Sunggyu's side.  He's still unconscious.  I can't leave him like this.  After all, it's because of me that this happened to him," said Woohyun.  "Whatever you want to tell me can wait."

"It's important," Sungyeol insisted.  "It's about what happened 15 years ago.  The man who saved you was-"

The call disconnected abruptly.  Woohyun frowned, wondering what Sungyeol wanted to say.


Sungyeol turned around just as a blade came crashing down on him.  Though he managed to evade the blade, his attacker  followed through with continuous attacks.  In his current condition and unarmed, Sungyeol was no match for the masked figure whose sword was swift and relentless.  With a mighty , the masked figure plunged his sword through Sungyeol's chest.  Blood gushed out when the masked figure pulled his sword back.  Sungyeol dropped to his knees and fell but was surprised when a second masked figure appeared and caught him.

The second masked figure looked at the first masked figure.  "I thought I told you that I was going to deal with this," he said almost angrily.

The first masked figure shrugged.  "Just helping you out.  Since he's your type, I thought you might get soft," he said.  "Boss said to spare no one of the Gyoha clan."

"Our boss is a hypocrite," said the second masked figure.

Whilst the two figures were talking, Sungyeol reached out a hand and pulled the masked off the figure's face.  His eyes widened in surprised at the face that stared back at him.

"See?" said the first masked figure.  "You've let your guard down."

"So you're a member of the Dragon Army," said Sungyeol.  "What about the Yang clan?"

L let out a sigh.  Though Sungyeol had seen his face, they both knew that Sungyeol would not disclose his identity.  Sungyeol was bleeding profusely and was only barely managing to stay conscious.

"The Yang clan ceased to exist the day their young master crossed path with our boss.  Though he may look it, our boss is not a forgiving man," said L.  "The day we met was the day we wiped them out.  You caught us on the job and since you assumed that I was working for the Yang clan, I played along."

Sungyeol tried to process what he had just heard until it finally dawned on him.  I have to warn Woohyun, he thought.  He pushed L aside and tried to get away.  L did not resist, instead he watched as Sungyeol crawled towards the door with what little strength he had left.

The first masked figure followed, attempting to stop Sungyeol from escaping but L pulled him back. 

"Let him be," said L, knowing very well that Sungyeol would not get far.


Woohyun sat beside Sunggyu's bed, pondering Sungyeol's words.  What happened 15 years ago?  All he could remember was that he fell and someone had saved him.  For years he dreamt the same dream but he could never see the person's face until recently.  He saw Sunggyu's face.  Sunggyu was the one who had saved him.  Sunggyu...

Woohyun closed his eyes as a memory he had repressed for so slow finally swam to the surface of his mind.  He saw Sunggyu's face.  Sunggyu was looking at him with an angry look upon his face.  The next thing he saw was the sword in Sunggyu's hand as he struck it at him.  Someone had intervened, a masked man.  They fell.  When they landed, he looked down at the person who had saved him.  Their was blood everywhere.  He reached for the man's mask and slowly pulled it off.  The person who had saved him was not Sunggyu.

"No, that's not true," Woohyun cried as he shook his head in denial.  He was probably confused.  His mind was playing tricks on him.  "It's not true, it's not true, it's not true," he chanted, refusing to believe what he had just recalled but it was all coming back to him now.  He grabbed his head and his hands and shut his eyes, trying to block out the terrible truth.

"It's seems your memory has returned," spoke a voice.

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Woohyun jolted back to reality and opened his eyes.  He saw Sunggyu staring back at him with a distant look upon his face.

"It would have been better for you not to remember," said Sunggyu as he got out of bed and reached for his walking stick.  "That way, we could have continued this beautiful lie."

Those words cut into Woohyun's heart like a knife.  His tears threatened to spill but he gritted his teeth and held them back.  He looked at Sunggyu who seemed like a different person, so cold and distant.  Where was the kind man he fell in love with?  "The Dragon Head, leader of the Dragon Army is a heartless man."

Without a word, Sunggyu drew out the blade concealed in his walking stick as he approached Woohyun.  Woohyun knew what was coming, but he was too disheartened to do anything.  The man that he loved was long gone.  Woohyun closed his eyes and accepted his fate.  The last thing he felt was a sharp pain and then darkness.


He opened his eyes and stared up at the white ceiling.  Where was he?  He glanced about the room.  A hospital room.  The moment he tried to recall what had happened, his head began to hurt.  He raised a hand to touch his head and found that his head was wrapped in bandages. 

As he sat wondering what had happened, the door to his room opened and a man in a suit stepped in.

"Who are you?" he asked the stranger.

The man smiled at him and contemplated a moment.  "I'm your husband."

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hope you all managed to work out who's who and what was going on.

Thanks for reading.