Married to the Mob - Chapter 11

Married to the Mob

Sungjong had just woken up and was brushing his teeth when he heard the front door open.  He thought that it was unusual for Sunggyu to return so quickly since he knew that the older man would head straight to the bookshop after his morning routine at the park.  Curious, he walked out to the living room with his toothbrush in his hand and a mouth full of toothpaste.

"What's he doing here again?" Sungjong asked when he saw Woohyun stepping in the door with Sunggyu.

"Woohyun will be staying here for awhile," Sunggyu announced.

Sungjong glared at Woohyun who smiled back with a smug look on his face.  "What about your best friend?"

"It's inconvenient since he has a girlfriend," Woohyun replied.

"Where are you going to sleep?" Sungjong scoffed.  "I ain't sharing."

"The couch is fine for me," said Woohyun.

Noticing the tension between the two, Sunggyu decided to loosen up the atmosphere.

"Are you boys hungry?" Sunggyu asked.

"Starving," Woohyun replied with a grin on his face.

"I'll go make some breakfast," said Sunggyu, heading to the kitchen.  "Sungjong, go wash your face and come out for breakfast."

The moment Sunggyu disappeared into the kitchen, Sungjong confronted Woohyun.

"What is your game?" Sungjong asked, trying to keep his voice down.  He did not want Sunggyu to hear.

Woohyun frowned at him in confusion.  "What are you talking about?  I was kicked out of my apartment and Sunggyu was nice enough to let me stay here."

Sungjong glared at him in disgust.  "I heard your friends talking at the bookshop.  They were making bets to see how long before you got bored of your new husband."

Those idiots! Woohyun cursed under his breath.

"I'm not going to let you hurt him," Sungjong stated.

Woohyun was quiet for a moment before he looked Sungjong in the eye.  "I would never hurt him."

Sungjong looked at Woohyun and was surprised by his serious tone and for a moment, he almost believed his words.  They remained staring at each other with neither speaking a word until they heard Sunggyu's voice.

"Breakfast is ready," Sunggyu announced as he emerged from the kitchen.


Sungyeol and the rest of the group were already at the bookshop by the time Woohyun arrived with Sunggyu and Sungjong.  Woohyun immediately walked up to Sungyeol and pretended to greet him.

"If anyone asks," said Woohyun in a soft, low voice.  "You have a girlfriend, okay?"

Sungyeol nodded without question though he wondered what lies his boss had told this time.


Towards the end of the day, Sungyeol received a call.  He went into a corner away from everyone and answered it.  After answering the call, he approached Woohyun who was busy sticking to Sunggyu like glue.

"Woohyun," said Sungyeol, feeling slightly awkward having to call his boss by his name.  "May I have a word please?"

Woohyun knew from Sungyeol's tone that something was up so the two walked off into a corner.  "What is it?" Woohyun asked.

"Looks like someone's causing trouble at one of the clubs," Sungyeol informed.  "I'll go check it out."

"Okay," said Woohyun.  "Tell the guys they can leave too."

"I'll have two of them stay back with you," Sungyeol suggested.

Woohyun frowned, looking offended.  "Who do you think I am?  Do I look like I need a babysitter?"

"But-"

"There's no need," Woohyun interjected.  "We're going grocery shopping after this and then going home to cook.  I don't want anymore people tagging along.  One brat is enough."

Sungyeol didn't argue any further.


Sungyeol arrived at the club and was greeted by the manager there.  "Where's the troublemaker?"

The manager lead him to a table in the centre of the club where a figure sat enjoying a glass of scotch.  The figure seemed delighted to see Sungyeol whilst Sungyeol frowned upon recognising him.

"What are you doing here?" Sungyeol asked, threateningly.

The figure smirked.  "No need to get your knickers in a twist.  I came here as a customer."

Sungyeol was not convinced.  "Then why did you reject all our girls?"

"They're not my type.  You, on the other hand, are definitely my type."