Married to the Mob - Chapter 10

Married to the Mob

"Ahem!"

The voice startled Woohyun just as he was ready to enjoy his meal.  He recognised that voice.  He hoped that it was just a figment of his imagination because he hated being interrupted, especially at a time like this.  He turned his head and glanced over his shoulder.  Sure enough, there standing at the bedroom door which was wide open was his nemesis.

Woohyun frowned in frustration.  I'm going to kill him!

"Am I interrupting something?"  Sungjong asked, as if he couldn't tell.

Woohyun stared daggers at him.  "What are you doing here?" he asked curiously.  "How did you get in?"

Sungjong held out a key in his hand then looked at Woohyun with a smug look on his face.

Woohyun glared at him in response before turning back to look at Sunggyu.

"He had no place to stay so I let him stay in the spare room," Sunggyu explained upon seeing Woohyun's questioningly look.  "In return, he helps me look after the shop."

"Well then," said Sungjong, interjecting into their conversation.  "I'll be right next door if you need me."


A short moment later, Woohyun emerged from the apartment building with a frustrated look upon his face.  He hated interruptions and the mood was ruined.  He could not help but think that Sungjong was doing this on purpose just to aggravate him.  Why else would he keep appearing at the most inconvenient time?  I'm going to have to deal with him somehow, he thought.

As he walked down the street, a black luxury car with tinted windows pulled up beside him.  Recognising the car, he opened the passenger door and got in.

"What are you doing here?" Woohyun asked as he closed the car door.

"After hearing that you two weren't coming back, he said he was going home so I followed him here," Sungyeol replied whilst keeping his eyes on the road ahead.

"Why didn't you stop him?" Woohyun grumbled.  "Such an annoying brat."

Sungyeol wondered if something had happened for Woohyun to be this irritated but he decided that it was none of his business and he was much better off not getting involved.  "About the person called L," Sungyeol began, changing the subject.  "He's a mercenary."

Woohyun smirked.  "Is the Yang clan that weak that they would need to hire mercenaries?"

"The young master of the clan was beaten beyond recognition," Sungyeol reminded him.  "Of course the old man would want revenge and it looks like he's willing to do anything, even resorting to underhanded methods."

Woohyun was quiet for a moment as he was deep in thought.  Sungyeol was right.  Rather than come to him for revenge the Yang clan had sent people to trash Sunggyu's shop.  The thought made him uneasy.

"What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked when he glanced over and saw Woohyun's face.  "Is our fearless leader actually worried?"

"Yes," Woohyun replied much to Sungyeol's surprise.


Early next morning, when Sunggyu made his way to the park, he was met with surprise when he saw Woohyun sitting at the bench with the group of old men.  Upon closer approach, Sunggyu realised that Woohyun was in the midst of a chess match with one of the old men.  He never thought Woohyun to be a chess player so he was taken by surprise.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun exclaimed excitedly when he saw Sunggyu.

"Friend of yours?" one of the old men asked Sunggyu.

"Ah, yes," Sunggyu replied.

"The poor thing, we saw him sleeping out here on this bench when we arrived," informed one of the old men.

Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise.  "Woohyun, what happened?" he asked, full of concern.  "Why did you sleep out here?"

Woohyun lowered his head with a solemn look.  "I...I was kicked out of my apartment because I couldn't pay the rent."

Sunggyu glanced at the duffel bag beside Woohyun's feet and frowned.  "Why didn't you come to my place?" he asked in a scolding tone.

Woohyun looked up at him with the most pitiful face.  "I didn't want to bother you."

Sunggyu let out an exasperated sigh.  "You're not a bother."