Married to the Mob - Chapter 16

Married to the Mob

Woohyun narrowed his eyes as he looked at the group of masked men armed with swords.  He thought that they might have been the Yang Clan looking for revenge, however the aura they gave was different and he had never known for the Yang Clan to wear masks.  For some reason he could not help but think that they had a familiar presence.  Where had he seen them before?

"Woohyun, are they your friends?" Sunggyu asked, oblivious to the intense situation.

"My friends don't go around wearing masks," said Woohyun as he stepped in front of Sunggyu as if to protect the older man. "You run first.  I'll hold them back."

Sunggyu seemed shocked at Woohyun's words.  "How are you going to hold them back?  There's too many of them.  Besides, I doubt I can run far."

Woohyun glanced back at Sunggyu and saw him looking at his leg and the walking stick in his hand.

"If anyone should run, it should be you," said Sunggyu.  "You have a better chance of getting away."

Woohyun frowned.  There was no way he was going to run and leave Sunggyu behind.  When he saw the group advance on them, Woohyun gave Sunggyu a gentle push, forcing the older man to take several steps back.

"Stay back," he said to Sunggyu before reaching for the older man's walking stick.  "Let me borrow this."

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu called out, trying to stop him from rushing to his death.  "What are you-"

"I'm sorry," he heard Woohyun say.

Sunggyu could only look at Woohyun's back as the younger man did not turn around to face him.

"Sorry for not telling you who I really am," Woohyun added before Sunggyu could even ask.

With those words, Woohyun rushed forward to face his enemies.  Sunggyu could do nothing but watch with anticipation and worry.  He watched as Woohyun held his walking stick as if it was a sword.  He watched as Woohyun blocked his enemies' blades with the walking stick in his hand.  He watched as Woohyun struck down his enemies, though with a walking stick, it only knocked them out.

"Woohyun!  Behind you!"  Sunggyu shouted out when noticed an enemy approaching Woohyun from his blind spot.

Woohyun turned and saw the enemy just in time to block the attack.  He followed through with a counter, striking down his enemy and snatching his sword.  Woohyun smirked as he held the walking stick in one hand and a sword in the other. 

Sunggyu watched in awe as Woohyun displayed a side of him that he had never seen before.  It surprised him to see just how good Woohyun was with a sword.

One after another, Woohyun fought them all.  Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead.  His breathing became ragged yet his enemies refused to allow him a chance to catch his breath.

While in a deadlock with two opponents, Woohyun failed to notice another approaching from behind.  By the time he broke free from the deadlock and turned around, it was too late.

Woohyun's eyes widened in shock when he saw Sunggyu standing in front of him as his enemy's blade plunged forward.

"Sunggyu!"