Chapter 8 Haunted Past

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

*Warning: This scene contains extreme language, violence, and disrupting scenes. Readers discretion is advised.

 

Flashback…

 

13 years ago

 

*Young Bang Yedam is playing in his room with his action figures until he heard a sound coming from the living room. Curious Young Bang Yedam leaves his bedroom and enters the living room wondering what the sound is to his surprise it was-

 

Young Bang Yedam: Umma!!

 

*Young Bang Yedam runs to his mother protecting her from his abusive gangster father

 

Young Bang Yedam: Don’t hurt umma!

 

Bang Yedam’s father: Who are you to tell me what to do squirt huh? Don’t you have better things to do?

 

Young Bang Yedam: You should be loving umma not hurting her

 

Bang Yedam’s father: Why do you ing care? It’s none of your god damn business!!

 

*Bang Yedam’s father pushes Young Bang Yedam out of the way as he continues punching his mother. Young Bang Yedam bawls his eyes out crouching in the corner of the living room as he watches his mother being beaten to death. He couldn’t help his mother anymore afraid what will his father do to him.

 

Bang Yedam’s father: Come here punk

 

*His father drags Young Bang Yedam out to the balcony and pushes him closer and closer to the railing.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Appa, please don’t- please I’m scared!!

 

Bang Yedam’s father: A pathetic worthless piece of needs to learn his lesson

 

Young Bang Yedam: I did everything wrong I’m so sorry please just let me go

 

Bang Yedam’s father: Are you kidding me?

*Bang Yedam’s father punches and kicks Young Bang Yedam hard eventually leading to him coughing out blood.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Please stop appa I’m scared

 

Bang Yedam’s father: Scared of what? Your reputation? Did I ruin it?

 

*Bang Yedam’s father mockingly laughs at him

 

Bang Yedam’s father: You ing worthless piece of . You deserve to die

 

*His father leaves the balcony leaving Young Bang Yedam crying and covered in blood

 

Young Bang Yedam: I want to escape this hell.

 

*Day after day, Bang Yedam’s father became more abusive to him and his mom leading to more physical, mental and emotional abuse. Until eventually his mother divorced him not being able to hold on much longer. They had a normal life after that, thanks to meeting Young Jinnie, he found happiness. He never knew what happened to his father after that, but that made him happy. He didn’t want to know anything about his father nor see him again. In fact he HATED him so much. But he always had a feeling his father committed suicide after that incident.

 

End of flashback

 

Jennie: I’m so sorry to hear that about Yedam.

 

Lisa: Don’t worry we’ll do everything we can to help you protect him.

 

Jinnie: How?

 

Grace: I have a plan. *grins*

 

Jinnie: You guys are up to something. I can sense it.

 

Lisa Rhee: Just find a way to protect Yedam on your own. We got your back.

 

Charissa: Trust us.

 

Jisoo: You can do that girl?

 

*Jinnie nods

 

Jinnie: I should get going. I have things to do for school tomorrow.

Jisoo: Call us when you’re in trouble.

 

Jinnie: I will

 

*Jinnie waves goodbye to her friends and heads back to her car ready to drive home until she bonks into-

 

Jinnie: Byeong Gon?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Nuna, what are you doing here?

 

Jinnie: I-I- Look please don’t tell Yedam

 

Lee Byeong Gon: I won’t.

 

Jinnie: Why are you at our hideout though?

 

Lee Byeong Gun: Long story.

 

Jinnie: I understand.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: I heard about his mother is he okay?

 

Jinnie: He’s fine he’s with me.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Good. You better treat him right. I mean I could tell he has feelings for you nuna.

 

Jinnie: I will he’s my everything. I can’t live without him.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: I’m glad.

 

Jinnie: Gon, can I ask you something?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Sure what is it nuna?

 

Jinnie: Where have you last seen me? Is it here?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Yeah I saw you couple of times leaving here and one time you were fighting UP10TION. Did you have a rough past with them?
 

Jinnie: Yeah they killed my parents and I think they killed his mom too. Now Yedam’s life is in danger. I have to protect him. I don’t want to lose him too. How do you know UP10TION?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: My younger sister got kidnapped, sold, and murdered by Khun.

 

Jinnie: I’m so sorry.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: It’s not your fault.

 

Jinnie: It’s getting late I should go.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Okay nuna take care. Take Yedam somewhere safe in the meantime.

 

Jinnie: Thanks Gon it means alot.

 

*Jinnie hugs Lee Byeong Gun and waves goodbye as they head seperate ways. She drives back home hesitating on how to protect Bang Yedam. She quietly gets changed and slowly lays down on the bed beside him.

 

Jinnie: *whispers* Yedam, I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for leaving you all these years and I’m sorry I can’t tell you that I’m a gangster. I’m afraid you’ll leave me. I love you Yedam.

 

*Jinnie backhugs Bang Yedam and pecks him. She admires Bang Yedam sleeping peacefully beside her and soon she falls asleep happily.