Chapter 3 Grief and Loss

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

*Jinnie enters Karma and Blackpink’s hideout angry

 

Jinnie: What do you want?

 

Jinhoo: How has our Yoonjin been?

 

Jinnie: Why does it matter? What do you want Jinhoo?

 

Wei: This I’ll-

 

*Wei moves forward but gets blocked by Jinhoo

 

Jinhoo: Let me talk to her.

 

*Wei walks away furious with anger

 

Jinhoo: What I want is you to move out of YG Academy and step out of your teaching position.

 

Jinnie: And why should I do that?

 

Jinhoo: You don’t want your Yedam to get hurt now do you? What if we murder him too like we did to your parents?
 

*Jinnie’s fists curls up

 

Jinnie: I’m going to protect him no matter what. Don’t you dare lay a single hand on him. I’ll kill you first.

 

Jinhoo: I’ll like to see that. Don’t be afraid I warned you.

 

*Jinhoo leads the gang to move out. Up10tion motorcycles away leaving Jinnie kneeling on the ground scared for her life.

 

Jinnie: No they can’t hurt Yedam no please not him.

 

Rose: Are you okay?

 

Grace: This is an outrage! I’ll like to show those boys-

 

Jennie: Stop unne

 

Grace: What do you want me to do? They are ruining Yoonjinnie’s life!!!

 

Jisoo: We are going to help you and Yedam no matter what.

 

*The girls hugs Jinnie for comfort

 

The next school day…

 

*Jinnie called in sick for the day as she visits her parents’ cemetry. Annie agreed to substitute in for Jinnie’s place.

 

Annie: Hello everyone I’m Teacher Annie Stanojev. I’ll be your substitute for today. Your teacher called in sick this morning. Though I’m an English teacher for the junior high students, I’ll try my best to teach you guys English in high school level. She has given me a teaching plan to follow for today’s class.

 

*During the lesson, Annie left a secret note for Bang Yedam. He tried calling her or texting her but there was no reply. He was extremely worried about her.

 

Bang Yedam: Nuna, where are you when I need you? Talk to me. *sighs*

 

*After class, he talked to Annie about Jinnie because he was worried sick.

 

Annie: Don’t worry about Yoonjin, Yedam. She’s fine.

 

Bang Yedam: How can I not worry when I miss her? Where is she?

 

Annie: I’m not supposed to tell you this.

 

Bang Yedam: Where is she? Please tell me Annie ssaem.

 

Annie: She’s at the cemetry to see her parents.

 

Bang Yedam: What?

 

*Bang Yedam dashes out the door. He dismisses himself early and motorcycles straight away to the cemetry.

 

Bang Yedam: Wait for me nuna.

 

Meanwhile….

 

*Jinnie wears a black dress holding a bouquet of flowers as she places it on her parents’ cemetry. She sobs.

 

Jinnie: Umma, appa, why do you have to be dead? Why does this have to happen to me? I miss you so much… *sobs* I wish you were alive. I also have to tell you something. Life has not been the same since you guys died. I came to YG Academy to become a teacher that you wanted to be when you were young, umma, but it turns out to be Yedam’s high school. Ever since I started teaching at his school, I began to fall in love with him. But now Up10tion came back and they want to hurt him. They want to ruin my life. But I can’t let them ruin my life anymore. I want to be happy for goodness sake. I want to be happy with the people I love. Umma, appa, if you can hear this, can you help me with what I should do now?

 

*Jinnie leaves the cemetry after the meditation grieving over her parents’ fifth year death anniversary but outside of the cemetry was someone waiting for her. Someone with a motorcycle. She recongized the familiar figure. As the guy takes off his helmet she gets surprised by the familiar face.

 

Jinnie: Yedam, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at school?

 

Bang Yedam: That is what I wanted to ask you. Nuna, why didn’t you tell me your parents died 5 years ago?

 

*She runs to Bang Yedam sobbing her eyes out

 

Bang Yedam: Come on nuna let’s go home.

 

*She arrives at her apartment and she crouches down on the ground sobbing miserably still grieving over her loss.

 

Jinnie: Life is not fair, Yedam! Why does this have to happen to me?

 

Bang Yedam: Oh nuna I’m so sorry

 

*Bang Yedam hugs her

 

*After he calms her down, he starts comforting her and talking to her. She felt more in ease as she laid down her heart before him. He listened with a compassionate heart.

 

Bang Yedam: So you’re saying that your parents committed suicide?

 

*Jinnie nods

 

Jinnie: Now I’m all alone.

 

Bang Yedam: Hey don’t you say that nuna! Look at me! You are never alone because I’m with you! I would never leave you.

 

Jinnie: Wow Yedam I never knew you could talk to me like that. Thank you it means alot.

 

Later that night…

 

*Bang Yedam soon began to fall asleep soundly beside her leaning his head on the table as she looks at him worried what would happen to them in the future.

 

Jinnie: I’ll do everything I can to protect you from Up10tion. I don’t want to lose you too Yedam EVER. I am in love with you.

 

*Jinnie smiles as she admires Bang Yedam sleeping

 

Jinnie: Ever since you came back into my life, it made my life better. You are truly amazing Yedam.

 

*Jinnie finds an envelope sticking out of Bang Yedam’s backpack she reaches out to grab it curious what is inside.

 

Jinnie: What is this? A card?

*reads*

Dear Teacher Eum Yoonjin,

You are invited to host the sixth annual YG Academy talent show this Friday night at 7 pm.

Come support the fellow students!

Yedam, auditioned for the talent show?

Of course I would love to see you perform. *sighs*