Chapter 1 Treasure A VS Treasure B

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

*Jinnie makes a warm homemade meal for Bang Yedam. She sets it on the table and Bang Yedam couldn’t keep his mouth closed seeing how amazing her cooking is. He was amazed at the masterpiece in front of him.

 

Bang Yedam: Whoa nuna, this is art

 

Jinnie: Haha you can stop drooling now Yedam. You’re getting saliva in the food

 

Bang Yedam: Haha oops sorry nuna *wipes the saliva from his chin* I can’t believe that you are here in front of me.

 

Jinnie: Me neither Dammie

 

Bang Yedam: Hey! Didn’t I tell you ten years ago not to call me that?

 

Jinnie: Haha I know I was just testing you if you still remember that.

 

Bang Yedam: Wow nuna you’re so nice *sarcasm*

 

Jinnie: Haha I know *flings her hair*

 

Bang Yedam: You never change nuna. You’re always the same old Yoonjin nuna

 

Jinnie: I know and you’re still the same Yedam I know. You still have the same old smile.

 

*Bang Yedam laughs

 

Jinnie: And laugh

 

Bang Yedam: What happened to your parents nuna? And why are you here in Korea? Why aren't you in Canada anymore?

 

Jinnie: Whoa whoa slow down there boy. Don’t ask me too many questions at once

 

Bang Yedam: Oh right

 

*Bang Yedam takes a bite of her kimchi jigae and his eyes sparkle in delight. He had never tasted something so amazing like this before.

 

Bang Yedam: OMG nuna this is so good~~~

 

Jinnie: Eat alot Dammie *pats his head*

 

*Bang Yedam grabs her wrist

 

Bang Yedam: Don’t do that nuna. I’m NOT 7 years old anymore. I’m 17 years old

 

Jinnie: Oh yeah right sorry I can’t help it. I just can’t believe you grew up so fast. You were this little. *motions how tall he was when she first met him*

 

Bang Yedam: But now I’m taller than you.

 

Jinnie: Are you teasing me? *crosses her arms* Do you wanna go?

 

Bang Yedam: Try me!!!

 

*Bang Yedam stands up and play fights her. They end up with a nonstop pillow fight in the end she throws the pillow at his face.

 

Jinnie: Eat your food Yedam

 

Bang Yedam: Okay okay bossy pants

 

Jinnie: Excuse me?

 

Bang Yedam: Kidding nuna *chuckles* Look at your face expression right now it’s priceless

 

Jinnie: Excuse me? What did you just say Bang Yedam?

 

Bang Yedam: Sorry nuna please forgive me

 

Jinnie: Alright let’s finish eating dinner then we’ll catch up okay?

 

Bang Yedam: Okay

 

*Jinnie and Bang Yedam talked for hours nonstop talking about her parents, her life in Canada, how she became a teacher and he told her what happened while she was gone for those ten years. They eventually talked about random things like usual. Soon it became late at night.

 

Bang Yedam: I should go nuna it’s getting late. I’ll see you at school tomorrow

 

Jinnie: Good idea. You should go home and do your homework. Your mom will be home in half an hour. That reminds me I still have to mark you guys’ quizzes and figure out my tomorrow lesson plans.

 

Bang Yedam: Looks like we both have work to do nuna. *hugs her* See you tomorrow nuna

 

Jinnie: See you Dammie

 

Bang Yedam: STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!

 

*Jinnie mockingly laughs at him as she sends him off home

 

*She smiles to herself as he leaves the apartment. She couldn’t stop laughing

 

Jinnie: It’s good to have you back in my life Bang Yedam

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Bang Yedam grins as he walks to his suite. He smiles to himself as he jumps up and down.

 

Bang Yedam: Someday nuna I’m going to keep the promise we made. I’ll make you my girl.

 

*He enters his apartment as he gets ready for bed and started studying

 

The next school day…

 

Jinnie: So now will you open your books to page 167. This is a very important lesson for your upcoming oral presentation so you must be alert in this class. I expect improvement and effort in MY class so you must do well.

 

*Students groans

 

Jinnie: Why I’m giving an oral presentation assignment is for you guys to improve in your English speaking skills. This will help your brains to function. And no you will NOT choose your partners. I will.

 

*Students groans once more

 

Jinnie: Anyways to carry on with the lesson-

 

*As the class starts preparing for their upcoming oral presentation assignment, Jinnie helped the class with their questions and guided them. The students were very fond of her not ONLY because of her beauty but because of her unique teaching style which was different from the teaching here in Korea. During class, she would send signals to Bang Yedam like leaving a secret note to him or smiling at him. Of course no one noticed. But there was one problem. Kang Seokhwa hated her. He really wanted to get rid of her once and for all, like he eliminated all the English teacher of class 1-4. But how?

 

Later during breaktime…

 

*The bell rings for morning recess. All the students cheers after a hard morning of learning.

 

Jinnie: Have a good recess everyone! See you tomorrow! Make sure to prepare your oral presentation by Friday! I expect excellence in this class!

 

*Jinnie packs her bags and leaves the classroom

 

Class 1-4: Thank you ssam!

 

*As soon as Jinnie leaves the classroom, Kang Seokhwa slams his fists on Bang Yedam’s desk.

 

Kang Seokhwa: Who do you think you are being the teacher’s pet?

 

Bang Yedam: What did you just say?

 

Kang Seokhwa: I mean it’s obvious she has grown a liking to you or is there something between you two that there is a worth sharing about? Perhaps getting her fired?

 

Bang Yedam: Why you-

 

*Bang Yedam punches Kang Seokhwa. They end up in a brutal fight causing an uproar in the class.

 

Later…

 

*Bang Yedam and Kang Seokhwa are in the principal’s office

 

Principal: This is the second time you two have gotten into a fight. Can we at least get some peace in this school?

 

Bang Yedam: I’m so sorry principal Kim.

 

Principal: I know you are Bang Yedam. Just be careful okay? But you Kang Seokhwa, you need to stop getting into trouble. Do you want me to transfer you again?

 

*Kang Seokhwa crosses his arms in annoyance

 

Principal: I expect two weeks detention for both of you as well as 50 hours of community service. Am I clear?

 

*Bang Yedam and Kang Seokhwa nods as they agrees to their punishment

Kang Seokhwa: !

 

Bang Yedam: Does it look like I’m enjoying having detention with you?

 

Kang Seokhwa: You’re so lucky you got away with it this time. I’ll expose every little secret of your affair with Teacher Eum Yoonjin once and for all.

 

*Kang Seokhwa leaves the principal’s office meanwhile Bang Yedam thinks to himself.

 

Bang Yedam: I can’t let him ruin Jinnie nuna’s life. I just can’t.

 

*Bang Yedam packs his stuff and leaves the office. As he heads back to his classroom, he bonks into Jinnie.

 

Jinnie: Yedam, what happened? Why do you have a black eye? Did you get into trouble?

 

Bang Yedam: … *curses under his own breath*