Prologue Lost Now Found

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

Flashback…

 

*Young Jinnie and Young Bang Yedam are playing at the playground near their apartment. This was the time when Jinnie was 13 years old and when Bang Yedam was 7 years old. This was before she moved to Canada without telling him beforehand.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Nuna look at what I made!

 

*Young Jinnie looks at Young Bang Yedam as he shows her the dirt castle he made

 

Young Jinnie: Wow Yedam that’s amazing! Can I try?

 

*Young Jinnie makes another dirt castle beside her. He looks at her affectionately

 

Young Bang Yedam: Nuna, you got dirt on your face

 

Young Jinnie: Really? Where?

 

*Young Jinnie wipes the dirt off her face but Young Bang Yedam smears more dirt on her

 

Young Bang Yedam: You didn’t wipe it properly enough *laughs*

 

Young Jinnie: Ya!! Do you wanna die?

 

*Young Jinnie chases after Bang Yedam. Eventually they roll on the ground laughing face covered in dirt.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Nuna, can I ask you something?

 

Young Jinnie: Sure ^^ what is it Dammie?

 

Young Bang Yedam: You need to stop calling me that.

 

Young Jinnie: Why? The name suits you.

 

*Young Bang Yedam crosses his arms and glares at Young Jinnie. Young Jinnie stops laughing and tries to remain serious.

 

Young Jinnie: Okay okay… what is your question Yedam?

 

Young Bang Yedam: When we get older, promise me that you will be my girlfriend nuna?

 

*Young Jinnie smiles

 

Young Jinnie: *nods* Yes Yedam. I promise. I’ll be your girlfriend and you’ll be my boyfriend.

 

Young Bang Yedam: *grins* You pinky promise?

 

Young Jinnie: I pinky promise. Until the day we are grown up.

 

*Young Bang Yedam and Young Jinnie pinky promises each other before they head inside the apartment. They laugh as they joke around one last time before they seperate ways.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Are we going to play again tomorrow after school?

 

Young Jinnie: Yes *lies* Yes we are Yedam. We will like always.

 

Young Bang Yedam: I can’t wait! *pecks her cheek* See you tomorrow nuna!!

 

*Young Bang Yedam waves and enters his suite. Young Jinnie looks back at the smiling Young Bang Yedam as she sighs deeply to herself.

 

Young Jinnie: I’m so sorry Yedam but I’m moving away. There won’t be another day where we can hang out anymore but I’ll always keep your promise no matter what.

 

*Soon a tear rolls down Young Jinnie’s cheek as she enters her suite.

 

*Another flashback of Young Jinnie moving away. The moving truck drives along as she waves goodbye to the Young Bang Yedam. Tears pour down Young Bang Yedam’s face.

 

Young Bang Yedam: Please don’t leave me nuna. Please don’t go…

 

End of flashback

 

Bang Yedam: NOO NOOO!! Nuna please don’t go please no…

 

Present day

 

*Bang Yedam wakes up with sweat dripping down his forehead as well as tears pouring down his face

 

Bang Yedam: Damn it! It was just a dream!

 

*Bang Yedam reaches to his nightstand as he admires the last picture he and Jinnie took before she moved away to Canada without a single sound.

 

Bang Yedam: I miss you nuna… when will I ever see you again?

 

Bang Yedam’s mom: Honey, time for school! You don’t want to be late!!

 

Bang Yedam: Coming umma! I miss you nuna where are you?

 

*Bang Yedam looks at the picture one last time before he hugs it. He sighs as he places it back down on the nightstand. He quickly gets ready for school. He hurries to the kitchen as he is now ready for another normal day of school.

 

Bang Yedam: I gotta go umma! See you after school!

Bang Yedam’s mom: Wait honey you didn’t eat breakfast yet.

 

Bang Yedam: Don’t worry umma I got it covered! See you later!

 

*Bang Yedam pecks his mom’s cheek as he disappears off

 

Bang Yedam’s mom: That boy never changes. *sips her coffee*

*Bang Yedam quickly arrives at the convenience store and buys a coffee. He arrives at the YG Academy front gates. He was soon greeted by-

 

Kim Doyoung: Hyung!

 

Bang Yedam: Hey maknae! *arm around his shoulder*

 

Kim Doyoung: Did you hear?

 

Bang Yedam: Hear what?

 

Kim Doyoung: That your class has a new English teacher and it’s a woman!

 

Later…

 

*Jinnie enters class 1-4, Bang Yedam’s class. She enters the classroom wearing a white blouse and a black skirt with heels. At first Bang Yedam was too busy to notice as he was listening to music but as soon as a ruler slamming the desk was heard. He pierced up to look at the board but made eye contact with Jinnie.

 

Bang Yedam’s mind: What? No way isn’t that Eum Yoonjin nuna?

 

Jinnie: Good morning everyone! From today on, I’m your new English teacher Eum Yoonjin!

Please treat me well!

 

*All the boys hoots looking at Jinnie with hungry eyes

 

Boy student: How old are you ssaem?

 

Jinnie: I’m 1000 years old. So you can say I’m a vampire

 

Boy student 2: Oh come on ssaem! Tell us your real age

 

Boy student 3: Yeah you look like you’re very young

 

Jinnie: Like I said, vampires don’t age in appearance only by age.

 

*Bang Yedam grins

 

Bang Yedam: Typical Yoonjinnie nuna. She likes to avoid those questions with her wit.

 

Boy student 4: Ssaem, do you have a boyfriend?

 

Jinnie: *ignores the question* Since you guys don’t have any questions let’s get started! BUT before we start off with today’s lesson, I prepared a little quiz for you to test your English skills so I get a firm understanding of where you guys are at.

 

*All the students groans

 

Jinnie: Hush hush!! I expect all my students to do well in this class! Please pass this in your row. This quiz will only take 30 minutes.

 

*Jinnie passes the quizzes to each row and she soon makes eye contact with Bang Yedam. She gets flustered by a bit realizing her childhood best friend is in front of her. She smiles a bit at Bang Yedam and he smiles back. He takes the quiz in his hand.

 

Bang Yedam’s mind: I must do well on this quiz for Jinnie nuna.

 

Later…

 

*The bell rings for next period. Jinnie packs her stuff as she leaves the classroom.

 

Jinnie: We will get along quite well class. I expect you all to do that English exercise by tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of your day!

 

Class 1-4: Thank you ssaem!! *bows*

 

*Jinnie leaves the classroom and she makes another eye contact with Bang Yedam. She smiles back to the class as she leaves to head to her next English class.

 

Later…

 

*Jinnie arrives home after a long first day of her new teaching job.

 

Jinnie: Bye Annie! See you tomorrow!

 

Annie: Bye Debby! Good job on your first day

 

Jinnie: Thanks it means alot! And thanks for being my friend in this new work environment.

 

Annie: No prob girl that’s what friends are for! Let me know how things are going with Yedam.

 

Jinnie: Wait, what? What do you mean?

 

*Annie shrugs and disappears off without saying another word leaving Jinnie startled. Jinnie leaves the teachers’ office and heads home. She drives home and approaches her apartment.

 

Jinnie: I can’t believe I saw Bang Yedam but he has grown up to be a fine young man. I missed him so much.

 

*Jinnie sighs as she blushes slightly thinking about him, but to her surprise as she enters the apartment, she met eyes with-

 

Jinnie: Omo Bang Yedam, what are you doing here?

 

Bang Yedam: Nuna, what are you doing here?

 

Jinnie: I live here.

 

Bang Yedam: So do I. Does that mean we’re neighbours?

 

*Jinnie nods but she drops her bags and runs to hug him.

 

Jinnie: Yedam, I missed you!!!

 

*A tear falls down Bang Yedam’s face as he bawls his eyes out reuniting with his childhood best friend after long ten years. He hugs her.

 

Bang Yedam: NUNA!!! Why do you have to suddenly have to appear now after ten years?

 

Jinnie: I’m sorry Yedam I really am.

 

Bang Yedam: And why do you have to happen to be a teacher at my school?

 

Jinnie: Long story actually. But I’m so glad to see you again!!! *lets go of the hug* But where’s your parents?

 

Bang Yedam: My mom won’t be home till 10 pm why? How about you nuna? Where’s your parents? Aren’t they still in Korea?

 

Jinnie: Say how about you help me unpack my stuff and then I’ll explain everything to you?

 

Bang Yedam: Okay nuna sounds good

 

*Bang Yedam follows Jinnie to her apartment