Chapter 9 The Worst Nightmare

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

*Jinnie heads inside the school ready for another school day teaching until it felt like the students were looking at her.

 

Jinnie: Why is everyone looking at me?

 

*A bunch of male students approach her

 

Male Student 1: Is it true you’re dating Bang Yedam?

 

Male Student 2: I have never thought of a pretty teacher like you would fall in love with a minor student. That’s gross

 

Male Student 3: And being a childhood friend of him. That’s just wrong

 

Male Student 4: Don’t you have better taste in men?

 

*Jinnie’s fists curls up as she hears the comments coming from the students. She pushes them out of the way exploding in anger causing the male students to look at her.

 

Girl Student 1: She needs to be kicked out of the school she doesn’t deserve to teach here. Such a e…
 

*A bunch of female students mockingly laughs at this comment making her angry even more.

 

*Jinnie enters the teachers’ lounge

 

Jinnie: Ugh this is such an outrage!

 

Annie: I’m so sorry about the news of you and Yedam dating came out.

 

Jinnie: Who would do such a thing?

 

*The principal comes in bursting in fury

 

Principal: What is the meaning of this teacher Eum Yoonjin? The news of you dating student Bang Yedam had made an outrage of this school! We can’t let this ruin our school image anymore especially when we have an open house event coming up!

 

*Jinnie bows

 

Jinnie: I’m sorry Principal Song it won’t happen again.

 

Principal: Either leave the school now or I’ll make you.

 

*Principal leaves the teachers’ lounge

 

Principal: This is utterly pathetic! *groans*

 

*Jinnie crouches down on the ground crying


Jinnie: Now what do I do? Who would spread a rumor about us?

 

*Just then teacher Dahae comes in panicking

 

Dahae: Eum Yoonjin ssaem, Bang Yedam and Kang Seokhwa are fighting again!!

 

Jinnie: What?

 

*Jinnie runs to class 1-4

 

Jinnie: No no Yedam please don’t fight…

 

*Bang Yedam gets into another brutal fight with Kang Seokhwa

 

Bang Yedam: YOU! You’re the one that spread the news about us dating!

 

Kang Seokhwa: I told you I was going to get Eum Yoonjin ssaem fired didn’t I?

 

Bang Yedam: Why you little son of a-

 

*Bang Yedam punches Kang Seokhwa and the fight becomes more intense. Eventually Kang Seokhwa climbs on top of Bang Yedam beating him up severely. Both boys were covered in blood.

 

Jinnie: STOP RIGHT THERE YOU TWO!!!

 

*Jinnie runs towards them and slaps Kang Seokhwa’s face hard

 

Jinnie: Student Kang Seokhwa, how dare you raise your fist at student Bang Yedam?

 

Kang Seokhwa: Oh look at you ssaem. You’re now fighting to protect your boyfriend now aren’t you?

 

Jinnie: Don’t you dare speak rude to me like that Kang Seokhwa. That is a worthless attitude young man

 

Kang Seokhwa: I don’t ing care whatever I’m out of here

 

*Kang Seokhwa leaves the classroom

 

*Jinnie helps Bang Yedam up and looks at him with a worried look in her face

 

Jinnie: Yedam, are you okay?

 

Bang Yedam: I’m fine

 

Jinnie: No you’re not fine let’s get you to the nurse’s office

 

*Jinnie escorts Bang Yedam to the nurse’s office

 

Jinnie: I’m taking him to the nurse’s office.

 

Dahae: Wait Yoonjin ssaem!!!

 

*Jinnie helps Bang Yedam lie down on the infirmary bed after the nurse had finished treating him and covered him in bandages.

 

Jinnie: Didn’t I tell you not to get into fights anymore?
 

Bang Yedam: I’m sorry nuna but Kang Seokhwa was the one that started the fight.

 

Jinnie: What? That little-

 

*Bang Yedam grabs Jinnie’s wrist

 

Bang Yedam: Nuna don’t please~ you have done enough

 

Jinnie: You’re right I have never slapped a student before

 

*Jinnie covers her face in shame

 

*Bang Yedam kisses Jinnie but she pushes him away

 

Jinnie: No don’t you’re injured. You need to rest

 

Bang Yedam: Can you stay for a while, Chum chum?

 

Jinnie: I can’t baby I have a class with Doyoung’s class.

 

Bang Yedam: Promise me you’ll come here soon?

 

Jinnie: Yes I promise now rest

 

Bang Yedam: Okay

 

*Bang Yedam closes his eyes and soon falls asleep groaning in pain

 

Later…

 

*Bang Yedam wakes up to the sound of murmuring coming from outside

 

Bang Yedam: How long was I asleep?

 

*Bang Yedam looks at the clock hanging on the wall

 

Bang Yedam: 5 pm? I’ve been asleep for 7 hours? Damn it I have never missed classes before.

 

*Bang Yedam hears voices coming from the hallway he limps slowly to eavesdrop on the conversation but to his surprise he could recognize the voices. It was-

 

Bang Yedam: Isn’t that Jinnie nuna and Gon hyung?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: So I talked to Karma and Blackpink and they are coming here.

 

Bang Yedam: What? Karma? Blackpink? What’s going on?

 

Jinnie: What why? No they can’t…what about UP10TION?

 

Lee Byeong Gon: They are looking for Bang Yedam. If you don’t move out of your house right now, Yedam could be dead before your own eyes.

 

Jinnie: No I can’t lose him.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: I have a safehouse just take him there.

 

Jinnie: Okay thanks Gon.

 

Bang Yedam: What? Nuna was a gangster? And she kept this a secret from me from all these years?

 

*A tear rolls down Bang Yedam’s cheek as he steps out of the nurse’s office upset and angry about what he had heard.

 

Bang Yedam: How come you didn’t tell me you were a gangster? You lied to me.

 

Jinnie: Yedam I can explain-

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Yedam it’s not what you think-

 

Bang Yedam: Why did you lie to me? Don’t you know how much it hurts me hearing that you’re a gangster when I had a rough past with my gangster father?

 

Jinnie: I know Yedam but please listen to me

 

Bang Yedam: No this is too disappointing for me. This is too much for me nuna.

 

*Bang Yedam walks away limping a bit and Jinnie runs after him

 

Jinnie: I’ll talk to you later Gon. I’ll find a way to convince him.

 

Lee Byeong Gon: Okay be careful text me when you guys are at the safehouse

 

*Jinnie nods and runs after Bang Yedam. Lee Byeong Gon walks away. Jinnie runs after him and backhugs him.

 

Jinnie: Please Yedam please listen to me. Please don’t leave me. This is what I’ve been afraid of.

 

Bang Yedam: And why should I listen? This has broken my heart enough already.

 

Jinnie: There is a reason why I’m a gangster. There is a reason why I didn’t tell you in the first place.

 

Bang Yedam: And what is that?

 

Jinnie: I wanted to seek revenge for UP10TION they are the one that murdered my parents. There was no other way to seek revenge but to become a gangster myself. I’m sorry I kept this a secret from you all these years.

 

Bang Yedam: Your parents were murdered? Aren’t UP10TION dangerous?

 

Jinnie: Yes they are the deadliest gang in the south side of Seoul. They also murdered your mom too and is now after you.

 

Bang Yedam: What? Why me?

 

Jinnie: Because the leader Jinhoo also had an ambition to ruin my life. He wants to get rid of the people I truly love and he knows about you. He knows that you’re my weakest point and wants to murder you in front of me. If we don’t hurry now, your life will be in stake.

 

Bang Yedam: I’m sorry nuna I yelled at you I didn’t know about this situation.

 

Jinnie: It’s okay it’s not your fault. It’s my fault I was the one that got scared in the first place

 

Bang Yedam: Scared of what?

 

Jinnie: I was scared that you’ll break up with me once you find out I’m an undercover gangster.

 

*Jinnie fidgets as she murmurs this but without a warning Bang Yedam grabs her hand and slams his lips passionately onto hers. Jinnie gets surprised by the sudden kiss but she melts in and kisses him back. Soon her arms were around his waist as her lips were matching along to his rhythmn. She pushes him away blushing.

 

Jinnie: What was that for?

 

Bang Yedam: Why would I break up with you? Like I said you’re my first and last love.

You’re all I need in my life. I only want you.

 

Jinnie: But what about your past? I thought you hated gangsters.

 

Bang Yedam: That doesn’t matter now when I have you. I love you Chum chum

 

Jinnie: I love you too baby

 

*Jinnie intertwine hands with his and drags him to the school parking lot

 

Jinnie: Now come on Yedam we have to hurry. Let’s quickly pack and head to Gon’s safehouse.

Karma and Blackpink are gonna meet us there. We’ll figure out another plan from there.

 

Bang Yedam: Okay nuna