Chapter 7 Seeking Revenge

Philophobia (fear of falling in love)

Funeral Home

Pastor: We are here today to show our love and support for Bang Yedam’s very precious family. Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over Lee Seyoung’s passing, but our hearts have been drawn toward them, and will continue to be with them.

 

*Bang Yedam leans his head on Jinnie’s shoulder

 

Bang Yedam: I can’t believe my mom died. It doesn’t make sense.

 

*Bang Yedam sobs on Jinnie’s dress

 

Bang Yedam: Sorry nuna I got tears on your dress

 

Jinnie: It’s okay Yedam. Let it all out. I’m here.

 

Bang Yedam: Thank you nuna thank you really… *cries*

 

After the funeral…

 

*The JinDam couple head back home but the atmosphere was very dark and gloomy. Bang Yedam kept looking at the window with tears pouring down his cheeks. Jinnie grabs his hand and says-

 

Jinnie: You don’t want your mother to get upset seeing you in this state. Smile baby

 

*Jinnie plays with his cheeks making him chuckle

 

Jinnie: That’s the boy I fell in love with

 

Bang Yedam: Thank you nuna for being with me until the very end. Now what do I do? My mom is dead and there is no point of living by myself.

 

Jinnie: You can always stay with me. I am always here for you Yedam. Don’t let your feelings get in the way.

 

Bang Yedam: Thank you Chum chum

 

*Bang Yedam hugs her and soon his lips were meeting hers. He her hair as his arms were around her waist never letting go of her lips. Each breath and each kiss melted all the depression away. It was as if her presence was the greatest gift he could ever recieve. He couldn’t live without her. Jinnie firmly grabs his hand as she lets go of the kiss. She smiles slightly to him.

 

Jinnie: I know what would make you feel better.

 

Bang Yedam: And what is that?

 

Jinnie: Hot chocolate and a movie with cuddling.

 

Bang Yedam: How did you know?

 

Jinnie: We’re best friends still remember?

 

Bang Yedam: Haha yeah

 

*Bang Yedam holds Jinnie’s hand as she drives home. She kept thinking on who could have killed Bang Yedam’s mom but it suddenly made sense to her. Up10tion. Her hands were clenched into a fist and she was so angry. Soon the car stopped so urgently at a red light. Bang Yedam jumps a bit scared.

 

Bang Yedam: Is something wrong? What’s wrong, Chum chum?

 

Jinnie: Nothing really baby it’s nothing *softens*

 

*Jinnie drives again leaving Bang Yedam worried about her. Later that night, as she leans her head against Bang Yedam’s shoulder and her hand intertwined with his, her mind were wandered with seeking revenge, but most importantly she had to protect Bang Yedam from the danger ahead.

 

Jinnie’s mind: I don’t know what you are up to Up10tion, but I swear I’m not gonna let you lay a single hand on him. You are going to regret it.

 

Late that night…

 

*Jinnie visits Karma and Blackpink’s hideout after she had sent Bang Yedam to bed.

 

Charissa: What do we do now? Bitto and Gyujin killed Yedam’s mom now he is in danger unless you quit your job.

 

Jinnie: NO I am not gonna quit my job for that reason. That’s just being a coward.

 

Grace: Are you sure? Do you want Yedam to get hurt?

 

Lisa: Why do you have to keep your identity as a secret? Is it so hard to tell him you’re a undercover gangster?

 

Jinnie: I can’t tell him no… I can’t. Do you know what hardships he went through when he was young? If he finds out, he’s gonna dump me.

 

*A tear falls down Jinnie’s face as she thinks about Bang Yedam’s past.