Wake Me Up

Nobody Knows

You got ready, putting on your close, getting dressed, everything you needed to do before school. When you were done you looked in the mirror.

What you saw wasn’t the smiling, outgoing, carefree, girl you used to see. Instead someone who had from the world. Someone who never showed her true self. Who cared about what everyone thought, but never showed it. In other words, you didn’t see yourself. Not anymore.

When you had lost yourself, you weren’t sure. Maybe when everyone left you. Maybe when you lost everything you loved most.  

You got on the bus, taking your usually seat by Han. You didn’t talk much, though deep inside you wanted to. You wanted to tell someone how you felt. But you just couldn’t. You couldn’t bring yourself to do it. 

You got to school and headed to home room.

                                                                 * time skip *

You walked down the crowded hall, practically running to your next class. You felt a sharp tug on your bag. 

“Where do think your going,” a voice said behind you. Daylite. 

“Let. Go. Of my bag,” you said, glaring at her. 

“No I don’t think I will,” She said dragging you to the staircase. “Or at least, not yet.” 

When y’all got there, she stopped, so that you were standing right in front of it.

“But, if you insist, I will,” She said before pushing you down the stairs. You tumbled down each on, banging on the steps as you want.

When you got to the bottom, you landed on your feet. The air filled with laughter. You struggled to get up.

“Nice one,” you heard someone say. A tear rolled down your cheek from the pain, but you quickly wiped it away. A very confused Han started up the stairs (by the way, the stairs are the kind that go down then turn and go to the bottom).

“What happened-“ he started but stopped when he saw me.

“Y/N!” He said, running towards you. You could tell Daylite was mad. But she also seemed...jealous. 

“Are you okay!?” He asked as he helped you up. You nodded.

“What happened!?” 

“Someone, um, pushed me...” you mumbled. Han looked up to see Daylite still standing at the foot of the stairs. 

“Did you not learn your lesson from Minho!?” He yelled. “Don’t ever lay another hand on Y/N!” Daylite whimpered and nodded.

“Come on,” Han demanded, dragging you back up the stairs. When you got to the room, the others greeted you. 

“What happened to you, Y/N!?” Seungmin asked, once you sat down. 

“Someone decided it would be funny to push Y/N don the stairs,” Han said through gritted teeth.

“What!?” Changbin asked, clearly mad.

“Who!?” IN asked.

“Who do you think?” Han asked sarcastically.

“Daylite.”

“Minho is going to be furious when he finds out,” Chan said. They nodded.

“Speaking of which, where is he?” Woojin asked. 

“I’m right here,” Minho said, raising his hand as he walked in the door. He had a smile on his face that was supposed to be sweet (and it was), but had a hint of mischief to it. “What was I going to be furious about?” 

“Daylite pushed Y/N down the stairs,” Hyunjin said, arms crossed. 

“She did what!?” Minho said, a bit to loud. The inter class looked at y’all.

“Be quite! You don’t have to tell the whole world!” Chan said, wide eyed. 

“Well-“ Minho started but Felix cut him off.

“Y/N, what happened to your foot?” You looked down at your now swollen foot, that now was throbbing in pain. 

“Um...” you said, shocked. 

“Well, don’t just stand there!” Hyunjin said, slinging you over his shoulder. “You need to go to the nurse!” 

“Hey-Wait-what do are you doing!? Put me down!” You said, even more shocked. You started hitting your fist against his back. “Put me down!” He didn’t even flinch. Instead he turned to the others. 

“Anyone else coming?” Everyone raised their hands. 

“Me!” 

                                                                    * time skip *

“It doesn’t seemed to be broken or fractured,” the nurse said as she handed you an ice pack. “Just keep this on it.” You nodded.

“Good. I’ll send y’all back to y’all’s now. Here’s a slip to excuse your tardiness,” she said, handing everyone a piece of paper. 

“Thank you,” you said and left.

Y’all walked back to class, you limping slightly. Hyunjin noticed this. 

“I’m carrying you.” 

“No your-“ to late.

You watched everything behind Hyunjin. IN singing baby shark, Felix doing funny faces to cheer you up, Han singing random lines of different songs. The rest were being...well, boys.

You watched all of this. ‘Is this what it feels like to have friends?’ You thought to yourself. ‘What it’s like to have someone actually care about you?’

If only they knew. Everything about you. You wished you were able to tell them. But you were to scared. To scared to tell them the things you had never told anyone else. 

“One day,” you promised them. “One day I will tell you everything.”