Voices

Nobody Knows

You got out of the shower, your back burning from the heat. You had been putting the water past normal temperatures, all to show that you were strong enough to at least withstand that. And you did. You did it, no matter how much it hurt.

You finished getting dressed and headed dow stairs.

“I’m going to go hangout with some of my friends,” you lied to your mother. “Is that okay?”

“Of course!” She said, smiling. You gave a small smile back before heading out. 

‘Pathetic’ you thought as you walked down the sidewalk. ‘You expect people to realize your hurting, but every time they ask if your okay or offer help, you push them away or simply say ‘I’m fine.’ Your such an idiot. Worthless.’

These kinds of thoughts ran continued running through your head as you began to walk across the street. You lifted your head to see a car heading towards you, not stopping. You didn’t move. You felt grab you by the waist  and jerk you back, causing y’all both to fall to the ground of the sidewalk. 

“Are you crazy!?! You could’ve been killed!!!” You watch the car go by before turning to see Minho.

“What’s the point? What’s the point of staying here?” You said, lowering your head. Minho seemed surprised. Then the surprise turned to angrier.

“Your so selfish, you know that right? All you do is think about yourself. Do you know how many people would be upset if you had let that car hit you?” You looked up at him.

“I know I’m selfish. I’m selfish and worthless and stupid. Someone as selfish as me doesn’t deserve to live.” Minho rapped you in his arms. 

“You shouldn’t be out alone at this time of night. It’s dangerous,” he said after awhile.

“Than why are you out here alone?” You asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I was getting dinner. Your just wondering the streets. There’s a difference,” he said as he got up, then helped you up. Y’all stood there, not sure what to do. 

“”I’m sorry, Minho-“

“It’s fine. You don’t have to apologize,” he said, cutting you off. More silence.

“Um, I still haven’t had dinner...went to...come?” He asked, awkwardly.

“Sure!” You said, glad to break the silence. Y’all walked to a nearby cafe.

Minho stopped you suddenly, then leaned in and whispered in your ear.

“Don’t listen to them. Those voices. They’re all lies. What’s the point in hearing what they have to say if they’re not true?”

/Hi, hi! Stray Kids just let out a new song! Eek! It’s soooo good! Highly recommend it. But that’s not what I wanted to say. I dedicate yet another chapter to Tatsujungstarlight8, for being giving me my second upvote! Thank you, LovePoetry, for being my first. Some authors might get a thousand upvotes a day, so they don’t really care, but every little thing y’all do for me is deeply appreciated. Even if you just subscribe! So, thank you everyone!

And sorry if I made you cringe ( ◠‿◠ )/