Yujin vs. Chaewon

Love Polygon(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The apartment was strangely silent the next morning.

 

 

As Minjoo hoisted herself out of her bed for school, she could hear the low creak of the floor with each step she took.

 

 

After hastily brushing her teeth, she exited the bathroom and suspiciously scanned the quiet apartment.

 

 

"She overslept, didn't she?" she muttered with quick strides to the younger girl’s bedroom.

 

 

"Yujin, wake up," she commanded while opening the door.

 

 

Her eyes widened with surprise when she was met with an empty room. That's when she was reminded.

 

 

"We're fighting," she stated dully.

 

 

One of the missing lunch bags confirmed that Yujin decided to leave earlier than usual.

 

 

It made sense that she was already gone; she was saving them the trouble of becoming awkward with one another.

 

 

Despite avoiding some awkward interaction, Minjoo had never felt so lonely before as she dressed herself for school and ate her unappetizing breakfast.

 

 

"I wish you could talk, Seraph," she sighed while she threw out her food that had hardly been touched.

 

 

Seraph purred in response and went inside Yujin's bedroom—leaving Minjoo all by herself again.

 

 

Even though this was how living independently was supposed to be like, she didn't like it. She didn't like it one bit.

 

 

Leaving the apartment, she strolled to school, appreciating the spring air. It was much fresher than her dreary home.

 

 

"Good morning," Minjoo greeted her friends when she entered the classroom. She was slightly relieved to see Yujin's seat was empty.

 

 

"Good morning!" Yuri waved from her seat.

 

Her mood began to changed when she saw Chaewon.

 

She’s so cute.

 

"Is she sleeping?" Yuri whispered, pointing a finger at Chaewon’s snoring body.

 

 

"She had the habit of asking me to wake her up when class is over," Minjoo replied normally. "She's a heavy sleeper."

 

 

"Isn't she going to miss the notes during class?" Yuri remarked.

 

 

"I'm going to be writing down the notes for her," Minjoo informed.

 

 

Yuri scoffed at her response, adding under her breath, "You like her too much, why don’t you just date her."

 

 

"What did you say?" Minjoo asked. "I couldn't hear you."

 

 

"Nothing," Yuri shooed her away.

 

And soon Yujin had been forgotten already.

 

 

"Good morning, guys!" Wonyoung smiled as she sat in her seat.

 

 

"Good morning," Minjoo and Yuri responded.

 

"Good morning, Minjoo and Yuri," Yena told her as she entered the classroom next and look softly at Yuri and stared at her for a few second more.

 

Yena look at Yuri as if she was the only girl in the classroom.

 

 

Yuri just avert her eyes on the other direction as she cannot hold the weight of Yena’s look and her heart will forgive her easily.

 

 

Minjoo smiled as her greeting, but it wavered once she noticed who was trailing behind her.

 

 

Instantly, Yujin and Minjoo's eyes connected. She swiftly averted her eyes away from her.

 

 

"You think you can get me some free food this time?" Yujin sought hopefully and just talk to Wonyoung avoiding Minjoo.

 

 

I can’t talk to you princess right now cause I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. You need to realize your mistake too..

 

 

 

"If she said no the first time, what makes you think she'll say yes the second time?" Hitomi rolled her eyes at the question.

 

 

"I'm going to try until she says yes," Yujin declared.

 

 

"Maybe," Wonyoung gave a sly smile.

 

 

"See?" Yujin smirked towards Hitomi.

 

 

Before Hitomi could retort anything back, the bell began to ring. As class started, Minjoo took the time think about the situation with her and Yujin.

 

 

She absolutely hated the tension she knew she wasn't imagining between them. She could see Yujin in her peripheral vision taking subtle glances at her.

 

Do I have bipolar disorder now? My mood easily changed because of that dumb Yujin.

 

 

All Minjoo wanted was everything to be okay again.

 

 

But how could she make that happen when each of her mental apologies just didn't sound right? They all sounded like she was accusing her.

 

 

 

Minjoo was just too stubborn to apologize. And unfortunately, Yujin was, too.

 

.

.

.

 

 

"You should make some for Chaewon someday," Hitomi teased.

 

 

"Don't say things like that," Minjoo whined.

 

 

"I wouldn't mind," Chaewon spoke, rising from her seat.

"I-I thought you were sleeping!" Minjoo exclaimed with large eyes.

 

 

"I was," she nodded. "So, when will you make my lunch? Tomorrow?"

 

 

"Sure," Minjoo squeaked.

 

 

With another short nod, Chaewon left the classroom.

 

 

"Why did you say that?!" Minjoo pouted to Hitomi.

 

 

 

"Hey, I think she likes you," Hitomi smirked. "Don't mess up her food tomorrow."

 

"I can give you some recipes," Wonyoung offered.

 

 

"Oh, I don’t mind, " Minjoo just smiled forcefully.

Minjoo blankly stared at the lunch bag. She knew she should eat, but she couldn't bring herself to. She knew her body would reject any food she tried to force in.

 

 

"We're going to Wonyoung’s family restaurant after school, right?" Chaeyeon joined the group of girls several minutes before lunch ended.

 

 

"Yep!" Wonyoung confirmed.

 

 

Minjoo could see in everyone's eyes—especially Sakura's—how much they were looking forward to go.

 

 

"I'm so excited to go again!" Yuri nearly bounced off the walls while the desks were being pushed back to where they belonged. "Are you excited, Minjoo?"

 

 

 

"Of course," Minjoo nodded. "I look forward to it."

 

I just want to go home and rest, I can’t stand having a fight with her. It feels so heavy in my heart.

Yuri could hear something odd in Minjoo's voice but decided to ignore it.

 

 

 

The day was only halfway over and Minjoo was beginning to deeply regret not eating her lunch. She was having the worst stomach pains of her life.

 

 

She laid her head down on her desk in the meantime. She breathed out a sigh.

 

"Minjoo, are you alright?" Yena studied her for a moment.

 

 

"I'm fine," she bluffed, feeling as if her stomach was being kicked again and again.

 

"Can we go to eat now?" Sakura asked the group. The strawberry cake was clear in her eyes.

 

 

"I'm so hungry, I'm going to eat everything on the menu," Yujin claimed.

 

 

Minjoo walked behind the group with not only stomach cramps, but a faint chest pain gradually returning after noticing Yujin and Wonyoung.

 

 

She couldn't do it anymore; Minjoo needed a break just for today.

 

 

"Hey, guys," she spoke up while they stepped outside.

 

 

"What is it?" Yuri tilted h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter