Catalyst for Happiness

Love Polygon(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon wake up to the sun using its evil rays to stab her eyes, she shields her face with her forearm as she remembers that she is living with Sakura again but for a different purpose.

 

 

 

She stands up and see that Sakura is already gone and had a little date with Hyewon today.

 

 

 

It’s your fault Chaeyeon stop being gloomy for once, stand up for your decision.

 

Truthfully it’s a bit disheartening being alone, she was used to Sakura’s presence. She tried to distract herself from thinking about them but failed to do so.

 

She just lay on the couch as she remembers a certain incident that Sakura helps her to be positive in life.

 

I've never been happy with my life.

 

I've never had a real family that loved me. I've never had good grades. I've never been able to find a career I like.

 

 

I've never liked a girl before. I've never been in love.

 

 

I know life isn't about falling in love or anything, but I can't take living like this. It's all becoming too much.

 

 

Whatever this depressing lifestyle is, I don't want to do it anymore.

So, tonight, I decided I'm going to kill myself.

 

My dad just decides to sell my life for marriage just for him to lifted in debt.

There's a building that she had eye on for the past few weeks. It surges so high into the sky, sure thing the view is breathtaking up there.

 

Everything she’s doing at this moment as she walks towards the building, She’d never going to be able to do it ever again.

 

The metal door creaks as she pushes it open, meeting up with the empty rooftop. The railing that is ringed around the rooftop lures me her, and when she reaches it, she instantly looking down.

 

Awesome, though I find my fiancé pretty, it won’t stop me from ending my miserable life.

 

I'm able to see each of the roofs of cars cruising down the street, headlights illuminating their path.

 

 

I'm calmer than I thought I was going to be; I stare at the cars until my eyes begin to burn.

 

Once it's time to do what I planned, my fingers creep up to the skinny bar pressing against my waist.

 

 

It's always this part that makes her heart begin to pound.

Steady hands grip onto the railing in front of her as she contemplates on how to bring herself over the rail.

 

I can see where my body will land. I can see where the ambulance will be wailing to come and get me. I can see everything in Seoul that I would like to see.

 

But there is one thing I am not expecting to see.

 

A girl—a short haired one—across the building from her and in the exact position she’s. Her hair breezes with the faint wind as she looks down at the same street below.

 

 

Is she an angel? Have I died already?

 

She must feel my eyes on her, because within seconds, her eyes connect with mine. That's when I know I'm not dead yet.

 

"D-Don't do it," she stutters with her hoarse voice. “Stay over there” She told Chaeyeon as she swiftly leaves the rooftop not even waiting for response. She greets breathlessly when she reaches the top of the building Chaeyeon’s in and hear a throbbing heartbeat for the both of them. "Were you going to…" she coughs awkwardly; unable to finish the sentence.

 

So before Chaeyeon realize it, she’s telling Sakura—the girl she met just for a second time after knowing that she is her fiancé —about her entire life and how unhappiness has brought her up here.

They sit on the floor with backs pressing into the metal rails.

 

The look in her eyes lets Chaeyeon knows that she's completely focused on; she can't remember the last time someone has actually looked at her the way Sakura does.

Once she’s finished, it's Sakura's turn.

 

I make sure to hang off every word she says.

It's not because she did it to me, but because her voice is... Nice.

Although I don't think anything of her now, with her story, I can't help but look at her with admiration.

 

 

Chaeyeon!" a shrill voice calls out to her in the morning at their shared apartment.

 

She spins around to the voice to find Sakura waving at her in the kitchen saying that their breakfast is ready.

 

"Good morning,"she greets her, feeling as though seeing her in a completely different light now.

 

It's not a bad thing.

Maybe arranged marriage is not bad at all.

 

"I feel so rebellious right now," she laughs lightly. "I decided to go to same school with you."

 

(end of Chaeyeon’s daydream)

.

.

.

 

As Sakura went out with Hyewon they stroll to the planetarium, Hyewon is the one that does the talking Sakura is not used to speaking so much today as her mind and heart still occupied with Chaeyeon, and Hyewon seems to notice. Thankfully, she knows exactly what to do.

 

 

"Sweet or sour?" she asks.

 

 

"Sour” Sakura answer. "Sweet is too…"

 

"Sweet?" she finishes.

 

 

I don't have choice but to accept how ridiculous it all sounds.

Can our heart teach whom to fall in love?

Hyewon is such a nice girl I know she likes me …

 

But why does I keep yearning for Chaeyeon

I’m sure just one sorry and I will be crawling back to her.

 

 

 

"What about you?" Sakura inquire. "Sweet or sour?"

 

 

"Sweet," she responds with a glint in her eye. "Sour is too sour."

 

"Go get new taste buds," Sakura shake her head, earning a soft giggle from the taller girl.

 

 

 

Sakura is too distracted by Hyewon's questions that she’s sure they’ve circled around the planetarium at least ten times.

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter