Almost Had You...

Love Polygon(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo could sense how uncomfortable Chaewon was as she wordlessly stood in front of her.

 

 

 

She knew whatever Hitomi had mumbled in her ear must be embarrassing; the light shade of pink on Chaewon's cheeks gave it all away.

 

 

Thankfully, it wasn't entirely silent. The group's faint voices could be heard from the outside of the room.

 

 

"I guess they're giving us some privacy," Minjoo nonchalantly sat on the edge of her bed.

 

 

"They won't be able to hear us, anyway," Chaewon muttered.

 

 

"What are we supposed to do?" she repeated, more lightly this time.

 

 

"Are you sure you want to do it?" she asked even though Minjoo had no idea what it was.

 

 

"I don't want to be the first one to refuse the dare," she admitted bashfully.

 

"Well, alright," Chaewon cleared .

 

 

 

She began to shuffle closer to her and stiffly sat next to her on the bed.

 

 

"We don't have to do it if you don't want to,"

 

"It's fine!" she assured, ignoring how self-conscious she felt with her being closer than usual.

 

 

She was never able to see the actual color of Chaewon's dark eyes, but with her being this close to her, she could finally make out her dim brown eyes.

 

 

 

"Do you mind closing your eyes?" Chaewon requested awkwardly.

 

 

"S-Sure," she stammered, allowing her eyelids to flutter close.

 

 

She felt slightly vulnerable due to not being able to see what Chaewon was doing. She tried not to flinch at hand landing on her shoulder.

 

Heart beats become irregular.

 

 

 

"Chaewon?" she questioned when the only movement she had done was touching her shoulder. "The five minutes are going to be finished soon."

 

 

"I can't do it,"

 

"Do what?" she opened her eyes to look at her.

 

 

"I don't want us to kiss because of some stupid dare," she pushed herself off the bed to give them both some space.

 

 

 

 

Minjoo's eyes widened, forbidding herself to feel any type of rejection.

 

Does this mean I’m waiting for her to kiss me ?

Minjoo, you are such a weird girl…

 

 

"I want to wait," Chaewon confessed.

 

Hopefully I am not late, since I just have courage now.

I don’t know what to do if I see you in other people’s arms.

I might lose my sanity…

 

If I give you a rose will you let it die or let it grow??

 

 

 

"For what?" she tilted her head, sending her a perplexed look.

 

 

"For when you decide who your heart is set on, " she answered.

 

 

I won’t use unfair tactics like that jerk Yujin.

I respect you Minjoo.

I have lot of chances before but I did not do it.

I want to be our feelings mutual first.

I’m willing to wait even if it takes too long..

 

You are worth to be hurted…

A diamond..

 

 

 

With her puzzled look not faltering for a second, Hitomi's voice traveled through the door.

 

"Two minutes left!"

 

"They're not going to know we didn't do the dare," Chaewon guaranteed Minjoo's frantic expression.

 

 

"How about we pretend we did, though?" she countered while rising from her bed and going towards him.

 

 

"What are you doing?" she inquired as Minjoo ran her fingers through her hair to make it stick out in all directions.

 

 

"Making everyone wish they could have seen us," she replied with a grin, taking a step back to see if it looked messy enough.

 

 

"I can't be the only one with my hair like this," Chaewon scoffed. "Come here."

 

 

Minjoo giggled as she tried her best to make her hair just as messy too.

 

 

They shared a mirror on dresser, giving each other a satisfied thumb up.

 

 

"Hey," she looked at Minjoo from the mirror.

 

 

"What is it?" she asked, looking back at her in the mirror.

 

 

"I've been meaning to tell you—"

 

 

"Okay, love birds," Hitomi poked her head inside. "Times up."

 

 

It didn't take long for Yujin's eyes to widen with surprise as Minjoo and Chaewon strolled past her and out of the room with a content smile on their faces.

 

 

"What did you two do?" Yujin questioned to Minjoo with eyes incredibly larger than tarsier.

 

What is with that smile.

My heart is like breaking into a thousand pieces.

Don’t tell me, you kissed?

Did I lost my chance?

Please God, tell me not.

I know I am not praying all the time but this time I am….

 

 

Please…

 

 

I’m begging and silently praying

 

 

"She's not allowed to say," Chaewon spoke for her.

 

"Sorry," Minjoo shrugged, pressing her lips together to prevent herself from laughing.

 

And with that Yujin just choose to stay silent and hear a sound..

 

A sound of my heart breaking.

A sound that is only me hearing..

A sound of my first love

 

And hopefully not a first heartbreak,,,

 

 

Less than an hour later, they were yawning quite frequently now, so they took that as their sign.

 

They shoo away the lazy ones to clean the room before they sleep.

 

 

"Looks like you had a lot of fun with Chaewon, Minjoo," Hitomi snickered while she ate the remaining chips—her way of cleaning up.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter