Rivals

Love Polygon(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Tch -., I think I loss half of my brain cells," Yuri spoke wearily with eyebrows furrowing as she’s munching her burger for lunch.

 

Too much studying can be a cause of death of brain cells as Yuri’s vocabulary. She has her own dictionary….

 

 

"We only have one more and we're finished and please Yuri stop talking with your mouth like that you’re so gross, “Sakura stick out her tongue and as the brainy one in the group she is not afraid of exams.

 

“Well, Saku-chan you can help us in studies or give us the key to the questionnaire room to steal the exam so we don’t need to review” The hamster girl jokingly butted in.

 

"We should do something today, enough guys with the teasing, I need to release this stress hormones," Minjoo suggested cupping her face, sitting adjacent to her friends on the table in cafeteria.

 

Definitely stress not just from studying but that Yujin who only knows how to mess with me every night.

 

 

"Yeah, let's go out somewhere," Yuri agreed.

 

 

 

"Actually," Sakura cleared awkwardly. "I have a friend that wants me to chill out today." Her composure lost when she mentioned that friend. Ears reddening and mouth is forming a huge smile that reached her ears.

 

 

 

"Frienddddd only, then why do you look like a T-O-M-AT-O- ???? ?" Hitomi repeated with a raised eyebrow and a lopsided smile.

 

 

 

"Is she cute, Oh, we will see later S to the A –K-u-r sitting in the tree Kis-s…asfd ?" Yuri winked to Hitomi ganging up on teasing the older one and Sakura don’t let her finished as she shoves a large chunk of bread to the latter.

 

 

 

 

 

"Now, now Hitomi, you really look like a hamster do you still want bre-aaaad??, she's just a friend that's in student council with me," Sakura explained.

 

 

"What's her name?" Minjoo the sane one in the group asked curiously.

 

 

 

"Chaeyeon," Sakura answered.

 

 

 

"I hope you have fun with Chaeyeon," Yuri wiggled her eyebrows and pull away immediately afraid to get shoved by a spoon this time.

 

 

 

"So what will us three do?" Minjoo questioned to her friends ignoring the daily epic battle of craziness of the three.

 

 

"How about we go to that new arcade that opened last week?" Yuri suggested.

 

 

"And whoever loses the most games has to treat us food," Hitomi said with a fire burning eyes.

 

 

 

"Let's go after school then," Minjoo planned excitedly, being able to see unhappiness swirling inside of Sakura's eyes.

 

 

"You can come with us next time," Yuri assured.

 

 

.

.

.

 

"Let's go to the arcade now!" Yuri shouted with glee, running pass the gates.

 

 

 

"Does she even know where the arcade is?" Minjoo sighed at her child-like friend.

 

 

 

"I don't even know where it is," Hitomi spoke.

 

 

"I thought you did!" Minjoo exclaimed.

 

 

"Nope I never said I did right?," Hitomi grinned.

 

"Hopefully we find it,"Minjoo mumbled, feeling as if she was the mother of two primary school kids..

 

 

After grabbing a hold of Yuri, the trio searched for the arcade.

 

 

"Once we hear lot of people laughing crazily, we'll know the arcade is close," Hitomi claimed.

 

 

"Because that's the only way to know, right?" Minjoo quipped sarcastically.

 

 

"Is that it?" Yuri asked as she pointed a finger to a building.

 

 

"I hear laughing," Hitomi began to step towards the building. "Let's go inside."

 

 

The girls reluctantly entered the building to find arcade games spread across the entire room.

 

 

 

"This place is lit, don’t you guys agree?," Yuri said with awe as they trotted deep into the room.

 

 

 

"Get ready, girls, bring it on" Hitomi began cracking her knuckles.

 

 

The girls continued to roam the arcade, playing games left and right until their money was nearly nonexistent.

 

 

"Looks like Yuri will be buying us dinner," Hitomi stated.

 

 

"Let me just buy it now to get it over with!" she declared.

 

 

"But we're not hungry yet, right, Hitomi?" Minjoo teased.

 

 

"Guys," Yuri whined.

 

"Fine, fine," Hitomi started to head towards the eating area. "Minjoo and I will sit here while you go buy us something."

 

 

"We're good friends, right?" Minjoo questioned after watching Yuri scampering off to where all the food was being sold.

 

 

 

"Sometimes," Hitomi answered with a shrug.

 

 

Minjoo’s eyes landed on a certain Ahn Yujin that was entering the arcade.

 

 

"H-Hitomi!" Minjoo stammered with large eyes. "What's that over there?"

 

 

She pointed to nothing in particular so they could look away. She knew if Yujin spotted her, she would do all sorts of things to embarrass her in front of her friends.

 

 

"The bathroom?" Hitomi inquired, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

 

 

"The bathrooms are weird here!" she proclaimed. She glanced beside her to see Yujin walking away from the eating area and into the area of games.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Hitomi asked.

 

 

"Yeah," Minjoo let out a relieved sigh, leaning back in her seat. "There's just someone here that I don't want to see."

 

 

 

"Oh, who?" Hitomi lifted an eyebrow with interest.

"Her name is—"

 

 

"Guys, help me!" Yuri cried as she held a box of pizza while trying to hold a cardboard box that contained cups of soda.

 

 

"You should have asked for help earlier!" Minjoo said, sliding the pizza box from Yuri's arms.

 

 

"Sorry," Yuri muttered as she plopped into her seat with exhaustion. "Who knew pizza boxes were so heavy?"

 

"They're not," Hitomi responded. "You're just not strong enough."

 

 

"Hey," Yuri took a hold of the box. "I paid for this box and I have the right to say who can eat it or not."

 

 

"Sorry," Hitomi apologized immediately. "I didn't mean it."

 

"Yuri can be scary sometimes," Minjoo giggled.

 

 

"That's right," Yuri nodded as she opened the box to reveal a delicious pepperoni pizza.

 

 

"Let's go to Minjoo’s house for a while," Yuri proposed.

 

 

"It's not clean," Minjoo blurted out.

 

 

"There's only one person living in your apartment, and that's you," Hitomi narrowed her eyes. "How messy can you get? I'm sure it's not that bad."

"You'd be surprised," Minjoo laughed nervously.

 

 

Just this morning, she had woken up to find crumbs left by Yujin all over the floor.

 

 

Seraph had helped her clean it—by eating it, of course—but she didn't have time to clean it all. If Hitomi and Yuri were to visit her apartment, they'd surely be grossed out.

 

 

Yuri pursued her lips in thought then her eyes widened seconds later.

 

"Is that Sakura?" she lifted a finger to the entrance of the arcade.

 

"Oh, it is," Hitomi said as she twisted around in her seat to check.

 

 

"Should we go to her and say hi?" Minjoo inquired.

 

 

Though as soon as Minjoo asked, Sakura's eyes landed on the trio. With a smile, she strode to her friends.

 

"Hey, guys," Sakura greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Yuri sipped her soda while asking.

 

 

"I came here to meet some old friends and catch up," Sakura responded.

 

 

"Let's meet them," Hitomi rose from her seat, inviting herself.

 

"Can we?" Minjoo asked just to make sure.

 

Sakura glanced over her shoulder then turned back to her friends.

 

"I guess they won't mind," she shrugged, beckoning them to follow her.

 

 

Tossing the empty pizza box in the trash, the girls trailed behind Sakura through the arcade games.

 

 

With each step Minjoo took, she looked everywhere for Yujin .She needed to know where Yujin was to save herself from any trouble.

 

 

"Hey, Sakura, play me on this game right now!" a voice called out, instantly creating a shiver run through Minjoo.

"Wait, let me introduce you guys to my friends," Sakura spoke, stepping aside to reveal the girls.

 

 

Right away, Minjoo's eyes connected to the girl that caused her shiver.

 

 

 

"Oh, Minjoo," Yena smiled. "It's great to see you again."

 

 

"You two know each other?" Sakura raised a brow.

 

 

"I bumped into her in the hallway once," Minjoo explained with warm cheeks at the memory.

 

 

"It was pretty romantic," Yuri snickered, receiving an elbow jab by Minjoo. "I'm Yuri, by the way."

 

 

"Nice hair color," Hitomi complimented the other girl standing beside Yena.

 

 

"Thanks, I'm Chaeyeon."

Since the greetings were done, Minjoo turned around to scan the arcade. She felt vulnerable knowing that somewhere in this arcade was her obnoxious roommate.

 

 

"Who are you looking for?" a voice floated into her ear, causing her to jump.

 

 

"Don't scare me like that!" Minjoo shouted, spinning around with a frown.

 

 

 

"Wait," she paused, staring at the grinning , annoying, secret roommate of her. "You're…"

"I'm Yujin," she replied.

 

 

"She's the one that was with Yena when you bumped into her that day," Yuri reminded.

 

 

"T-That's right," Minjoo stuttered. "It's nice to see you again."

 

 

"You too," Yujin nodded with the same grin.

 

 

To the group, Minjoo and Yujin were solely strangers. So they had no choice but to play the role.

 

It’s hard to pretend that I don’t know you.

 

 

"Let's go play some games, shall we?" Chaeyeon told the group.

 

 

"Oh," Hitomi spoke, doing a small cough.

 

 

"We don't have money," Minjoo finished for her. She could hear Yujin scoff beside her and when nobody was looking, she sent a glare.

 

 

"I can give you some," Yena offered and smiled sweetly to Minjoo, digging into her pocket.

 

 

"No, that's okay!" Yuri waved her hands in the air. "We'll watch."

 

 

"Well, okay," Chaeyeon shrugged.

 

 

The group that was now a group of seven ambled throughout the arcade, stopping at several games.

 

 

"I can't believe Ahn Yujin the gamer lost," Yena sneered.

 

 

"By ten points only , duckling stop talking," Yujin retorted.

 

 

"Some people just aren't meant for winning, Yujin," Hitomi shrugged, clearly provoking her.

 

 

"Maybe next time you'll win," Yuri chimed in.

 

 

"Whatever," Yujin rolled eyes. "I'm going to go eat something."

 

 

"Is she mad?" Minjoo questioned as her eyes followed Yujin striding away.

 

 

"She probably already forgot about her loss," Yena assured.

 

 

Minjoo stifled a laugh; she wouldn't doubt it.

 

 

"You two seem really close," Yena remarked.

 

 

"No way," she waved a hand to dismiss it. "There's just something about Yujin that makes me want to beat her."

 

 

"Really?" Yena muttered, asking more to herself.

 

 

"Minjoo, Sakura and Chaeyeon are tied!" Yuri shouted. "Come and look!"

 

 

Minjoo and Yena eagerly stepped towards the game Sakura and Chaeyeon were playing. They definitely did not want to miss this.

 

 

After about 20 minutes, Sakura had somehow beaten Chaeyeon. Though nobody had witnessed it since everyone had become uninterested after just five minutes.

 

 

"The arcade is closing in ten minutes," a voice sounded throughout the arcade.

 

 

"That's our cue," Yena spoke, pushing herself off the wall she was leaning against.

 

 

"Where's Yujin?" Sakura asked.

 

 

"She's probably still eating something," Minjoo predicted.

 

 

And her prediction was correct. As the group strolled to the eating area, they found Yujin finishing a pizza slice.

 

 

"Have you been eating this entire time?!" Yuri exclaimed.

 

 

"How long has it been?" Yujin asked.

 

 

"Half an hour," Hitomi answered with a frown.

 

 

Yujin simply nodded, not bothering to reply back.

 

 

"Let's go, Yujin," Minjoo said.

 

 

"But I'm not done eating," she responded.

 

 

"Then just take the leftovers home," Minjoo rolled her eyes.

 

 

As the sentence left , she froze.

 

 

"I don't even want to think about how much food is stuffed into Yujin's fridge," Yena grimaced.

 

 

"Probably a lot," Yuri said.

 

 

Minjoo let out a soft sigh of relief when Sakura directed the conversation elsewhere.

 

 

"The arcade is closing in five minutes," the same voice sounded throughout the arcade again.

 

 

"I'm getting up!" Yujin proclaimed after six glares were directed at her.

 

 

The group exited the arcade, laughing as they recalled how ridiculous Yujin looked when playing a game with Yena.

 

 

It was strange to all of them that despite everyone meeting each other just three hours ago, they were speaking as if it had been three years. But they didn't complain about it.

 

 

"See you guys in class," Sakura began to wave goodbye.

 

 

"Are we all going to be in the same class?" Yuri asked with large eyes.

 

 

"Somehow," Chaeyeon answered, looking at Sakura. "I didn't think she could do it, actually."

 

 

"Never underestimate the president," Sakura responded with a sly smile.

 

"See you guys in class!" Yuri repeated with a grin. It was clear she enjoyed saying it.

 

 

 

Once everyone had said it, the group separated. And of course, Yujin and Minjoo walked in the same direction.

 

 

"So we're going to be in the same class," Minjoo stated, looking at the twinkling stars above them as she spoke.

 

 

I hope this walk would never end. Whhhat? Am I saying I don’t know what is happening to me.

 

 

"I look forward to it," Yujin replied.

 

 

"Me too," she smiled, not taking her eyes off the dark sky. Then after a while, she looked at her.

 

Unknown to Minjoo, Yujin felt the same way with her but afraid to accept the truth.

 

 

"You surely had weird friends Yujin," she scoffed.

Their matching footsteps were the only noises on the street as they headed towards their apartment.

 

 

"Are you doing anything over the break?" Yujin asked to stop the silence.

 

 

"I think I'm going out with my friends somewhere," she answered. "What about you?"

 

 

"Yena will probably want to come over and play some games," she revealed.

 

 

"Don't make a mess," she ordered.

 

 

"No promises," Yujin chuckled.

 

 

She glanced over her shoulder and Minjoo couldn't help but do the same.

 

 

"What were you looking at?" she questioned.

 

 

"What if someone is watching us right now?" Yujin asked with complete seriousness.

 

 

"Don't say things like that!" she exclaimed, smacking her shoulder.

 

A smile spread across Yujin's face as she gained the reaction she wanted. Then when the apartment complex came into view, Yujin took a deep breath.

 

I hope I will be the only one making you smile.

 

 

Minjoo could feel that the future will surely going to be interesting as long as she is at Yujin’s side.

 

.

.

.

Though Minjoo loved how relaxing her apartment was, she had been lying down so much her back began to ache. When she heard her phone ring, she felt like she was being saved from boredom.

 

 

"What's up, Yuri?" Minjoo spoke into her phone, roaming around the apartment.

 

 

"My parents want me to make something tonight for dinner. Can you help me buy the ingredients?" Yuri asked.

 

 

"Okay!" Minjoo nodded eagerly, not noticing how desperate she actually was to get out of the apartment.

 

 

"Thanks, let’s meet up at the store by your house!" Yuri arranged.

 

 

"See you there," Minjoo disconnected the call and spun around to rush into her room.

 

 

When she was dressed, she quickly slipped on her shoes and exited her apartment. The spring air had never felt so fresh before.

 

 

As she stepped down the stairs, she was met with Yujin hiking up them.

 

 

"Where are you going?" Yujin i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter