Chapter 2

I'm my Father's Son

Bambam ran to the door to answer it when he heard the doorbell because he already knew it was Chan. He opened the door and Chan barged inside carrying a tiny baby and escorted him to his room immediately.

'You and Eunbi made that already?' Asked Bambam, confused. He followed Chan into his room with a baffled look.

'I'll explain later' promised Chan. 'Please do me a favor and look after it for me. I'll be back in a few minutes'.

Bambam panicked and yelled 'YAH, BANGCHAN! CAN YOU AT LEAST TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!' But Chan had already left the building.

About 15 minutes later Chan returned with a load of bags from the pharmacy. As he entered his room he saw that all his housemates were gathered in his room.

'Chan, what is the meaning of this?!' demanded Jaebum.

'I'm so sorry' began Chan. 'I found him on the train and he was all alone and I couldn't just leave him there and-'

'Chan. This is not a children's home. You can't just bring over a kid just because you felt pity for it!' Jaebum scolded him.

At that moment the baby started to cry. Youngjae melted. 'Awww, he's so cuuuute:3 JB we need to keep him:3 :3 :3'

Jaebum secretly felt a pang in his heart but didn't show it. Bambam nudged him. 'Ok ok, you can keep him for now, but not forever. Chan, please make this thing shut up' Jaebum gave in.

The following few weeks were an absolute mess. Chan was mostly in charge of the baby but whenever he had classes he would leave it to one of the other guys. Youngjae absolutely adored the baby, but didn't know how to take care of him. Yugyeom doesn't mind taking care of the baby, but yugyeom was a baby himself. Jinyoung was a clean freak, he couldn't stand it when the baby made a mess. Bambam was always busy studying, because he's in the same class as Chan and wants to compete with him academically. Unlike Mark and Jackson, who were always busy with, well, loving each other.

Jaebum had enough. He contacted an orphanage called 'The Haven' which had a decent reputation, and told them about the baby. They replied that they would be happy to receive him. He soon announced to the others about the news.

'You're sending him to an orphanage?!' Exclaimed Chan. 'You don't even have anything to do with this, I'm the one who found him and he's my responsibility'.

Jaebum sighed and tiredly replied 'If he's your responsibility then why do you make us take turns taking care of him? Chan you know you can't do this by yourself, especially now that midterms are coming up you really don't have time.'

'But there's no way I can just get rid of I.N.! I feel like he is my own son!' protested Chan.

'I.N.? What kind of name is that?! Is that seriously what you would name your "son"?' Yugyeom cackled rolling on the floor.

'If you want to parent him so badly then why don't you take a maternity leave?' Giggled Bambam and fell off the couch, joining Yugyeom on the floor.

'Chan. I know you are attached to him but we can't just keep him here. He needs to go. It's better for both his future and yours.' Jinyoung told Chan, in a serious tone. Chan hesitated for a while but then agreed to do what his fraternity brothers advised him.

The following weekend he took baby I.N. and enrolled him at 'The Haven home for orphans'. 'At least this is better than him ending up a stray kid', Chan mumbled to himself. He was deeply heartbroken, but he had no other choice until he could come up with a better idea.