Chapter 8

I'm my Father's Son

'Jeonginnie! I'm so glad you came!' Hyunjin said, hugging his friend.

The party had already started, and there were some of Hyunjin's classmates. For ninth graders, Jeongin thought they looked quite scary. Hyunjin was quite popular at school, yet Jeongin was his only close friend.

Hyunjin went to the basement to get some snacks.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin's friends gathered around Jeongin.

'Hey kid, I heard you have two dads!' said one of them.

'Yeah, are your parents fags or sum'n?' said another.

Jeongin didn't understand what was happening. He was scared.

'Were you born from an ?'

'Let's teach this a lesson.'

Some of them started beating him up while others just watched.

Hyunjin returned from the basement and dropped all the snacks on the floor. 'Hey hey hey! What's going on here?!'

He saw that Jeongin was the one getting hit. He pushed them all away and held Jeongin close to him. 'Are you guys out of your minds?! What did he do to you?!'

'Why is he here? Do you know who this little is? Do you know who his parents are?!'

'Yes, I know who he is. He's my boyfriend.' Hyunjin's reply was met by gasps. 'And yes, I know his dads and they hate each other. And even they didn't, I would still love him.' Hyunjin replied solemnly.

'Eww, gross!' Someone said.

'Party is over. Get out of my house. All of you. NOW.'

'Nobody would stay even if you wanted them to, disgusting gays..'

'I SAID GET OUT NOW!'

After all of the guests had left, Hyunjin turned to Jeongin, who he was still holding close.

'Sorry I ruined your birthday.' sobbed Jeongin.

'It's not your fault baby. I shouldn't have left you alone with them.'

'But why were they hitting me? I didn't do anything to them!'

'They're just s. Ignore everything they said to you.'

'I didn't understand half what they said..'

'Even better.'

'But aren't they your friends?'

'Nah, just some kids from my class that I sometimes hang out with. I guess from now on you are my only friend.' He cuddled Jeongin tighter, which made him wince in pain. 'Oh, I'm sorry! These wounds need to be taken care of immediately. I'll go bring some bandages and stuff.'

Jeongin wondered what could have gotten him into this mess. Was he gay? He didn't know what that meant.

Hyunjin came back with a first aid kit and started cleaning Jeongin's wounds. It was awkwardly quiet until Jeongin spoke up. 'When you said I was your boyfriend, did you really mean it?'

Hyunjin turned a light shade of pink. 'I guess I kinda do, I mean you are a boy and my friend..' He was done with Jeongin's face, fortunately it wasn't badly hurt.

As he was removing Jeongin's sweater, he gasped and bit his lip, turning a darker shade of pink. 'You are beautiful..' he muttered under his breath.

'What? Did you say something?'

'..No.' Hyunjin cleared his throat. He finished as quickly as he could before Jeongin could notice how embarrassed he was.

'Your Appa must be worried. Why don't you give him a call?'

Jeongin called Chan but he didn't answer. Chan was fast asleep in the living room with his laptop next to him. He had been working on his research and fell asleep before Woojin left.

'Want me to walk you home then?'

'Sure.'

It was almost midnight and the neighborhood was empty. It didn't take them long to reach Woojin's house.

'This is where you live now? Lucky.' He gave Jeongin a kiss goodbye but it accidentially landed on the corner of Jeongin's lips. They both blushed.

Meanwhile Chan had just woke up and went upstairs to sleep with Jeongin. But he didn't find him. He was about to call him when he heard the doorbell ring.

He quickly ran downstairs and as soon as he opened the door for Jeongin he slapped him. Hard.

'I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN SNEAK AROUND BEHIND MY BA-' He noticed the bruises and bandages on Jeongin's face. Joined by tears of confusion.

'Abeoji said he would talk to you..'

Chan blinked twice. 'So this is Woojin's fault.. come here.' He wrapped Jeongin in a warm fatherly hug and kissed his cheek where he had just slapped him.

'What happened to you?'

Jeongin told him everything. Chan listened quietly.

'I have good news.' Chan finally said. 'I found us a new home. We'll be moving there in a week.' 

 

______________________________________________

Y'all here getting nosebleeds about HyunIn, not realizing that the superior ship here is actually Chan X Sleep!! XD