Chapter 3

I'm my Father's Son

'Omg! It's Lee Know!' whispered Jisung.

Chan saw a familiar blush on his best friend's face. 'Why don't you ask him out already?' He asked Jisung with a smirk.

Jisung blushed even harder. 'You know how shy I am around him, especially now that, you know, I started thinking things about him. I'm gonna mess things up horribly'.

'Hmm? No, I don't know. What things do you think about him?' Chan .

Jisung tried to push Chan off his chair but he was so heavy and muscular. The two friends laughed off the awkwardness.

'But don't you have anyone you feel like that about? Someone you like?' Jisung asked Chan.

'No, not really..'

'What about that girl, what was her name? Simbi? Eunbi?'

'She was more like a sister actually, we didn't do any things...'

'So you do know about things! Don't tease me about it then! But really isn't there anyone ever on your mind? At all?'

Chan paused.'Well, there is I.N...' his sentence trailed off.

I.N.. Chan knew he needed him. They needed each other. With each day passing Chan's heart ached more than the last. He needed to find a way to get him back.

'Earth to Bang Chan!' Jisung yelled. Chan jumped. 'Where the heck did you drift off to this time? Did you remember a person you li-'

'I need to get a part time job.' Said Chan.

'Eh? Suddenly? Why? What for?'

'Because.' Chan shrugged.

Fortunate for him, he found one not long after. It was convenient for him to work at the University library on JYP campus, for several reasons. It payed well, he could study there, and he could avoid Jaebum. There was still some tension between them because Chan couldn't forgive him for sending away I.N., so it was better for him to stay out of the house for the most time possible.

'You could just move in to my place', offered Jisung. 'Don't worry, I'm only interested in Minho' he smirked, then blushed away.

But Chan had his own idea. His own plan. As soon as he could earn enough money, he would put his plan into action.

'What is it that you're planning, then?' Asked Jisung. 'Are gonna start sleeping at the library?'

'I'm gonna rent my own apartment.'

Jisung made an ○o○ face. 'Omg! Really? Yay!'

'And no, I won't sleep at the library you wierdo'

'I don't get it. Are you doing all this just to avoid Jaebum? Isn't that too much?'

'It's not because of Jaebum. I'm gonna get I.N. back.'

'I.N.? The kid?'

'Yeah.'

'How are you gonna do that?!'

'I'll adopt him.'

'I suggest you give him a better name when you do.'

'Sure, I will.' he said with a smile.

 

 

                               ~~12 years later~~ 

 

'Appa! I'm late for swimming class, hurry up!'

'I'm coming Jeongin, I'm coming! Where are my car keys?'

'In my hand, Appa' Jeongin groaned.

They got into Chan's BMW. Chan was now an assistant professor at JYP University, with a PhD in Quantum Physics. He reflected upon the years he spent with Jeongin as his adopted son. He adored him and spoiled him so much, and gave him all his love. Jeongin however was not a spoiled brat, he was innocent and kind and well behaved. To Chan, Jeongin was his whole world.

Chan adjusted his rearview mirror to catch a glimpse of his adorable son.

'Appa! Look out!'

A car being driven by a seemingly drunk driver was heading straight towards them. 

All the flowers are gone away
He has gone away again

Carrantuohill and cliffs of Moher
And last night he came to me.

I'll sing with my love Gaelic.
Playing Bodhran with the harp

And it flows from cliff to sea
Reflect back and sigh and sigh

Waves shining like a star
Dancing with silver coats

Waves shining like a star
Dancing with gold bells shoes

Waves shining like a star
But he has gone away again


The man in the other car was bleeding heavily. He summoned all of his strength to heave himself out of the wreckage. He then looked up at the two unconscious people in the other car. He heroically managed to pull them both out of the car through the shards of shattered glass and metal. He checked their vitals and when he felt for the child's pulse his eyes grew wide.

He dialed to call for an ambulance. 'Hello, this is an emergenc-'

The man out due to profusive blood loss.

 

 

_______________________________________________

Song: The Longing Dance - Lim Ji Eun