Chapter 13

I'm my Father's Son

'Hurry up! Where are you?' Jisung complained at Chan on the phone.

'I'm on my way. I got into some heavy traffic, but I promise I'll be there soon.' Chan was on his way to Jisung's wedding. A few weeks ago Jisung had given him the invitation, much to the amusement of Chan.

'You're getting married to Lee Min Ho? You mean the famous actor?'

'No silly, it's Lee Minho, the guy I had a crush on since my undergraduate years.'

'Lee Know? I didn't know his name was Minho to be honest.. So you actually got together after all?'

'Yeah, I confessed to him eventually.. and we've been dating for five years before we finally decided to tie the knot.'

'Congrats my friend, I hope you have a long and happy marriage.'

'How come you aren't teasing me anymore? Are you really Chan? Yah! What did you do to Bang Chan?!' Jisung shook his friend's shoulders. 'Yah! Is it because you found someone too? Is that why you're not making fun of me?'

Chan blushed. 'N-no, I haven't.' he lied. He promised Woojin he wouldn't tell anyone, not even Jeongin.

'Did you just stutter? Nevermind, don't be late for the wedding, ok?'

Chan arrived late but just in time to hear their wedding vows.

'Han Jisung, I love you. You are the squirrel of my life. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you and to always hold you in the highest regard. All things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.' Minho smiled and added, whispering: 'Except my cats. I will not give you my cats.'

Jisung stifled a giggle. He cleared his throat and put on a solemn expression. 'I, Han Jisung, take you, Lee Minho, to be my husband, to share both good times and bad times, side by side. I give you my hand, and my heart, and hope that my love will always be a safe haven for you. Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal. Just as it is made of a permanent metal, my commitment to you is forever. With this ring, I thee wed.' They exchanged rings.

'I pronounce you husband and husband.'

Chan's eyes teared up as he watched them kiss. He was so happy for his friend.

 

When Chan returned home he was greeted by a small peck on his lips from Woojin.

'How was your day at the football game with Jeongin?'

'It was great. Jeongin's favorite team won, and he's so happy about it. What about you? How was the wedding?'

Chan sighed. 'To be honest I'm disappointed that I got there a little late, but fortunately I didn't miss the cute part.'

'You mean this part?' Woojin advanced to kiss Chan.

Chan quickly turned away. 'What if Jeongin sees?!'

Woojin paused and dropped his arms. 'Maybe we should get married too. That way we don't have to pretend anymore.' he scoffed.

Chan smirked and met his eyes. 'This family is perfect just the way it is.' He kissed Woojin's forehead sneakily.

'It could be even better. Let's have more kids.' Woojin told him, almost whispering.

'Yah! What are you talking about?! That's impossible!' He pinched his arm playfully.

'Ow! Calm down. I meant we could adopt another child. It would be nice for Jeongin to have a sibling.'

'Are you sure about this?'

'As surely as how much I want to kiss you right now.'

'Appa! You're back!'

Woojin quickly created some distance between himself and Chan.

'Abeoji was so cool today. He cheered almost as loud as I did!'

Chan got down on one knee and faced Jeongin directly. 'Jeongin, would you like to have a little brother?'

Jeongin was surprised at this sudden question. 'Um.. of course! Why do you ask?' Jeongin was slightly confused.

'Abeoji and I are deciding whether to adopt a child. What is your opinion?' He glanced at Woojin.

'Really?! I would love that! It would be great to have a younger sibling. Hyunjin has a sister 5 years younger than him and when I see them together I wonder what it would feel like if I had a sibling.'

Woojin's face brightened up immediately. 

 

The following day Chan drove to a familiar place to him. The three of them got out of the car and looked up at the sign on the building. 

The Haven.