Handsome Disaster

Handsome Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days went by slowly and you only had a few hours to mentally prepare yourself for what you were about to witness. You hadn’t told Sera about where you were going with Shownu for your date, but told her that you didn’t know yet. You don’t know why you didn’t mention what Shownu told you, perhaps it’s because you couldn’t quite believe it yourself either. You looked over your closet and decided to take Shownu’s word and dress comfortably in you favorite ripped jeans and a comfortable t-shirt with your old converse. You decided since you didn’t dress as cute as you thought that it would be good to curl your hair and take extra time on your makeup.

Your keurig stopped and you could smell the sweet aroma of coffee enter your room. You went outside and saw Sera dressed cutely and you noticed that she was putting on heels as she was getting ready to leave.

“Where are you going pretty lady?” you asked her while wiggling your eyebrow and she gave you a beaming smile.

“Oh, Minhyuk and I are going out for a date.” She said

“Have fun!” you responded with a wave retreating to the kitchen that held the aroma the screamed your name.

You heard the door click behind Sera announcing her departure and you felt a weight being lifted off of your shoulders. You wanted to tell her about Shownu and ask if she knew anything about Hoseok but you didn’t want to cause any issues for her or disturb her happiness. Besides, half the time she wasn’t home to be asked anything anyways. And it’s not that you didn’t want her around all the time, but being in a foreign country and just barely even being able to call yourself fluent in the language was a struggle. Not to mention your foreign looks made you stick out like an obvious sore thumb. You decided that after tonight if your suspicions were confirmed then you would mention them to Sera.

Your text tone brought you out of your thoughts and you went into your room to read the message.

Shownu: I’ll be there in just a minute. I’m right down the road. Be ready to go beautiful.

You released a breath of air and tried to clear your mind. There was no reason for you to ruin this night with your concern for Hoseok. For all you know it could be another fighter with the same name. you looked at your coffee and frowned at the wasted cup. You had half the mind to attempt to bring it with you but thought not too since you’d be going somewhere rowdy.

You went into the bathroom and glanced over yourself making sure that you looked acceptable and sprayed your perfume. You grabbed your purse and heard the knock at the door. You opened it up to Shownu smiling at you like a giddy school kid. You noticed that his clothes looked wet as if he had spilled something on them and he had a certain glow to his face like he’d been sweating.

“Damn, you look good. You could wear a trash bag and still look good you know that right?” he asked

You laughed at his statement and just nodded your head along with his complement.

“Thank you! You look good too.”

You closed the door behind yourself and began walking to the parking lot. However, you found the sound of your footsteps to be light and when you turned around you noticed Shownu was watching you from your door step with a smile. you gave him a questioning look at he smiled even wider.

“We can walk from here.” He said to you and you quickly made your way back to his side.

You mentally scolded yourself for being so foolish. What is it with you and this parking lot?  

The two of you took off and walked to campus. You were starting to become slowly weirded out. Why are campuses so creepy at night? You made your way at the opposite end of campus to a building that you had never noticed before. It looked old and on the verge of being in ruins. You made your way around the building and stopped in front of a window that had access to the basement. You were beginning to get a really unsafe feeling about the building and Shownu taking you here alone. You looked up at Shownu and he was softly smiling down at you.

“I know it looks pretty suspicious, but trust me beyond this window is a whole other world.” He said “Are you okay? You look like you’re starting to panic a little.” He asked you now concerned

“No, I’m okay.” You shook your head quickly and he nodded in understanding.

He bent down and knocked on the window six times. Shortly after you saw a man on the other side smiling fondly at the two of you who unlocked the latch and swung the window open wide. You laughed quietly out of nervousness and watched as Shownu sat down and crawled into the window opening, disappearing on the other side. You took a moment to look at the window and contemplate if you really were going to follow him down to the suspicious basement. It was pitch black just beyond the window giving you no hint at what was inside, nor did you hear any sound.

The man who opened the window popped back up and looked at you questioningly.

“Are you coming in or leaving?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

And just then Shownu’s face was also seen back at the window sill. He gave you a look of understanding for being so startled and cautious but also stuck his hand out for you to take. You slowly sat down and took his hand. With his free other hand he held you by the waist trying to guide you down to the floor as smoothly as possible. On your way down to the ground you missed your footing and fell forward into Shownu’s chest. He caught you firmly and held you for a moment, as if he was trying to calm you down.

“Well a man could get used to a pretty lady pressed up against him like this” he whispered in your hear with a smile you could hear in his voice.

You lightly  slapped his shoulder and he let you go with a chuckle.

“You good?” he asked and waited for your reply

“Yeah, I’m okay.” You said back more confidently this time

“Okay” he said tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. “You might want to hold my hand, there’s going to be a ton of people inside and once they get riled up its hard to get through the crowd.” He stuck his hand out to you and you took it and kept it close to your side.

You walked out of the room and stepped into the hallway, it was completely dark besides one candle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter