Handsome Disaster

Handsome Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His words startled you and you knew that it was the end. Your heart and your ribs hurt too much to scream and there was nothing that you could do. You could feel your heartbeat through every limb and feature of your body and you knew that it was beating too hard. Your vision started to crack and blur and slowly you slipped into unconsciousness as the overwhelming pressure and pain in your chest began to double.

It felt like you were having a heart attack.

You couldn’t scream or move a muscle but simply allow for the pain to swallow you whole. Because, you wanted to die. There was nothing that you could do to save yourself. It was game over. Shownu was in too deep and you knew that he would kill you if he had to, and after his last freak out in the elevator you knew that things were only going to get worse for you.

Shownu pushed you through the lobby of the hospital heading straight for the exit when you could hear screams coming from the other side of the room. Did they find the nurse? You wanted to thrash and kick and scream as hard as you could to make people see that you were being taken, but all of your energy was gone. Your limbs wouldn’t move, as if they were glued in place and your voice was gone.

You were right in front of the sliding doors when the next elevator opened up revealing one of the police officers in a frenzy over the loud noises coming from the startled patients. He peeked inside and immediately recognized the battered face of the poor nurse who was by your side. His eyes widened and he turned and scanned the room for any signs of where you would be. His instincts immediately kicked in and he ran to the middle of the lobby and circled to the room looking for you. He looked towards the exit and took off, running towards the parking lot knowing that the two of you had to be outside of the hospital. He couldn’t see anything through the cars parked and the people coming and going from the busy lot.

He decided to continue in the lot to find any evidence of his kidnapping you when he found a tall man in a black shirt pushing a wheelchair back to the entrance of the hospital, returning it to where it belonged. He nodded politely to the man and continued on his hunt. But as the tall man passed him again he got a better look at his face and instantly recognized him as shownu. When his face hardened and he scanned his body looking for any possible weapons on him Shownu tensed. He didn’t like the look of the stranger giving him this intense of a once over and he sprinted towards his car, making sure to zig-zag in-between vehicles, trying his best to throw off the officer. But it was too late, the officer was too fast for him and by the time he ran around a few vehicles the officer had him pinned up against the window of a small car.

“Where is she?” he growled into Shownu’s ear as he fumbled with putting handcuffs on him

“Who the are you?!” Shownu yelled back “What? are you another one of that s boy toys?”  he nastily accused the officer

“shut the up you piece of !” the officer yelled back to him.

He quickly called down his partner to take care of shownu and as soon as he arrived he immediately began to search for you through the parking lot. It took him what felt like hours to finally find you and when he did he busted the driver’s side window out and unlocked the car. He rushed to your side and threw the door open

“are you okay?” he asked you loudly and when you failed to respond he yelled even more “can you speak or move?” he asked and when you failed to reply again he cursed and ran to the hospital

You felt like bawling and thrashing as you watched him run away from the car. It felt like the end of your rope and you would give out at any moment.

Soon your vision completely diminished into darkness and you closed your eyes. The pain faded in and out as consciousness took you again and again. And each time that it took over your body it took longer and longer for it to return. Until soon you didn’t care anymore. The pain finally stopped and you didn’t feel at all like things were too ed up or stressful. You felt like nothing and it was better than how you felt awake.

It felt like you were having the longest dream ever with random interruptions of whatever was happening around you. You would hear and feel what was happening in reality but couldn’t move, or speak, or talk. You were just like a corpse, lying around while the world moved on around you until the darkness took over.

It wasn’t until what seemed like days or weeks later that you could finally feel your fingers and toes move and you wanted to cry and scream in joy there was nothing better than this exact moment for you.

Slowly you tried to move more and more and eventually after a physically and mentally exhausting fight with the darkness you opened your eyes to the bright light of the day. When your lids were completely opened they watered up at the sight of the sunlight and you couldn’t tell if they were doing that on their own or if it was your actual tears.

You moved your head and tried to pull yourself up but crashed back down into the cot as soon as the stinging pain rushed through your body. You grunted and clutched your stomach trying to sooth and will away the pain.

“oh my god you’re awake” a man said at the entry way

You eyed him and sank down into the cot unsure of who he was.

“I’m detective Kim and I’ve been stationed at your room for security. Its good to see you finally awake. Do you want me to call a nurse?” he asked

You tried to respond but couldn’t clear away the fog in your throat and nodded your head instead. He quickly disappeared and you sighed a breath of relief. And as soon as he left he returned with a nurse who came in with a large smile on her face

“right now you’re still probably feeling groggy so don’t try to strain yourself or talk, just nod your head for ‘yes’ or ‘no’ okay?” she said cheerfully “can you move your feet?” you nodded “your arms?” you nodded again “good, now are you hungry or thirsty?” you nodded furiously and she giggled “alright, ill call a doctor so we can get an all clear for your diet”

And off she disappeared. The detective remained standing at the edge of your bed and continued to eye you

“your friends are going to be very happy to hear that you’ve woken up. is it okay if I notify them that you’re awake?” you nodded your head “alright then ill step out and call them and let you be”

You searched for the bed remote and raised your bed into a sitting position, completely disregarding the painful protests that your body gave you. who knows how long you’ve been lying in this bed and you wanted to move somehow.

You watched the door frame and patiently waited for a doctor to return. And soon when you found a man in a white coat walking in smiled and waited for his observations

“ hello im doctor Jung and I’ve been assigned to take care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter