005

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can’t just lose on purpose” Suho sighed for the nth time since she had entered the dorm, and he realized she had yet to properly look at him since entering. Instead, she seemed more focused on the long boots along her feet, and the fingers that sat before her lap, a gesture of uneasiness.

“You can’t just demand people either” she spoke back, and her tone wasn’t sweet nor suggestive, it was rather hushed and threatening. “If I had won, we’d have to get married, and neither of us wants that.”

“So what!?” Jun-Myeon didn’t understand why he was so angry, why she could rile him up with simple words, but she managed to do it effortlessly. “You are the daughter of Exo’s previous Alpha, you were born to be the Beta in the group. You don’t have a choice!”

“Neither do you!” She screamed at him, her eyes meeting his for the first time, and he wished she would look away. “You’re a horrible leader, you’re a dictator instead! You don’t lead your team, you slave them! You demand respect instead of earning it, so how am I supposed to respect that!?”

“Hey, calm down” his hand automatically reached to calm her, but she was faster in shrugging away her shoulder and standing herself from the wooden bench. “I don’t know who you think you are…”

“I don’t know who you think that you are!” She interrupted with a vicious growl, one that had sent tingling shivers up and down his entire spine. “You have no right to assume Alpha belongs to you, nor to demand anything from me. I can fight you for it, and we both know that I can win.” She breathed out a soft breath, as though trying to calm herself, as though she hadn’t already said hurtful things.

“Then why don’t you!?” Jun-Myeon couldn’t help it, she had him angry and worse, she challenged him.

“I don’t want it!” Her voice was louder than before, her eyes narrowing as she folded her arms before her chest “I don’t want it…” she whispered softly, and it was only then did Suho realize the gloss within her eyes, the sadness that took her entire face and offered not even the slightest glimpse of satisfaction.

“None of us did” Suho spoke in a gentle voice, running his hand along the nape of his neck “none of us wanted our lives to be stolen from us. We just have to make the best of it and get along, otherwise we’d become rogues.”

Much to his surprise, the word had triggered her eyes to widen, hinting she had heard the stories of the wolves that ran solo. They were mindless and vicious, the lack of emotional connection within their pack forcing them into isolation. They could no longer shift, they were forever stuck within the form that they despised the most. It was a cruel punishment, for denying nature and their birth rights, and it was one that was paid by everyone else within the community.

The pack in which they belonged, would have suffered too, constantly feeling incomplete because someone would be missing. Their forever mate would have suffered most, because they would have yearned to be with their partner but would have no choice but to stay with the pack. Then there was their thoughts that screamed of agony any time they would shift, the constant reminder that they had been rejected, and it took a large amount of effort to ensure the omega was safe and comfortable.

“What do you care if I did?” Min-Ah asked, and without waiting for an answer, she turned her back towards him “you hate me, you don’t want me here either. I don’t want to stand beside someone who is selfish. I refuse” and before Suho could catch his breath, she was gone, and he was left standing there dumbfounded.

~*~*~*~

Chanyeol didn’t understand what had made the Beta wolf so upset, but the entire had felt the sudden change surrounding them. Both of their leaders were in stress, and it cycled through them, effecting each member differently. The newest member of the pack had been hit the hardest, a young female whom whimpered the entire time the leaders were away. It was a horrible show of leadership, and Chanyeol was going to put an end towards it.

“What the heck!?” He yelled out upon seeing the Beta step out from the dorms, but his heart had stopped beating when her glossed eyes met with his own, her cheeks burning a scarlet red of embarrassment. She was upset, that was visibly clear.

“I’m sorry, give me a seco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter