013

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~ Eight Months Later ~*~~*~

“Jackson! Get back here!” Min-Ah demanded, chasing the muscled male but he was always faster than her, leaving her behind and forcing her to stop her running attempt. “Not fair” she pouted out her lip, not surprised when the male reached over to ruffle her hair. Seeing her opportunity, she took it without hesitation, grabbing the male’s arm and flipping him towards the ground.

“Dang it” Jackson huffed, sitting himself back to a proper position “now you’re beating me by three!”

“By four” Mark interrupted, putting yet another tally on the paper that deemed war on the two Beta’s of the group, forcing the entire pack to snicker and make side comments about the newest defeat of their strong Beta female wolf.

“What do you know” Jackson huffed, standing himself and dusting the dried leaves from his body, a hint that once again winter would be coming around, and soon they would need to start preparing for their next hunt. Their fun times would come to an end, and their final tally mark would stay put until the end of winter, considering the rogues would be coming back again, this time much stronger than before.

“You two kill me” JB, the Alpha of the group spoke out, causing proud smiles across the two culprit’s lips, deeming innocence despite their knowledge of being guilty. “We need to start planning out the training schedule, Bambam will finalize it when he comes back from his mother’s house. Until then, I’m going to need you two to get along, can we do that?”

“Probably not” Mark had answered for the two Beta’s, a shrug of his shoulders feigning innocence all the same.

“He’s got a point” Jackson and Min-Ah spoke in unison, causing the duo to break out in laughter, forcing the Alpha to shake his head briefly. It was as though the two were destined mate’s, yet there wasn’t a bond between them, not in the way a mate would naturally occur. It was weird, and JB pondered what it had meant, but in complete silence of himself of course.

“Look, it’s almost winter” JB killed the playful mood with those words, making the entire pack grow serious, knowing that it meant war was coming, and not being prepared properly would result in the death of someone they loved. “The rogues aren’t working alone anymore; they are forming packs and it makes them more dangerous. They are targeting other packs, so we have to get along with everyone.”

“Who are our closest alliances?” Jinyoung, the silent member of the pack, had spoken out.

“BTS and Exo” JB answered, failing to notice the shift in the only female member of their pack, and how she suddenly flinched from the name alone. “We will be working in teams, and we must all learn to fight with one another. If anyone gets attacked, we must know each other’s strengths and weaknesses.”

“Agreed” a v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter