010

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One thing that Min-Ah knew well about rogues, was that they could not shape back into a human form. Their humanity was no longer, and they often didn’t care about those they harmed, or the reason behind harming them. It also caused their fur to become matted upon them, looking ferrule opposed to a domestic shifter whom had daily cleaning and grooming. They held a stench, a stench of filth and years of piled up horrid hygiene.

They attacked sloppily, but she could tell they were not aiming to harm her, but to weaken her stamina, giving her no choice but to defend herself from their oncoming attacks. There were four of them, and they attacked in order, smallest to the largest, breaking her slowly and causing her body and mind to weaken. She would die at this rate, they were going to be the very last thing she would see in this life. Not Jungkook, her beautiful sunshine. Not Suho, her supposed mate. Not her father, her mother. She’d never see them again.

She’d regret a lot of things in this life, such as hurting Jungkook the way that she had. She’d never forgive herself for harming such a beautiful person, especially for someone unworthy of the pain. She’d regret not staying with Baekhyun and watching his smile light up the entire room. She’d regret not getting to know Chanyeol a little more. The shy clutz who was worried all the time, primarily about the amount of sleep he had gotten.

Mostly. She’d regret the pain she’d give to Suho upon her death. Though he was selfish and cared only for himself, she was selfless, and could only care about him.

The biggest wolf was the last to attack, her body already weakened to the point where her legs failed her and forced her body onto the ground, the snow covering her fur as a final departing gift. It blanketed her, softly and beautifully, uncaring that her blood tainted its beauty, that it stained the pure white into crimson. It sheltered her, her eyes falling towards a close to accept its cold embrace, waiting for the final strike to put her in eternal slumber.

Yet the touch that claimed her was warm and soft, it nuzzled into her neck and forced her eyes to flutter open, greeted by the most beautiful soft chocolate eyes. They were large and concerned, with so much sadness, so much pain, that she wanted desperately to sooth whatever harmed them. Taking in a soft breath, she would freeze when the familiar scent filled her entire being, her heart racing for an entirely different reason this time.

‘Jungkook?’ but he could not hear her, instead his head lowered into her neck once more, soft whines filling her ear, her heart shattered along his own. ‘I’m so sorry Jungkook’ she repeated, until his warmth would suddenly leave her side, his eyes glancing behind him instead, forcing her eyes to do the same, stunned to find six other wolfs within her presence.

‘Leave her’ a calico furred wolf spoke with a deep dominant tone, obviously being the Alpha of the pack before her.

‘Namjoon?’ Min-Ah asked, the large head of the wolf nodding briefly, but his eyes stayed locked on the grey wolf before her, engaged in a staring contest. ‘Is this Jungkook?’ She swore by it, that it was him. They smelled so similar, his scent would never be forgotten.

‘Leave her’ Namjoon ignored the question, the grey wolf letting a few whines leave his lips, before ultimately, turning his back towards her and following the other six members away from the scene.

‘It would be cruel to chase him’ Namjoon spoke out after the other members had left, her eyes forced to meet the narrowed ones that stared at her harshly, as though judging her, and she deserved the judgement and cruel treatment. She had harmed the sweetest boy in the world, like a cruel sadist. ‘Why are you here alone?’

‘I don’t know…’ Min-Ah answered honestly ‘I just wanted to get away I guess.’

‘From?’

‘Everything’ she whispered softly, trying to stand herself up but immediately dropping towards the ground, her legs failing her completely, and her body refusing to continue fighting. ‘Why are you here?’ she asked instead, alarmed when Namjoon lied beside her, placing his head atop of hers and allowing her to rest more comfortably, to rely on his strength to carry her through.

‘Long story…’

Not really, actually, it happened without warning, and to quickly to be stopped.

~*~*~*~

‘Min-Ah…?’ The entire pack had stopped movement upon hearing the newest member speak for the first time, Namjoon’s eyes quickly falling back towards the youngest of the group. He had just formed two days ago,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter