009

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What would happen, if you accidently mark the wrong person?” Suho only knew one person that would hold the answer, for his father had been through something similar in his life. His mother wasn’t his first mate, she was however, his last which was much more important.

“What did you do son?” His father already figured it out, this question had meaning behind it, which meant that Suho had marked someone. “Don’t tell me you marked Rose…”

Clever as he was, Suho lied and nodded his head, his eyes falling towards the ground, shameful for lying to someone whom carried him through life. He knew that if he asked about breaking the bond with Min-Ah, then he would be rejected instantly. They wanted that to happen, everyone was pushing for them to be together, not caring about the feelings of their children.

“Well, it’s extremely painful for both parties, not going to lie” his father breathed out the words “sometimes, it could be fatal...”

“What do you mean fatal?” Suho asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Well, if only one person wishes to break the bond… The person who holds onto it, will suffer the pain of it breaking. It’s crucial that you both agree to breaking the bond, otherwise, the pain will be too much. Trust me kid, it’s pretty ugly.”

“Sounds like you are speaking from experience.” Suho raised an eyebrow towards the elder, surprised when a soft sigh stole his lips.

“You see, when I was young, I wanted to rush in having a mate. Everyone else had one, and I felt lonely at the time. Luckily, there was a female who didn’t have a mate and felt similar to one another… So we mated.”

“That doesn’t sound to bad” Jun-Myeon was confused, but his father pressed further.

“Then my mate came, and I knew instantly that we were destined to be together. She made my heart float, her smile made my skies blue again, and her scent… I couldn’t stand to be away from it. She felt it too, I know she did, because she smiled at me first… and then the mate at my side.”

Suho pondered how he felt when first seeing Min-Ah in the woods, lost and terrified, stumbling around on her new set of legs. He remembered staring at her for a while, watching from a distance as she adjusted to her new body, remembered that he was smiling the whole time. Yet his heart didn’t race for her, she never smiled at him, and she certainly didn’t make any attempt to be affectionate, in fact, she tried taking his damn head off. Legend was wrong it seems.

Then there was her scent, the one that he simply couldn’t resist, the same one that had gotten them into this very situation.

“You’ll know she’s the one, when all you think about is her… When all you care about, is making her happy” his father seemed just as lost in thought as himself, Suho nodding in understanding, trying to remember everything that had led them to the point.

Sure he cared about Min-Ah, but no more than he cared about the other members. Right?

“So, what happened after meeting mom?”

“I slept with her” Ew, Suho did NOT need to know how he was born “and I broke my bond with my current mate, the same day.”

“It was that easy?” Jun-Myeon like the thought of it, considering he already had someone else in mind, someone who made him smile and happy, someone who was as beautiful as the blanket of fresh snow amongst the woods.

“That girl, died that night of a heart attack” Oh… Yeah, that made it slightly more difficult. “She died, because I betrayed her… because I was selfish… You’re going to kill the person you love, if you try to break that bond.”

“Yeah but, she’s not the right person” Jun-Myeon spoke quickly, feeling slightly nervous suddenly with his father’s stare casted upon him.

“If you marked her out of instinct, then she IS the right one. Your wolf doesn’t lie to you, it knows the mate it wants, it doesn’t choose wrong.”

“I made the decision” Suho lied once again, his heart clenching within his chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter