011

~ Tainted ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jun-Myeon hated his life at this very moment. He didn’t hate his life because he found himself in conflict between a girl he had just met and marked, and the love of his life who had been there since the beginning. He didn’t hate his life because he had failed as a leader towards the group he was supposed to lead. He hated his life, because she only found strength at the mention of another name, a name that did not belong to him, but to a wolf who had loved her first.

It was the only thing that had motivated her enough to keep her head from falling towards the ground, from keeping those dreary blue observing eyes from falling into slumber. He had begged, had demanded she stayed awake… Namjoon had only mentioned a name, and her heart resurrected to the calling of it, gaining life where it had been lost. It was almost unfair, to know that he meant nothing to her, that he could not be enough to motivate her, to make her calm and strong.

‘You failed her’ and Kim Jun-Myeon felt every syllable that was spoken within such a short statement. He felt it in the way she pushed herself away from him, the way she struggled to stand herself on all fours to properly heal, but not because he had asked, but because Jungkook had asked. Perhaps if he hadn’t been so busy running, he would have realized that she was running just as much. She was running towards him, to cater him, to comfort him, and he had harshly pushed her away without a care.

‘That’s it, get up’ Namjoon soothed her, his voice soft and comforting, and it comforted what Suho could not for she continued to fight for energy and strength, wobbling on the legs that threatened to fail from under her. Yet she trusted the Alpha at her side to catch her should it happen, it was just depressing that Suho wasn’t that Alpha she trusted. It was his own fault.

‘Are you taking her home or…?’ Suho broke from his thoughts when feeling a strong pair of eyes upon him, his eyes narrowing towards Namjoon before slowly glancing towards heartache and pain, and such terrible things never did look so beautiful before. She was beautiful, her eyes pierced his heart, and he was a fool trying to deny it.

‘Yeah…’ Suho sighed out the single word, standing himself and shaking off the snow that covered his entire being, wetting his fur and freezing him, yet he felt much colder inside than the outside.

They walked in complete silence, Namjoon following until they were away from the rogue’s territory and closer towards their own. He watched silently as she struggled to follow his slow pace, listened to her unintentional whines and yelps of pain, and each new one broke his heart further and further. He pondered how the organ continued to beat, even after the torture is was being pushed into.

‘Are you okay?’ his eyes widened when hearing her voice within his head, forcing him to stop complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter