Chapter 05

Where have you been all my life?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica as a mother was a joke.

 

She had never met her mother because her father thought that she wasn't worth of his name so he just took Jessica away from her mother.

Since the her mother didn't have a strong health and was left without her newborn child, something that could definitely drove an omega crazy, her mother didn't last long.

 

So Jessica had zero knowledge about what being a mother meant.

 

She didn't also fit the character, since she was a modern woman with no intention of becoming a housewife. Not that she needed to be a housewife to be a mother, but it was the stereotype of pregnant omegas on her society.

 

But what was this strange feeling growing and growing inside of her heart? She didn't know why she thought she could do it, it just came in to her head one night while she cried herself to sleep.

 

At least we could have each other, she thought.

 

But this baby was also his baby and it was starting to affect her will to continued with her plans.

 

And then that night, two days ago, happened.

 

Tyler tried to drive her to his place while he was drunk, and she figure that she wasn't scare because of herself but mostly because of her unborn child. She started to think about the baby not as his anymore, because he didn't deserve it. That baby was hers. She needed to protect her baby.

 

Jessica was now a mother on a mission.

 

Her friends were very supportive of her motivation. She didn't needed her father's money or name. Even though the society was very harsh with single mom's, Jessica was obstinated in succeeding. If there was someone strong to face a situation like that, that someone was Jessica Jung.

 

Her company, B&E, was no longer safe since he could barg anytime he wanted and she was avoiding the attention, so she was using the manager office at her bookstore very often when she got sick of staying inside her house hiding while working.

 

She also chose to work at the bookstore because she had been secretly observing Kwon Yuri.

 

Yes, she admitted now that she wanted to understand the female alpha, and why she had acted that way when Tyler tried to take her to his house.

 

It was a common agreement on their society that you couldn't meddle in somebody else relationship, even if it is an abusive one. That infuriated Jessica profoundly and that was also the reason why she thought that there was no hope for her, because nobody would save her from Tyler once the pregnancy was revealed.

 

So why Kwon Yuri ignored that and took her away from Tyler? She wanted to know.

 

The female alpha had been acting like nothing happened and it was starting to anger Jessica because she had never received this kind of treatment before. She never approached the girl, of course, but she was expecting Yuri to do it, so she had been drinking a lot of juice, coffee and even tea,  which she hated, in order to give the girl opportunity to talk to her, but the later never did.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter