Chapter 1

This Game Called Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

            My name is Hana Song. I’m 17 and in my senior year of high school. Today is the first day and I’m already for the year to be over. Most of my friends and I don’t talk anymore so I’m kind of a loner now. There are still a couple people I talk to but I prefer to be by myself. It’s easier than having to constantly watch your back in case someone isn’t who they seem. I’ve been stabbed in the back too many times to continue trusting people I just meet.

            I stand outside the building that I only must endure for one last year before my freedom. I’m dressed casually in my jeans, t-shirt and oversized sweater, along with my slip-on Vans, and a beanie. My bag is slung over my shoulder with one hand holding the strap and my other hand holding my phone. I’m not even paying attention to the people around me and just focus on my music as I heave a sigh and walk into the building.

            I head straight to where my first class is and wait in the hall, still listening to my music, as I wait for the teacher to come and unlock the door, so I can claim my seat. Luckily the wait isn’t long, so I can choose a spot quickly. Not long after the warning bell rings and students start rushing in to claim their seats with friends as they talk and catch up from the summer break. As usual, the seats surrounding me are unclaimed, meaning I have my own space to myself. The entire day continues like this up until the very end of the day where I finally get to go home.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

            It’s the second month of school already and it feels as if time continues to slow down like the world is playing some cruel joke on me. I follow my usual routine of going to my first class early to sit in my seat and listen to music while I wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter