The wolf

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What are you doing here, TaeTae?!" Jimin exclaimed.

"I couldn't stay behind!" Taehyung said. His eyes, sparkling with clear excitement, were dancing back and forth from Jimin beside him, to the scene of the fight.

"And Jungkook let me come!"

"I can't believe-...!!" Jimin and Sehun exclaimed in similar incredulous tones.

"I'm not a baby! I'm a vampire too! And I was worried for both Kookie and you!" Taehyung said, almost jumping, as a grey robed figure was slammed to the ground, not very far from them. It was difficult to understand whether it was Jungkook or Luhan who had sent the spoken figure that way.

Taehyung's mouth fell open into a wide circle slowly, as he watched Jungkook in action.
"I'd forgotten how calmly he can do this stuff-..." He said, his mind going back to the first night he had met Jungkook at the woods.

A vibration passed through the ground as Jungkook slammed a vampire into it, the floor cracking around the man's frame with the force.

"He shouldn't have come! What if-..." Sehun stopped mid-sentence.

 Luhan moved his hands in the direction of a vampire who was advancing on Jungkook from behind. The vampire had a silver blade in his hand.

 The man suddenly bent backwards, as if about to do a back-flip and his eyes widened, nearly popping out of his sockets as his spine broke and he fell to the floor.

"Luhan can fight!" Jimin whispered, his eyes squinted with a shocked face. "Woah-..."

"Apparently, yes." Sehun was staring at Luhan with an open mouth and blank face.

"And why... do you look like a ghost?" Jimin asked him. "Like a ghoul who died of famine. You look like you might fall asleep or something."

"You talk a lot for a man who almost died a few minutes ago!"  Sehun made a face at him. He was holding on to Jimin but it seemed to Jimin as if he were anchoring himself to Jimin to hold both of them steady.

"No, really-..." Jimin's voice died in his throat and the three of them froze. Their eyes turned to the doorway.

"More?" Sehun gulped.

Out of the vampires around Luhan and Jungkook, only around ten were left now. Jungkook didn't give any indication, if he had noticed.But Luhan whipped his head around in panic at the sound.

"Prince Jungkook!" Luhan shouted, moving his right hand at a vampire, making him stop like a statue, mid-motion.

"Let them come." Jungkook simply replied, slamming his elbow into the side of a vampire's jaw.

The ground beneath their feet shook.

"What the hell-..." Luhan lost his balance and stumbled to his side, catching his balance with his hand. The vampire he had stopped, regained his motion and lunged forward, reaching Luhan in a split-second, grabbing his throat in his huge hand, cutting out his air supply. Luhan gasped, clawing at the man's hand in surprise. 

Luhan gasped for air as his throat fell free. Jungkook was standing behind the man who had attacked him. His left arm was around the man's neck, and the bottom of his right palm at the side of the man's forehead.

"Thanks!" Luhan gasped.

"Don't die, all this started out for saving you!" Jungkook said, pushing his palm forward and the man fell to the ground, his neck twisted at an impossible angle.
There was another similar wave that passed through the floor, making it ripple.

"What the is happening?!" Jimin said, pulling himself up to sit upright. His vampire healing had kicked in, returning some of his energy to him.

"Whatever it is, it is run by magic." Sehun said, gritting his teeth.
Jimin and Taehyung turned their heads to him, similar looks of shock on their faces.

"What magic can do that?" Jimin asked, as the ground shook again.

Jimin had hardly finished his sentence when a tremendous thundering noise coincided with another tremor through the ground beneath their feet. All heads turned toward the doorway. 

The remaining vampires who were fighting Jungkook and Luhan whipped around and they wasted no time before making their retreat. Jungkook grabbed Luhan's shoulder and steadied him as he almost lost his balance again. 

Jimin stood up slowly, his eyes wide.

"What...in...seven hells..." The whisper that escaped his lips was laced with terror. "Where did they get a-..."

"KOOKIE!" Sehun screamed beside him, stumbling up to his feet himself.

"JUNGKOOK!" Taehyung screamed and made a lunge to run to him. Jimin grabbed his arm and yanked him back, hard. He Taehyung to Sehun and shouted, "Stop him!"

 "WHAT-..." Luhan cried out as he received a sudden push from Jungkook and landed some twenty feet away. "PRINCE JUNGKOOK NOO-...!" 

Luhan's scream died in his throat, as the monstrous black wolf - which had just broken in through the door, bricks and iron and dust flying around its mammoth black body - jumped straight for Jungkook. 

Luhan had been standing in front of Jungkook. Just as Jungkook pushed Luhan out of the way, the wolf reached him. Jungkook did not get the time to move - or to act.

"KOOKIE!!!" Taehyung screamed again, his eyes wide in horror as the wolf snapped its enormous jaws shut. 
Jungkook gasped.

For a second, everyone was silent.
 The wolf's jaws had closed but not on him.

"NOOOO!" Jungkook screamed, lunging forward. The wolf's head was just a few feet below the surface of the ceiling. As it jerked his muzzle up and then back down, Jimin was thrown to the ground, blood spattering on the ground where he hit it. 

Jimin had jumped in front of Jungkook, just in time. The wolf's jaw had closed, his canine piercing its way through Jimin's chest. 

"JIMIN HYUNG!!" Jungkook had Jimin in his arms the next moment. "HYUNG, NO!!!" 

"KOOKIE MOVE!!!!" Sehun screamed as the gigantic wolf raised its paw. It cut an arc through the air, aimed at the tiny figure that was crouched in front of him. Jungkook looked like a tiny doll next to the wolf.

Jungkook could not hear Sehun's voice. He could not hear anything...or see anything around him. Nothing registered in his mind. The world had stopped for him. All he could feel right now was Jimin's body in his arms...unmoving. All he could see was Jimin's face, his eyelids shut. His blood as it flowed freely from his wound, through Jungkook's fingers and onto the ground. 


No...
No
No
This can't be true
No...No...No...No

"JIMIN HYUUUUNG!!!" Jungkook screamed, tears flowing down his eyes. Jimin did not move or breathe. 

"KOOKIE!!!"
The wolf's cry would have made the most fearless hearts run cold. It's paw stopped just a few inches away from Jungkook's body as it burst into orange red flames. It jumped back, the ground vibrating with its weight again. Sehun lowered his hands, breathing heavily. At the same time, Luhan raised his hand, aimed at the wolf and the creature let out a loud cry. It was slowly cowering down, its head and body slowly forced downward under Luhan's magic.


"Ugh...its...too strong!" Luhan shouted, his face going red. His hands shook, veins popping out at the side of his throat and forehead. "What...the hell...is this creature-..."

"Its-...aided by some sort of mag-...magic! Where did they even get such a-...those rats even ran away themselves! They knew this thing was coming!" Sehun panted, dropping to the ground. "Luhan, save Jungkook!"

"I'm trying! It's too strong!" Luhan said, his entire frame shaking as he tried to subdue the wolf.

Sehun had forgotten about Taehyung for a second. "What the-...TAEHYUNG!! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?!"

Luhan gasped as his eyes found the flash of golden hair on the wolf's skin. "Prince Taehyung-...!!"

Taehyung was hanging from the giant wolf's neck, one hand clasped into it's fur. "The one thing I'm good at-..." As he brought his other hand in front, Sehun and Luhan gasped at the sight of the silver arrow in Taehyung's hand.  "CLIMBING!" 

He swung his hand and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter