Shield

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And…you agreed?” Luhan asked, pouting.

“Yes. Kookie is the stubbornest brat that was ever born.” Sehun said.

“But you said…it could be used only once. On one person. So how was it possible?”

“It’s a protective enchantment. It was supposed to be given to one person and they were supposed to be under it’s protection for the rest of their lives.” Sehun said, sighing. “I never thought I’d have to transfer it to someone else from Kookie. And…I didn’t think it could be possible.”

“But you did it…”

“Yes…But it was a protection, Luhan. Taking it away from the person who has had it, as a part of them for twenty years…I don’t think anyone, in Kookie’s place could have survived that. It made him weak last night…”

“Oh …So…Is Prince Jungkook okay now?”

“He is strong like no other vampire is. So, like I said, he was okay after the transfer. But he won’t be after this-…”

“What?” Luhan said, shocked. He was propped up on his elbow beside Sehun. He sat up and looked down at him with a confused face. “What the-…why do you say that?”

“Because…” Sehun closed his eyes and was silent for a while. He opened his eyes and looked up at Luhan. “There’s a reason why I didn’t want to help you yesterday.”

“Oh…” Luhan remembered his words from the previous night and his cheeks went red. “I-I’m soo…sorry. I didn’t mean-…”

“I’ve seen something happen in the future. Jungkook’s death and Taehyung being the reason for it.” Sehun said.
Luhan went silent, his mouth open. 

“Yes…”

“Oh….god….”Luhan let out a loud breath and lay down beside Sehun. “How is that possible?!”

“I think I just made it happen. By taking away Jungkook’s safety from him.” Sehun said. “This might be the reason.” He covered his eyes with his hands.

Luhan shook his head, making confused sounds for a few seconds. “But then, why did you agree?!...When you knew what was at stake?!...Why did you do it?!” He turned his head to Sehun and stared at him, eyebrows furrowed. “Sehun, are you crazy?!”

“I couldn’t refuse.”


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
FLASHBACK

“You promised Hyung.”

“And I’m breaking it now.” Sehun turned away from Jungkook and walked towards the door. “I’ve had enough of this.”

“Hyung, do you realize we are responsible for Taehyung’s condition?” Jungkook said.

Sehun stopped. “What?” He turned to Jungkook again. “What the hell-…”

“If I hadn’t come into his life, he would still be safe at the castle under Seokjin’s protection. He would never have left.

He left because he felt betrayed by me.”

Sehun was at a loss for words.
“The reason he left and the reason the rebels could get to him and do this to him…is us. We made it happen. This is the second time that Taehyung is almost about to die.”
Sehun shut his eyes tightly and looked down. 

“We both know what the first time was. Why it happened.” Jungkook said, walking up to stand in front of Sehun.

Sehun sighed. He couldn’t look up and meet Jungkook’s eyes.

“I know you feel guilty, Hyung. For doing what you did to Taehyung in his childhood. And I know you wish you could have undone it.”

Sehun turned away from Jungkook and walked to the window, his back to Jungkook. “Jungkook, just go away.”

“Hyung…there’s no way to undo the past. But you can undo what we’ve done this time.” Jungkook said. “Help save his life, Hyung.”

“Jungkook, I wish I could save him. But the consequences…” Sehun turned and faced Jungkook slowly. “I can’t let you do this. I can’t take away your protection, Jungkook. Why don’t you understand?...The consequence of this would be making you vulnerable.”

“I can’t live without him, Hyung. That’s the consequence if he dies. So, choose.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Luhan listened to Sehun silently. After Sehun had finished talking, there was silence for a while.

“So, what do we do now?” Luhan whispered, turning his head to look at Sehun’s face.

“Try to keep Kookie safe. I don’t know what else to do.”
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

[Yoongi]


There was a loud sound of footsteps coming down the corridor, at the end of which was Yoongi’s cell.

Yoongi sat up, listening to the sound in apprehension.

Within a few seconds, there was a familiar figure at the door to his cell. He was wearing black robes, the hood of it pulled over his face up till his nose. But there was no way, even with this much concealment, that Yoongi would not recognize his best friend.

“Jin!” Yoongi got up and walked to the door, grasping the bars. “What the hell-…how did you get out of your cell?”

Seokjin pulled his hood away from his head and it fell on his shoulders, revealing a smiling face. 
“You recognized me even with the hood, wow.” He grinned.

“Jin-... ” Yoongi shook his head and sighed in frustration. “Your highness, what are you doing here?! How did you get out of the cell?! First tell me-…”

“There’s no one around, so you don’t have to use those fancy terms with your best friend, Yoongi. And I’ll tell you everything. First take this-…” Seokjin held up an iron key that had been concealed by the long sleeves of his robes till now. “-…And open this door. I can’t touch the door, so you have to turn the key and push it open yourself. ”

Yoongi took a few steps back, his eyes wide in shock. “Jin, what the hell is this?! How did you get your hands on the key? I don’t understand what’s happening!”

“I told you Yoongi, I’ll tell you everything! Just take this and open the door!” Jin the keys through the gap between the bars, careful to avoid his skin touching the bars.

Yoongi gaped at Seokjin. “Jin…”

“Just do it, Yoongi. Don’t you trust me?” Jin said, laughing.

“Jin, I can’t do this!” Yoongi shook his head.

“You have to!” Jin said. “Yoongi, this is me. Your Jin! Are you going to refuse me? Don’t you trust me?”

Yoongi gazed at Jin, his shoulders falling. 

When have I ever not trusted you, Jin?
I know I probably shouldn’t…
I shouldn’t do this…this is just like those numerous times.
When my conscience told me not to listen to you.

“Yoongi?” Jin gazed at Yoongi’s face, his eyebrows furrowed. His face slowly fell, looking into Yoongi’s eyes, as he saw that Yoongi hadn’t moved from his place. “You…so you’re not coming with me? You’ll leave me alone, Yoongi?”

Jin’s voice was low and full of emotion. His shoulders hunched and his face slowly changed as he gazed at Yoongi, turning miserable. 

Yoongi closed his eyes, sighing loudly. He looked up and took a step forward, taking the key from Seokjin’s hand.
Seokjin’s face lit up in a smile.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Seokjin led Yoongi into the large room, the lights coming on by themselves. Yoongi looked around, taking in the room and its contents.

“What is this?” He whispered.

“This is your room. You’ll be living here.” Seokjin said, taking off his black robe and throwing it on the large bed, revealing the formal clothes he was wearing underneath it. “I asked them to get your room ready with care. It’s important to me that you’re comfortable here. After being held in the prison cells.” Seokjin scoffed, sitting down on the bed. “I will not forgive Jimin this time. I can even stand being in prison myself, but not you being in prison.”

The hair on the back of Yoongi’s neck stood up.
“J-Jim-Jimin only read out the letter that Taehyung wrote. He didn’t do anything.”

Seokjin smirked and made a scoffing sound. “Jimin has always been against me, Yoongi. You know that very well. I’ve forgiven him every time because he has the royal blood. Even though he makes it a point to always ridicule royals. His mother was my mother’s sister and I’ve always remembered that. Even though he is spiteful towards that side of our family as well.” Jin shook his head, making an of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter