The letter

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s eyes were glassy as he stared into the tiny fire place that kept his small, cosy room warm. He blinked after very long intervals. And after staying quiet for almost the entire length of the story, he finally spoke. 
“You…” Luhan turned to Sehun very slowly and his nostrils flared in a comic way. “You are a reincarnation of the devil.”
Sehun couldn’t help but chuckle. “I told you.” He shrugged. “I told you. You kept insisting that there’s good in everyone and blah blah blah-…”
Luhan leaned over suddenly with an angry face and Sehun jerked himself back, falling back against the arm chair in surprise.
“How did you become such a…such a…SUCH A BRAT?” Luhan said, shouting the last words and his nose turned up in anger. “You are hateful, vengeful and destructive…You’re everything your sister would have thought you were incapable of being, you-…” He closed his eyes and seemed to pull himself back from uttering some cuss word. “How could you? How could you use the prince as a pawn? How could you stoop that low?! And…Prince Taehyung…he would have died because of your poison!...How could you even-…?!!” Luhan withdrew himself and sat with his arms crossed in front of himself, is chest rising and falling in anger.
“I…”
“Shut up! Don’t you even utter a word! I always felt so sorry thinking about you. Thinking that you had lost everything in your life-...and-and-…I felt guilty coz I felt I was responsible in a way! But YOU!! Oh my god!  I can’t begin to describe how much I’d just like to strangle you right now. Your anger was on Seokjin…how could you manipulate Prince Jungkook because of that?!”
Sehun stayed silent. He was looking down at his hands again, listening to Luhan’s words. But in spite of the scolding, he didn’t look at all affronted or defensive.
Luhan went silent for some time, looking back at the fire place.
“I never wanted to kill Taehyung you know.”
Luhan turned to Sehun in surprise.
“I was mad with hatred at that time. Seeing the king who had ordered my sister’s execution. Seeing Seokjin…the one who had killed her with his own hands. I became blind with hatred.” Sehun said and paused for a while. “I made a big mistake there. It was the worst thing I’ve probably ever done. Even worse than what I did to Jungkook.”
“Tell me something. If Seokjin hadn’t agreed…would you really have let Taehyung die?” Luhan asked.
Sehun stayed silent, still playing with his fingers and not looking up. Luhan removed his eyes to the fire after studying his face for a while.

“Sehun…” Luhan whispered. “I’m gonna call you by that name coz there’s no trace of Seunghun in you. Tell me…is Jungkook really just a pawn for you? You brought him up…Do you really think of him just as a tool to achieve power?”
Sehun met Luhan’s eyes for a while without any words and then looked away.

“You wanted Jungkook to hate everyone in his family. It’s funny that you succeeded with every other person but Taehyung.” Luhan said, scoffing. “It’s almost ironic that Jungkook should love Taehyung after all this.”

Sehun’s eyes went wide. He looked up at Luhan with an open mouth.
“That he should WHAT?!” 
He realised his voice had been unnecessarily loud when Luhan flinched.

“What? Are you blind?” Luhan said. He scoffed and turned away. “Don’t tell me you don’t know that. Although I guess its natural. You don’t take any interest in-…” 

 “What the hell are you saying?!” Sehun gaped at Luhan with an open mouth.  “And…how the hell do you…how the hell do you even know this?!”

“Anyone with a remotely functional heart will understand it when they see those two. Of course you don’t fall under that category, so it’s not surprising you don’t see it. It didn’t take me more than the first few minutes to understand it. The protective way he stood beside Taehyung. The smile that he only shared with Taehyung when he met Taehyung’s eye. The way he watched Taehyung when Taehyung was speaking.”

It was Sehun’s turn to stare blankly at the fireplace. “Woah.” He said slowly, almost in a whisper.

“Yes. Woah. Woah, your genius plan did not work out.” Luhan said. “You devil.”

Sehun didn’t respond.

Luhan shrugged. “See, that’s the thing about love. All your planning and resolve fails there. No one can hold themselves back from falling in love. You believe you could kill this person when you come face to face…but fate will make you end up at a place where you think you could give your life for them instead. Love is strange…it happens in the most unexpected ways. And it brings the most unexpected people together.”

Luhan grinned and turned his head to Sehun. He saw that Sehun had been looking at him, but just as their eyes met he looked away.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

“What is this, Namjoon?” 

“It’s a letter. Left by Prince Taehyung. He left instructions for me to hand it over myself and…and he gave me instructions. This letter has to be read out in front of the council.”

Yoongi and Jimin both stared at Namjoon silently.

“A letter? Why on earth would Taehyung need to write a letter? Where is he?” Jimin asked.
Namjoon hesitated a little before he replied.

“Prince Taehyung has…he has left, your highness.”

“He WHAT?!” Jimin shouted.

“What are you saying Namjoon?! How could you let him leave?!” Yoongi shouted, maybe for the first time on Namjoon.

“I’m sorry, Sir!” Namjoon looked at Yoongi with a pleading face. “But I couldn’t stop him.”

“Are you ing kidding me? You, the ing general who is in command of-…” Jimin moved up to Namjoon and the latter cowered back. “You couldn’t stop a half human?”

“Prince Jimin. Please understand…I do not have the authority to stop him-…”

“Stop making pathetic excuses!” Jimin shouted but Yoongi grabbed his arms and pulled him back.

“Taehyung is the acting king, Jimin ah. Namjoon is right.” Yoongi said. “He can’t stop Taehyung. Practically speaking, in terms of the law, Taehyung has the authority to punish him severely if he tries to force him.”

Jimin’s posture relaxed at this. He let out a deep breath and nodded.
“Hmm…you’re right.”

Yoongi turned to Namjoon and said, “Give me the letter.”

Namjoon stood still. His face was once more the pleading face from earlier. He looked like he was suffering inside, reluctant to do what he was being forced to.

“Namjoon? I said give me the letter. You just said you had come to hand over the letter. Why are you standing still now?” Yoongi asked.

“Sir…Yoongi shi…” Namjoon said, lowering his head as he said the rest. “I cannot hand it to you.”

“What?” Yoongi blinked in confusion.

Namjoon did not meet Yoongi’s eyes.
“The letter is for Prince Jimin. And no one else is to read it.”

Yoongi took a step back, looking baffled. He turned to Jimin and saw that he looked as stumped as him.

“That is-…” Namjoon stepped forward and extended his hand, holding an envelope in front of Jimin. “Until Prince Jimin has read it himself. After which, Prince Taehyung said that he should read it out to the council. And-…”
Namjoon finally raised his eyes and met Jimin’s. But his eyes gave away nothing but confusion on the words coming out of his own mouth.
“And he said that…Prince Jimin would know what to do.”

Jimin stared at Namjoon for a while, dumbfounded. Then slowly, he raised his hand, as if under hypnotism and caught the letter with his fingers.

“And there’s more.”

“What?” Jimin asked, still staring at the letter.

“You should read it when you are alone.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

 

 

“Where would he have gone?” 

Jungkook stayed silent.

“My little Taehyung…he’s not capable of being alone on his own.” Seokjin shook his head and covered his face with his hands. He had collapsed on one of the chairs.

“You’re wrong. He can take care of himself.” Jungkook said. 

Seokjin looked up at him, surprised. “What-…you…you don’t know him. You’ve just known him for a few days. I’ve known him all his life. I have protected him from anything that could ever hurt him.”

Jungkook was silent again.

“He hates me now, doesn’t he?” Seokjin said, sobbing. “I deserve it. It’s okay…If only I could see hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter