The favour

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan could feel the energy drain from him slowly, as his palms hovered over Taehyung’s motionless body.

“Why isn’t he moving?”  Jimin whispered beside Jungkook.

Luhan’s forehead was drenched with sweat, his shirt clinging to his chest. When he drew in a deep breath, he seemed to be struggling to do so. He seemed to be getting hunched forward slowly.

“Luhan…” Jimin whispered and glanced at Jungkook once. “I think he’s falling weak himself. He doesn’t look okay.”

“I’m okay.” Luhan said, having heard Jimin’s voice. He let out a deep breath, which sounded like a sigh of exhaustion. But he didn’t removed his hands from over Taehyung’s chest. A luminescent purple light was emanating from his hands, spreading over Taehyung’s chest, with small purple crystals swirling around his frame.

“Jungkook…” Jimin placed a hand on Jungkook’s arm and stopped, looking at his face. Jungkook’s eyes were fixed on Taehyung, without the blink of a lash. There was no way to understand what was going on in his mind, his face was a wall with no emotion.
“Hey…Jungkook, what are you thinking…”

Jimin glanced at Taehyung once and just caught the moment when Luhan stopped himself from swaying forwards. Luhan was biting down on his lower lip and clenching his jaw, shutting his eyes, trying to keep himself upright.

Jimin moved to Luhan’s side and caught hold of his shoulders.
“Luhan, you don’t look okay at all. Maybe you should stop for the time being…take a little break.”

“Theres…no…” Luhan paused to draw breaths in between words. He sounded like a person who had been running for a long time. “No time…For…that.” 

Jungkook did not move his eyes from Taehyung or respond in any way.

“We don’t want you to kill yourself trying to heal Taehyung!...And…it doesn’t seem like its working anyway.” Jimin kneeled down beside Luhan and looked up at him. “Hey, listen to me. Is there anything we can do to help you? Me or Jungkook…It’s clear that you won’t be able to carry on much longer.”

Luhan just shook his head. His hands were shaking and his breathing had become heavy.

“Oh god…this is terrible.” Jimin said, shaking his head. “Sehun! Where’s Sehun?!...He can take over for you for a while.”

“I don’t need him.” Luhan said.

“What?!” Jimin turned to Jungkook and sighed. “Jungkook…”

“I need to go.” Jungkook said. He turned and walked towards the door. Jimin was in front of him the next moment and he put a hand on Jungkook’s chest to stop him. 

“Go where?!” Jimin asked. “Jungkook, what’s wrong with you?! You haven’t said a word ever since you got here and now you’re just leaving?”

“I’ll be back soon, Jimin hyung. Don’t worry.” Jungkook said, not meeting Jimin’s eyes.

“But, Tae…” Jimin whispered. “How can you leave him here?”

“I’m not gonna let anything happen to Taehyung.” Jungkook said. He removed Jimin’s hand from his chest and was gone the next moment.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………


Sehun slumped down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Luhan’s words had been buzzing in his ears ever since he had heard them.

“You don’t know.” Sehun whispered to himself. “You just don’t know. You wouldn’t have said that if you knew why I refused.”

There was a knock at the door, which startled him. He sat and saw the door to his room swing inwards, Jungkook walking in and closing it.

“Kookie! What are you doing here?”

“I know I said I wouldn’t come back soon. But it’s still my home right?” Jungkook said, walking up to the bed and sitting down at the foot of it, facing Sehun.

“Of course it is. I just thought you’d be at the convent. With Ta-…” Sehun said, stopping mid-sentence and looking down at his hands.

Jungkook stayed silent for a while.

“Hyung, I never asked you for anything. Isn’t that true?”

Sehun looked up at Jungkook, surprised.
“What?”

“Did I?...Like throw tantrums and stuff when I was a kid.”

Sehun couldn’t help but smile a little.
“No…never. You never asked for anything.” 
He studied Jungkook’s face, trying to understand the reason behind this sudden unusual question. But there was no way to understand. The same poker face again. No emotions.

“Kookie…why are you suddenly talking about this stuff?”

“Coz I’m here to ask you for something today. A favour.” Jungkook said.

Sehun fell silent, unable to speak for some time.
“Of course…Ask whatever you want.” He said.

“But you have to agree to give it to me.” 

Sehun’s mouth fell open. He stared at Jungkook in confusion for a while. Then he nodded his head and grinned.
“Kookie…yes, of course. If it’s something that I’m capable of giving you. Then you know I would never say no.”

“You can’t go back on your word later.” Jungkook said.

“I won’t! Now tell me. What do you want?”

Jungkook replied after a few seconds. “Two things. Firstly, an answer to a question.”

“A…question?” Sehun said.

“Yes.”

“Sure…ask me.” Sehun said, smiling.

“Hyung…I’m immune to silver.” Jungkook said.

Sehun stared at Jungkook, confused. “Y-yes…I know that?”

“I wasn’t born this way, though, was I?...And it wasn’t my mother’s magic either that gave me this immunity.” 

There was silence.

“Hyung…my answer?”

Sehun sighed, closing his eyes. “No, you weren’t born with it. And it wasn’t your mother’s magic either.”

“How did you do it?” Jungkook asked.

Sehun was silent again.

“Hyung…you promised you’d answer.”

“Yeah, well I didn’t know this is what you’d ask.” Sehun said, frowning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter