Trust and truth

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jimin] 

Jimin was sitting on the railing of the north tower, the highest tower of the castle, his legs hanging over the edge as his eyes roamed aimlessly over the castle.


“Luhan has seen you before, there was no missing the look he gave you.”

Jimin did not turn to look at the voice. He had heard Yoongi’s footsteps approaching. He did not reply to Yoongi’s words.

“So is my assumption right?... He talked of princes... Fearless and skilful fighters...you match those two descriptions. The bit about the silver blade though... That couldn’t have been you?”

Jimin turned his neck, but did not meet Yoongi’s gaze. 
“Why don’t you try and test that out? You’ve been having a lot of suspicions on me lately. This way, at least one of them gets cleared.” Jimin said. 
Yoongi laughed.

Jimin turned and slid down from the railing. He walked past Yoongi but stopped after a few steps. 

“You said at the court room that the boys must have been rebels. So... You believe I’m one.” He said, turning to Yoongi. 

“I don’t think I know you enough anymore to say who or what you are.” Yoongi said. 

Jimin swallowed. He smiled without any happiness. 
“Right...but...”He walked up and stood right in front of Yoongi. “But then shouldn’t you take some step against me? You’re the high minister, its your duty, like you always say.”

Yoongi’s eyes narrowed. 
“I should. But unlike you... I haven’t completely changed. I haven’t forgotten that we used to love each other some time.”

“Used to?” Jimin whispered. 

“Yes...”Yoongi said. 

“You don’t love me anymore?” 

Yoongi looked away from Jimin. 
“I’m not the one who has chosen another.” Yoongi said and looked away.

“I told you that you are making a mistake. A big mistake…” Jimin said. “But I guess you won’t believe me. You’ve lost your trust on me completely.”

The two stayed silent for a while, Jimin looking at Yoongi and the latter looking away. After a while, Yoongi took a step towards Jimin and still not looking at his face, he extended his hand and grasped Jimin’s wrist softly. He raised Jimin’s wrist up in front of his eyes and slowly pulled the cuff of the jacket away from his wrist down to his elbow. His eyelids flickered and his face went pale as he looked at the red line that ran along the milk white skin of Jimin’s arms. It was the scar left behind by the wound made by his own nails two days earlier. Yoongi’s lips quivered and he raised his eyes to Jimin’s slowly.

“I…I…” Yoongi said in a whisper. “I didn’t mean to…to do this. I don’t know how it happened.”

Jimin stayed silent.

“I’m…I’m sorry.” Yoongi said.
He ran his fingers over the crimson scar and slowly, along the parts of skin that his fingers grazed, the scars disappeared, replaced by tiny blue glittering crystals that looked like fireflies and these too slowly faded away. 
Jimin looked down at his arm and watched as his skin lost all traces of ever having had a scar.

“I’m sorry, Jimin ah…”

Jimin jumped and his arms were around Yoongi, crushing him in a hug.

“Ji-Jimin!...Ouch! Jim-…” Yoongi coughed, half suffocated by the death grip. Even through the force that seemed near to cracking his ribs, he couldn’t help laughing.
“Jimin ah…you’re killing me!”

Jimin’s grip around Yoongi relaxed but he didn’t let go for some time. Yoongi put his arms around him and buried his face in his shoulder.
After what seemed like an eternity, Jimin removed his arms from around Yoongi and stepped back, looking at Yoongi with an angry pout.

“You hurt me.” He said, his nostrils flaring.

“I’m sorry, Jimin ah, I really am. I still don’t know how it happened. I would never have-…You know I would never.” 

“I’m not talking about this!” Jimin said, jerking his head toward his arm. “I’m talking about your ridiculous assumption. About me and-…how could you, Yoongi?! How could you?!”

Yoongi averted his eyes again. 

“What?...You still think so?” Jimin took a step closer with a menacing look on his face. “Don’t tell me you still think so, Min Yoongi, I will kill you.I swear.”

Yoongi shook his head. “I’m sorry. I guess it’s just my insecurity.” He looked up at Jimin and shrugged.

“Insecurity?!” Jimin said, his eyebrows shooting up. “In-insecure…about- about what?!”

“When I saw you taking that boy’s side. When I realised that you-…you were starting to become friends with him…and you like him-…Maybe even more than just liking-…”

“Yes, it’s a lot more than that. But its not what you are thinking it is. I don’t have a crush on him…I don’t have romantic feelings for him, Yoongi. I-…I can’t explain it to you. I won’t explain it! I hope you will be able to understand some day.” Jimin said.

Yoongi nodded. “You don’t have to explain. But…I’m sure you can understand why I’d feel…”

“Feel what?!”

“Jealous, insecure, scared of losing you.” 

Jimin gave an incredulous laugh. “What the-….Why the would you feel…How the could you lose me?!”

“That boy, he’s far better looking, far more impressive…Even I can’t ignore the fact that he has an effect on people…I couldn’t blame you if you started to develop feelings for him-…”

“Shut up!” Jimin said. “My god! You are being such a drama queen!”

Yoongi stared at Jimin, blinking several times. “You don’t …feel that way…for him?...Didn’t you ever?...Not even once?!”

Jimin looked down and huffed. His cheeks had a faint pink blush as he spoke. “Look. Ju-…Jay has a certain quality, like you said. I can’t totally deny that I did think he’s attractive when he came here the first night and…I felt really embarrassed admitting that to myself. I still look at him and think how nice he looks at times. I do find him attractive. But I don’t feel that way for him. Now do I admire him? Yes! A lot…And don’t ask me how or why we became friends-…I won’t explain that to you.” Jimin sighed. 

“I thought you were in love with him.” Yoongi said.

“I do love him. He’s a friend whom I treasure with my life. I know it seems strange to you. But…you see….what Seokjin is to you, he is to me. I can go against the world for him-I can do anything to protect him.” Jimin said.

Yoongi stood dumbfounded for a while, staring at Jimin.
“How…Who…who is this boy?...How is it that you value him so much?”

I wish I could tell you, Yoongi.

“Please don’t ask me anything more.” Jimin said. “But please…don’t ever doubt me again.”

Yoongi stayed quiet for some time and then he looked up, meeting Jimin’s eyes.

“I won’t.” Yoongi said.

Jimin smiled. He inched closer to Yoongi and took his hands in his.

“I seem to keep reminding you about this…Why do you need reminders?...There’s nothing in this world that could ever be more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter