Beginning

Heir by Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There has to be some way to find out." 
Yoongi paced the room restlessly. Namjoon was standing close to the wall, watching him, an earnest look on his face.

"Namjoon, I'm really worried..." Yoongi stopped pacing and dropped down into an armchair.

"I can understand, Sir." Namjoon said,  walking up to stand beside Yoongi. "I can understand-..." He coughed to mask his awkwardness. "-why you'd be worried. But - ...umm...I'm sure Jimin shi is more than capable of handling trouble. It's not without reason, after all, that we are all so scared of him-..."

Namjoon went red, looking down, knowing he had said too much. Yoongi rested his head against the wooden high back of the chair and laughed lightly.

"I know. But...he thinks with his heart, not his mind. He might seem cold and rigid from the outside, but the reality is, he's far too emotional for his own good." Yoongi said, looking up at the ceiling, wistfully. "He told me he would do anything for Jungkook. And I'm scared that this emotion will end up-..." Yoongi closed his eyes, sighing.

Namjoon nodded silently. 

"And besides, I'm not worried only about Jimin." 

"About Prince Seokjin?"

"About Jungkook." Yoongi said.
Namjoon looked up in surprise. He supressed his smile. 

"Sir, do keep in mind what I said. You do still have a choice."
Yoongi went quiet and there was silence for a while, before Namjoon broke it.

"Sir...I think there may be a way to get to know this so called Haneul's reality." Namjoon said and Yoongi's eyes snapped open. He sat up in alert.

"How?!"


................................................................................................................................................

 

Jimin felt himself as weak as he did that day, several years back, when his fifteen year old self was standing at a courtroom, listening to the sobs of a sixteen year old KiWoon.
The one who was right in front of him now, a world of hatred in his eyes.

"Oh, how long it has been since I last saw you. You're so grown up and beautiful. I bet you've had a good life, haven't you...Prince Jimin?" Kiwoon said, sneering.


Jimin couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"I always looked forward to the day when I would stand face to face with you again. The last time we were in the same room, I was crying and pleadin for you to listen to me. And you didn't even look at me. I was a rebel's son after all...Why would a Prince like you ever cast his eyes on a shameful black spot like me?!" Kiwoon took a few steps towards Jimin.

"That's not true-..."

"Of course it is! You were the reason my father got proven guilty of killing the king! And YOU were the reason I got imprisoned!" Kiwoon shouted. 

"You did kill the King..."

"What about your promise of protecting me? What about your promise of never turning your back on me?...I told you the truth! Why?...because I trusted you!" KIwoon walked up to stand just an inch away from Jimin.

"Because I trusted you, YOU TRAITOR!" Kiwoon gave a rough push to Jimin's chest. 

The men around them shuffled immediately, tensing up in anticipation. They stood in shock, as Jimin stumbled a step back, without retaliating.

"You hypocrite...you back-stabber!" Kiwoon said. 
Jimin looked up at him and he spoke after a few seconds. His voice was desolate.

"I had no other way. I couldn't let KiYoung walk away freely." Jimin said. "I had to testify."

"Of course..."  Kiwoon whispered, his face full of malice, a grin slowly forming on his lips. "But you know what-...neither are you walking away today." 
Jimin didn't answer.

"When I was taken to prison, I cried for days....I cried for days, for you...thinking how could my brother, my only friend...how could my Jimin-.." Kiwoon said the last two words with a sarcastic, bitter laugh. "-...Do this to me?!" 

"I'm sorry, Kiwoon...I'm sorry..."  Jimin whispered.

"But as the days rolled by, I slowly started to realise what you really were. I slowly realised that I never knew you in the first place. You are just like your royal relatives and friends. Just like your father, who always hated me. You are just another royal, who will manipulate anyone and everyone, to get what he wants." 

Jimin shook his head. "You're wrong, Kiwoon. I warned you from the very first day when I caught you meeting rebels. I tried to pull you back from them everytime, but you only pushed me away. I tried to save you-I tried to pull you back from falling under your father's influence...But, you made it impossible. It was too late by the time-..." 
Kiwoon pushed Jimin's chest again, this time harder and Jimin didn't respond this time either.

"Oh, you cared so much about me! So much that you ruined my life! My father was a rebel by choice. But YOU are the one who made ME a criminal!" Kiwoon said. "And I respect the rebels far more than your filthy royal blood. You royals are the real filth in the dominion. Only when all of you are eradicated will the dominion be pure again!" 

"Seokjin is a royal too. But, you allied with him." JImin said. "And does he know your real identity?"
Kiwoon's lip curled up into a wicked grin. "Of course, cousin Seokjin knows."

The hair on Jimin's neck stood up on end. 
"He knows everything, my dear. But you know...like Seokjin himself says, we have to make our choices, to save the things that matter to us."  Kiwoon said. "Right now, for him, that's the throne. And for me, it's my revenge. Against my father's murderer...that demon, Jungkook. And of course...you." 

"You're...going to kill me then?" Jimin asked.

"Oh, of course, you're laughing inside right now, aren't you? How could poor old Kiwoon...the pathetic weakling who used to get beaten down by your bully friends...how could he kill the likes of Prince Jimin?! You-..." 

"Your hatred doesn't let you remember correctly, Kiwoon. Those bullies never got to you, past me." Jimin said.

Kiwooon stopped, mid-sentence. His mouth remained open as he remained silent for two seconds. He gulped and shook his head, his mouth curling into a sneer again.

"I couldn't possibly fight you. But even you're not strong enough for these many men."  Kiwoon said, slowly stepping back.

Jimin sensed the circle of vampires around him, slowly closing in. Kiwoon retreated, step by step, his eyes on Jimin, a wicked smile on his lips.

"Lets see how many you can take down before you can't fight anymore." Kiwoon said. "And don't worry...because once you're weak enough...I will kill you with my own hands."

As Jimin watched, Kiwoon disappeared in between the circle of rebels, slowly closing in on him, he spotted a flash of silver. A jolt of lightening seemed to pass through his chest, as the realisation hit him.
An arrow with a silver head.
...............................................................................................................................................


"Noooo!!!"
Yoongi flinched as the screams of the man reverberated through the woods. 

"N-namjoon...do you really need to-..." Yoongi closed his eyes tightly, rolling his hands into fists as Namjoon broke the man's hip with one swift blow of his knees. The man screamed out in agony, his eyeballs turning up in pain, as Namjoon yanked his head up by his neck.

"TELL US THE TRUTH!" Namjoon shouted.


"NEVER!!!" The man screamed.

"Namjoon, seriously-..." Yoongi opened his eyes very little, just a crack to peer through, as he extended his hand as if to will him to stop. "Have some mercy-..."

"He didn't have any when he looted villagers, slaughtered their children, violated and killed innocent women...humans who had nothing to do with our rivalries!" Namjoon yanked the man's head once more. "Speak, Hanjung! Do you know Haneul? Is he linked with you and your son? Is he part of you rebels?!"

"I'm confused...who is this one again? Hanjung...Hanbaek...Haneul...Too many Hans for my brain...Namjoon!"

Yoongi averted his eyes, keeping them on the ground beside him instead. The sight of so much blood was making him nauseous.

"This one-..." Namjoon picked Hanjung up in a split-second, his hand around Hanjung's jaw, and sunk a punch into his stomach. The man spat out a fistful of blood. "Is Hanjung. The rebel leader...He has been the unquestioned prime leader of the rebels in the capital for centuries. And  his son, Hanbaek, has been by his side. Now, all we have to find out is whether our other Han friend has been partying with them!"

Namjoon punched Hanjung's jaw and a few teeth flew out as he fell to the ground, some dust stirring around him as he coughed. 

"SPEAK, HANJUNG. I might still leave you alive. See this man beside me ? I look up to him and he believes in mercy." Namjoon sat down beside Hanjung and grasped a handful of Hanjung's hair, lifting his head and looking him in the eyes. "So, speak."

"How did you find him, Namjoon?" Yoongi asked.


"I've been on a misson to seek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter