A Flashback

Foreign Love

"I heard you have a childhood sweetheart, Sunnee. Can you explain?", asked the interviewer to Dylan. "When we first met a really really long time ago, in 2015.", Dylan started.

 

"That's not very long ago.", said the interviewer. Dylan continued, "We clicked immediately, and we chatted really happily. Last year when we were livestreaming, she would call me 'hubby' and I would call her 'wifey'.", Dylan joked and laughed.

 

"Sunnee worked really hard, and you can often see her rehearse their dance or songs, she's pretty talented.", Dylan praised. "Did you send her a text or anything to show support?", the interviewer asked. 

 

"Yes, we talk whenever we meet up, she has a lot of pressure and I always tell her to keep it up.", Dylan said as he recalled his moments with Sunnee. "We were watching Produce 101 and seeing Sunnee cry, we could tell that there's a lot of pressure on them.", the interviewer said.

 

---

 

"I know Xiong Zi Qi, did you guys know he is my junior? He entered the company after me, and I debuted before him. But look at where he is now compared to where I am! But I think he's works very hard, and he started fighting for his dreams since he was very young. It's not surprising that he is where he is now because he has really worked hard.", Sunnee said to her livestream.

 

---

 

Dylan looked at his contract with Comic Lead Culture and smiled. He put the contract in his bag and walked towards the elevator. He opened his phone to listen to some music, as on cue the elevator door opened. 

 

He was about to walk in when someone bumped into him. He and the person fell, he stood up first and helped the guy that he bumped into. "I'm sorry.", Dylan apologized.

 

"It's alright, I wasn't looking at where I was going.", said the 'guy' with a brunette hair said. Dylan was shocked to hear 'his' voice. "You're a girl?", he asked in surprise. The girl laughed, "I get that. Most people who doesn't know me mistaken me as a guy.".

 

Dylan sheepishly rubbed his head, "I'm really sorry. How about I give you a treat?", he offered. "I already accepeted your apology, but if you insist, I'll accept your treat.", the girl said. Dylan smiled in relief as he and the girl enters the elevator and pushed the button down to the first floor.

 

Dylan lead the way as he and the girl reached Starbucks. "Starbucks, eh?", the girl muttered as they entered. They walked to the counter and said their order. After they got their order, they sat on one of the seats to talk.

 

"I never knew you'll take me to Starbucks of all places.", the girl said as she sipped her drink. "This is the closest place near the company.", Dylan said. "By the way, I never got your name.", he continued.

 

"You never asked.", the girl teased as she laughed. "I'm Sunnee Yang Yun Qing.", the girl said. "Yang Yun Qing?", Dylan wondered. "I think I've heard that name before.", he said as he tried to remember where he heard the name.

 

Sunnee smiled, "I'm from A'N'D.", she said. A'N'D? I've seen that name too in the company... "Ah! You're from Comic Lead Culture, right?", Dylan said. Sunnee laughed, "Took you long to figure it out!", she teased.

 

"I'm from Comic Lead Culture too!", Dylan said as he smiled. "Really? I never see you in the company before.", Sunnee said. "Actually, I just signed up for the contract today.", Dylan said. "Oh, so what did the head say?", Sunnee asked.

 

"He said I'll join a group called 'Spexial'.", Dylan said. Sunnee perked up hearing this, "I know Spexial!", Sunnee said. "Really? I'm nervous though.", Dylan admitted. "Aiya, don't be nervous. They're really cool guys. I've worked with some of them and they're really nice. The leader is not rude.", Sunnee encouraged him.

 

"Still, I'm nervous because it's the first time I'm working with Taiwanese.", Dylan said. "Aren't you from Taiwan?", Sunnnee asked as she was confused with what he said. "No, I'm from Mainland China.", Dylan said. "Oh, that's cool! I'm from Thailand, just working as an artist and singer here in Taiwan.", Sunnee said.

 

"Really? I can't wait to work with you!", Dylan said as he smiled. Sunnee's smile fade and was turned into a sad face. "Hey, what's wrong?", Dylan asked. "I have to go to Thailand soon, I don't know if the company will allow us to have the same project.", Sunnee said sadly.

 

"You're going back in Thailand?", Dylan asked, feeling sadness taking over him. Sunnee nodde4d, "Yep, I miss my family and I came back if the company has some project to give me.", she said. "So that means there's a possibility that we can't work together?", Dylan asked.

 

Sunnee noded with a sad smile. "Aiya, what's with the sad topic? By the way, congratulations on your contract with our company! I hope, you'll enjoy working there, Junior.", Sunnee teased. "Junior?", Dylan asked as he rose an eyebrow.

 

"Yep, Junior. I debuted before you so you're my Junior!", Sunnee said happily. Dylan suddenly laughed. "What's funny?", Sunnee asked as she watched him laugh. "I just realized that I never told you my name.", Dylan said.

 

Sunnee laughed in realization "Oh right, I never asked too.", she said. "I was planning to give you a nickname in case you didn't tell me your name.", she said. "Nickname? What kind of nickname?", Dylan asked. 

 

"Hm...", Sunner thought for a while. "Ah! I'll call you MC Starbucks!", she said. "Why?", Dylan asked as he laughed at the nickname. "Hey, I know it's corny but it's the way I can remember you.", Sunnee said. Dylan laughed, "You don't need to call me that. I'm Dylan Xiong Zi Qi.", he finally introduced himself. 

 

"Dylan? What a handsome name.", Sunnee said as she repeated his English name over and over again. Dylan laughed at what she did, "Hey, stop it.", he said. Sunnee looked at him teasingly and kept on teasing him.

 

"Aiyo, if you're not gonna stop this I'll call you 'wifey'.", Dylan said. Sunnee was taken back at what he said. She then smirked as she thought of a comeback, "Then I would call you 'hubby' to be fair.", she said.

 

"Alright, let's stop with the nicknames. Tell me more about our company.", Dylan said as he tried to change the topic. "Aiyo, changing topic now, huh? Alright, I'm easy to talk to.", Sunnee said as they went to talk about Comic Lead Culture.

 

---

 

2016

 

Dylan stopped at the beach, sighed in content as the breeze of the air surrounded the place. It was the day when SpeXial will do a photoshoot in Thailand, and Dylan was excited about it.

 

He wanted to buy some ice cream but he doesn't know how to speak in Thai, so he just let those thoughts aside. He stared at the scenery before his eyes, his mind wandering off.

 

"Dylan?", said a familiar voice. Dylan turned around to see Sunnee, who now has a blonde hair. A smile formed in his face, he run up to her. "Sunnee! Long time no see.", he greeted. Sunnee smiled back, "What are you doing here?", she asked. 

 

"Oh, me and the guys have a photoshoot here in Thailand.", Dylan said. "That sounds fun.", Sunnee said, feeling a little jealous because he's doing much better in his career than hers. 

 

"If you have some time, I can tour you around.", Sunner suggested. Dylan smiled wider this time, he's really looking forward to spend time with her, but he doesn't know why.

 

Three hours later...

 

Dylan and Sunnee laughed as they tell their stories with each other. After laughing, the two stopped to catch their breathes but they had a silly smile on their faces. "You know, you have a cute laugh.", Dylan said out of nowhere.

 

Sunnee's face became red, "Aiya, don't say that. I'm shy.", she said as she joked around. Dylan just smiled at her outgoing personality. Then Dylan's phone rang.  Dylan answered the call, "Hello? Right now? Okay okay, I'll be there in an hour.", he said then ended the call.

 

"I'm sorry Sunnee, I have to go now. My manager is looking for me.", Dylan apologized. Sunnee just smiled, "It's okay, enjoy your photoshoot here. If you need anything, just call me alright?", she said.

 

"But I don't have your phone number.", Dylan said. "I think Wes ge or Wayne has my number, you can ask them.", Sunnee said. "Okay, I'll be going then.", Dylan said as he got up from his seat. "By the way, can I call you 'Nee'?", he asked. 

 

Sunnee smiled more as she heard that nickname, "Sure, but let me tell you, only people that are close to me can use that nickname.", she said. "Then that means I'm close to you?", Dylan asked. "Maybe, maybe not.", Sunnee .

 

Dylan just laughed at her cuteness, "Okay, I'll go now. Bye, see you soon!", he said as he left the place while waving at Sunnee, who just waved back and watched him leave with a smile on her face.