It's Sunny Day

Foreign Love

All these crazy things I do for love (Things I Do For Love by Sunnee)

 

-

 

September 28, 2020 - Weibo

 

Dylan's post:

Happy birthday My Nee *heart emoji*

Every day with Nee, is a sunny day *sun emoji*

 

Dylan's comment:

This was our first picture together.

 

Sunnee's comment:

Aiyo!

 

Dylan's reply:

*smirk emoji*

 

 


 

"Rehearsals will start in two hours! Please make yourselves comfortable."

 

 

Sunnee smiled and bowed, "Thank you, laoshi!", she said. Then, she went on backstage. It was almost lunch time, and she looked for food to eat and fill her stomach with needed nutrients to carry on with the rehearsal later.

 

As on cue, her manager went to her carrying her lunch. "Here's your lunch.", he said. "Thank you.", she said softly as she took her lunch and chopsticks from her manager. Then her manager left, giving her some time alone.

 

 

As Sunnee ate her lunch, she reached out to her phone that was on the table. She quickly clicked the Weibo app, and much to her surprise, her notifications were going wild, even if that is already given as she is an idol.

 

Then she saw a post that made her smile and giggle, her being giddy after a long time again. "Aiyo, this Gemini man really is...", she muttered to herself. She couldn't help but smile as she read the two words from the post.

 

Sunnee immediately liked the post and commented "Aiyo!" on it. Minutes later, there was a reply on her comment. It was just a smirking emoji, but it made her whole mood happier than she already is. "Xiong laoshi... Why are you like this...", she said to herself.

 

Then she put her phone away, and continued eating her lunch. But not with her mind repeating those two words "My Nee.", and recalled their first meeting and the day when their first picture was taken.

 

 

Flashback

 

2015

 

Sunnee was in the practice room with her group - A'N'D. She sighed as she stretched her legs out as she was tired from dancing. As she fixed her purple dyed hair, she heard one of her groupmate starting to gossip.

 

"I heard there will be two new members for SpeXial.", Lucia said as she put some lipstick on. She raised an eyebrow at this, New SpeXial member? "I also heard they were from Mainland.", Lucia added.

 

"I bet one of the guy is Zhao ZhiWei.", Eunice said. "What makes you say that?", Yu Ting asked. "He told us that he's from Mainland.", Cosmos said. "Ah, isn't he the one we met on our show?", Allie said. "Yup, that's him.", Lucia said.

 

 

Cosmos then noticed that Sunnee has been quiet this whole time. She approached her. "Nee, are you okay?", she asked. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head. "I'm okay. Just tired.", she said. Cosmos sighed at her. "Look, if you don't want to go back to Thailand, your parents will understand.", she said.

 

"It's not that I don't want to go back, it's just... nevermind.", she said. Then she got up and smiled to them. "I have to go out for a while.", she said, and left the  room.

 

 

 

A tall reddish-brown haired guy came out of the office of Comic Lingyu. He held his documents and smiled to himself. "Finally, I can achieve my dreams.", he said to himself. 

 

If it wasn't for my family's share in this company, then I wouldn't be here... He then put his documents in his bag, before heading to the elevator. As he waited, he saw someone near him. Must be also waiting for the elevator.

 

He noticed the sad look on the person's face, making him wonder. Is he encountering some problem? Then he stared at the person's face, and noticed that he's wearing geek glasses. I think I saw this person somewhere... Before he could think of anything else, the elevator opened.

 

He got in the elevator, and so does the other person. They were in silence as the elevator finally goes down. Then he heard something that made his eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat.

 

He glanced at the person beside him, who was humming softly. So she's a girl! How could I mistaken him for a guy? Just because she has short hair? Then the elevator opened, and both of them went out. He saw that the girl was about to leave when he finally decided to call her.

 

 

"Hey! The girl with the purple hair!", he called out. 

 

The girl turned to face him, and gave him a friendly smile. "Hi?", she asked, more than said. He approached her while smiling. "Hi! I'm Dylan Xiong. I think I saw you somewhere.", he said. She raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Sorry, but I don't think I've seen you before.", she said. "Oh.", he said before laughing awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. "Actually, I'm kind of new here. I just signed up on this company.", he said out of nowhere.

 

 

"Ah, I think I know why you think that I'm familiar.", she said. He looked at her, confused. "I think you saw a poster of A'N'D in the office area.", she continued. Then it hit him, "Ah! The group who released 'I'm So Lonely'. You're one of the member?", he asked. She nodded at him.

 

"It's good to meet you, newbie.", she teased. "Aiyo, don't give me that nickname.", he said. She let out a laugh at him. "Okay, okay.", she said. "You look cuter when you smile and laugh. Why are you sad earlier?", he asked. "Oh, I'm not sad. I was just in deep thoughts.", she said.

 

 

Then, she reached out her hand to him. "I'm Sunnee Yang YunQing by the way. I'm from Thailand.", she said. As he reached for her hand, his eyes widened at what she said. "Really? I'm a big fan of Thailand!", he said.

 

"That's good to hear.", she said. Then she noticed that he was still holding her hand. "Um...", she said as she fought a blush forming on her cheeks. "Oh, sorry about that.", he said as he released her hand. She let out a smile at him. "It's alright."

 

 

Dylan smiled back at her. "If you want, I can take you to Thailand.", Sunnee said. His eyes lightened up at that. "Really? I can't wait for it.", he said. "Actually, I'm going back to Thailand tomorrow.", she said. "Oh, then I won't be seeing you here?", he said. She shooked her head.

 

He didn't know why, but he became sad at hearing that. "Maybe someday, I can take you to Thailand, and tour you around. Once if we don't have work to do.", she said. He let out a smile at her. "I'll be waiting for that day, Sunnee.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee gave him a smile. She's so freaking cute with that geek glass and smile of hers. And her eyes... 

 

2016

 

Sunnee could hear the noise of people cheering and talking as she went backstage. As she walked, she could see ten guys cheering as they stood backstage. Each of them has huge smile on their faces.

 

 

"Hey, that was a good concert! Congrats to you guys.", she said as soon as she got near them. Wes, the leader of the group - SpeXial, turned to her. "Aiyo, Sunnee you came!", he said. "My Seniors finally had a concert, how could I miss it?", she said.

 

"Sunnee! Long time no see!", Wayne and Brent said as they approached her. "Hi, brothers.", she said and Wayne ruffled her blue dyed hair. Then she looked at Sam who has been quiet again. "Look at him. He just came back from military service and he became quiet now.", she teased.

 

"What? Can't I choose not to talk sometimes?", Sam asked, a bit dramatically. All of them laughed at that. Then they started to chat, joke, and laugh as they talked.

 

 

Upon remembering something, Sunnee turned to face the leader. "Wes ge, didn't you guys supposed to have two new members?", she asked. Wes nodded at her. "Yeah. In fact, they danced with us during Boyz On Fire performance. But they left after that because they weren't familiar with the rest of our songs as they just got here a week ago.", he said.

 

"That makes sense. I thought I was just seeing things when I counted that there were eleven of you guys on the stage on your first performance, I was expecting nine since Sam ge didn't showed up at that time.", she said.

 

Wes smiled at her, "Do you want to meet them? After all, as the leader of the group, I want them to feel welcomed and comfortable at their stay here.", he said. "Okay. Where can I see them?", she asked. 

 

He lead her to the dressing room. There they found a brown haired guy, wearing white stripes shirt sitting at one of the chairs with his back facing them. He immediately recognized the guy. "You're alone? Where's ZhiWei?"  he asked. "Oh, Wes ge. You're here. ZhiWei went out with our manager to buy some snacks for us.", the guy said as he took a side glance at him. "Ah I see. Oh, you have a guest. She was supposed to greet you and ZhiWei. But seeing that you're alone, she'll be just greeting you alone.", he said. Then Wes left the two of them.

 

 

"Hi! So you're the newbie?", Sunnee asked as she slowly approached the guy. Upon hearing the voice and that nickname again, he quickly realized who it was. "Didn't I tell you to not to call me 'newbie'?", he said. Sunnee gaped at the realization of who he was. "Dylan?", she exclaimed.

 

Said guy stood up and turned to face her. "Yup, the one and only Dylan that you met last year.", he said with a cheeky smile. She almost laughed at that. "Aiyo, I didn't expect that you're one of the new members of SpeXial.", she said. 

 

"I didn't expect that as well. After I signed up to Comic Lingyu, they didn't even tell me that they will put me in a group.", he said. "But I'm not complaining. I'm a fan of the group as well. I've been listening to their song Dangerous since last year.", he added. She only nod her head at him. "I see. Didn't you know that I'm good friends with the whole group?", she said.

 

"Really? Then I'm expecting that we will be close as well. I'm now a member of SpeXial after all.", he said. She laughed at that. "I don't really like boring people.", he dramatically said. She laughed more at that. "Then you're lucky. I'm not that kind of person.", she said.

 

 

 

"So you're that Nee that I'm hearing?", Dylan suddenly asked. "How did you know that?", Sunnee asked him. "I didn't know until you told me now.", he chuckled. "I'm hearing that from Wayne and Wes. Why are they calling you that?", he asked.

 

"Ah, people who are close to me uses that nickname to address me.", she said. "Then, can I call you that too? After all, I think we're pretty close now.", he said. She raised an eyebrow at him. "How close?", she asked. "Like, this close.", he said as he took a step closer to her.

 

 

Sunnee almost blushed at this. But her attention was on his eyes and height. Oh my gosh, he is this tall... I might faint on the spot... "Alright, you can use that nickname.", she finally said. Dylan smiled at her, and to her opinion, he is cute.

 

"I see that you dyed your hair blue now. I think it suits you, you look cute.", he said. She bit her lower lip as she fought back a blush again. "Aiyo, why are you good with words?", she asked cutely and pouted. He pinched her cheeks as he let out a laugh.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Sunnee smiled at the memory, and blushed again. He asked for her number and WeChat, and he also gave his after she told him her number and WeChat. Since that day, whenever that they have the time, they would message each other. Whenever they meet up, both of them always flirted with each other.

 

She didn't realized her feelings for him, until the day when she debuted in Produce 101 China came. When she found out that he went there personally, she was feeling all giddy. She couldn't control the huge smile that formed on her face when she found out about that.

 

 

Sunnee grabbed her phone again, and this time she opened her WeChat. She immediately messaged Dylan. Upon seeing her nickname on their WeChat, she let out a giddy smile again.

 

 

'Are you coming today?' - My Nee

 

A couple of seconds passed, before he replied to her.

 

'7:30 tonight, right?' - Most Handsome Laoshi

 

'Yea.' - My Nee

 

'Let's see if I'll go tonight. Don't expect too much.' - Most Handsome Laoshi

 

'So you're not coming then?' - My Nee

 

'Just wait and see hahaha. You're my most precious Nee, I'll always support you.' - Most Handsome Laoshi

 

'Aiyo, fine then.' - My Nee

 

'Remember, I'll always say that you are "My Nee". Just like your nickname in our WeChat.' - Most Handsome Laoshi

 

'Aiyo, people would get the wrong idea.' - My Nee

 

'Who cares what they think.' - Most Handsome Laoshi

 

 

Sunnee smiled at his message, then saw that he went offline. "Ugh, he has no manners.", she pouted. But then smiled again as she backread their messages. "Happy birthday to me.", she said to herself. Then went back on eating her lunch. "I'll do my best today!", she said to herself cheerfully.